Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1243post #18632 of 2372011/15/15 at 9:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by watchidiot
I don't think it's necessary to do dainite with norvegese. The type of outsole shouldn't matter as welting is only between welt and uppers. There is a different stitch between welt and outsole. In case of Dainite it might even just be stitched on to a midsole. If does not require dainite are you game for norvegese?
I am pretty open to sole choices to be honest, but I think leather would look best on a chukka. I just am not entirely sold on the norvegese construction.post #18633 of 2372011/15/15 at 9:37pmQuote:I think this in peccary looks awesome. And I believe that leather sole too. Also good with a softer toe indeed.post #18634 of 2372011/15/15 at 9:42pmpost #18635 of 2372011/15/15 at 9:53pmQuote:@TtownMD if we an get another one we can still do this in December.Originally Posted by TtownMD
ThunderMarch go for the make up & thank you for including me I feel that may be very close to my current Stcrispin button boot make up sir. And thank you for posting pictures gives me better idea. And watchidiot in future if you want to do the make up you originally told us about on some thing please keep me informed sir.post #18636 of 2372011/15/15 at 10:23pmpost #18637 of 2372011/15/15 at 10:27pmpost #18638 of 2372011/15/15 at 10:33pmpost #18639 of 2372011/15/15 at 10:37pmpost #18640 of 2372011/15/15 at 10:38pmpost #18641 of 2372011/15/15 at 11:02pm
But yes it does give the shoe a more casual look, which I think a chukka in grain leather is.post #18642 of 2372011/15/15 at 11:12pmI think by adding a norwegian welt on a heavily textured shoe it causes too many textures.
both of these are beautiful however I feel like the chukka looks more balanced like that without the norwegian welt. Ill let the fine gents at Skoak chime in as well if they have an opinion one way or anotherpost #18643 of 2372011/16/15 at 3:33ampost #18644 of 2372011/16/15 at 3:46amQuote:Originally Posted by ThunderMarch
Thanks a lot Roger.
I will ok with your makeup. I am also ok with brandy.
@TtownMD will you be only ok with brandy peccary?
@borbor would you like to join the gmto as well, and if yes would brandy be your choice as well?
@watchidiot what are your thoughts on Bolet with either of the peccary colors, would you be game? I think we are all ok to wait till December.
@justinkapur the makeup is a button boot in vitello bolet with a peccary shaft. Might this interest you? And if yes, do you have a preference for the peccary color?
Thanks all, in advance.
Will see how this unfolds with keen interest. I may be in depending on the final outcome. Prefer to wait also for Dec. Just have two general preferences for the make up: (i) upper and shaft be of the same shade (not too much contrast if at all); and (ii) single Dainite (or something similar to Tomir or York).post #18645 of 2372011/16/15 at 3:48amQuote:@rydenfan Id be in on this. What last and sole are you interested in? I'm ok with any except 946.Originally Posted by rydenfan
Whenever I do a makeup part of what I consider is what is unique to the maker or in some way personifies their style. So to me the norgevese welt would do that. However, I tend to prefer slightly more casual makeups. I could be interested in the peccary chukka depending on final specs
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1572 Active Users (364 Members and 1208 Guests)
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 18 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Truman Boots 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway