^Very nice. I've had my eye on those.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1303post #19532 of 2368312/22/15 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by jhcam8
Black, hmmm - I used some burgundy which didn't do much - shown in the pic.
yes - see below
yes - see below
They are too long, although they're the same size I take in Canterbury, Wigmore, and Thorpe. They wear about 1/2 size big on me.
Should have returned them. This happened the first time I wore them - had them on a couple hours. I'll probably try to fix them up and flip 'em.
Thanks, NewStart - no worries, all input helps. Cheers
My pair creases exactly the same way as yours and my big toe is around 3/4" from the end which I think is proper spacing and the balls of my feet line up with the flex point for what it's worth.post #19533 of 2368312/22/15 at 5:20pmpost #19534 of 2368312/22/15 at 5:24pmpost #19535 of 2368312/22/15 at 5:52pmpost #19536 of 2368312/22/15 at 6:11pmpost #19537 of 2368312/22/15 at 6:18pmpost #19538 of 2368312/22/15 at 7:19pm
before doing that, try getting yourself a sleeking bone from Kirby's store + some Saphir crème delicate or
Bick4. use the bone with one of the 'creams' as a lubricant and smooth the bruised leather out . . . . moving
WITH the grain of the leather slowly but surely increase the pressure each time. THEN try some cream and
polish to shine it up. you can judge whether or not you need to go a shade darker as you work it.
it's worked on two of my St C's and it turns out well
Edited by SoGent - 12/23/15 at 5:40pmpost #19539 of 2368312/23/15 at 6:56am
Thanks - I like the Wensum sole on these.Quote:
These fit about the same or maybe 5/8" - and seem a bit too long compared to other boots.Quote:
2 on the GG06 and 2 on the MH71, all 9.5E. The Glencoe is a GG06.post #19540 of 2368312/23/15 at 6:56amQuote:Originally Posted by SoGent
before doing that, try getting yourself a sleeking bone from Kirby's store + some Saphir crème delicate or Bick4.
use the bone with one of the 'creams' as a lubricant and smooth the bruised leather out . . . . moving WITH the grain of the leather
slowly but surely increase the pressure each time. THEN try some cream and polish to shine it up.
you can judge whether or not you need to go a shade darker as you work it. it's worked on two of my St C's and it turns out well
Thanks very much. I'll check it out. Where's Kirby's store?post #19541 of 2368312/23/15 at 7:07ampost #19542 of 2368312/23/15 at 7:26ampost #19543 of 2368312/23/15 at 8:37amQuote:Originally Posted by mw313
they do appear that way to me too. the first set of creasing over the vamp isn't that bad, but the far crease looks as if your toes are ending there. When you press down on your big toe, where do your toes end? is it before, at, or after that far crease? if it is after that far crease is that where your big toe nail is starting?
I am very curious how this test works - I have a similar issue with a pair of EG 82 Galways, the creases end just after the captoe. The crease-beyond-cap isn't as pronounced, or far out, as in those Glencoes.
When I press down on my big toe, my toes end after the crease-beyond-cap. I would say the knuckle of my big toe is just past the crease-beyond-cap. What does that mean?
Thanks in advance.post #19544 of 2368312/23/15 at 8:38ampost #19545 of 2368312/23/15 at 9:02am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The Architecture Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 3 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello LHS on Van Last in US 11.5D (Brand New) 8 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway