or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1218

post #18256 of 23674
Deleted
post #18257 of 23674
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Dam Thrope soled out fast on my size


Not surprising if you ask me.

 

 

This even though there was a Pre-Order for basically the same boot as well and a version in Kudu at about the same time.

 

 

It has a lot of things going for it. It's a great looking split toe boot with a hand sewn apron.


Edited by dddrees - 11/4/15 at 2:46am
post #18258 of 23674

All of the new boots are great. Hard to differentiate black, but the calf on my black G&G shoe is very well done. I'll probably stare into the metal eyelets of the black Canterbury until it ends up in my cart one of these days.

post #18259 of 23674
What's amazing to me is that there are over 60 different models of shoes and boots available on Skokatiebolaget web site. Truly amazing.
Hey @Skoaktiebolaget when the new fall Carmina styles are going to be available?
Will Carmina Tärnsjö Boots be restocked?
post #18260 of 23674

@Leaves Hi, do you have any G&G shoe trees in stock?

post #18261 of 23674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Hmm that was odd. Got a fraud alert trigger on my phone after buying from Skoak. Really weird considering I've had a new purchase there pretty much every month. Guess the US store / US dollar threw it off.
For me my credit card company called me & I told them it's legit & I have bought shoes from them. Since then problem have been solved you may have to call them & let them know once biggrin.gif
post #18262 of 23674
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Not surprising if you ask me.


This even though there was a Pre-Order for basically the same boot as well and a version in Kudu at about the same time.


It has a lot of things going for it. It's a great looking split toe boot with a hand sewn apron.
Very true was bummed when my size sold out but hoping the kudu rerun will happen some time biggrin.gif
post #18263 of 23674
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin8451 View Post
 

@Leaves Hi, do you have any G&G shoe trees in stock?

We do not stock G&G shoe trees (they can be ordered) but our own Skoaktiebolaget shoe trees fits their lasts very well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

What's amazing to me is that there are over 60 different models of shoes and boots available on Skokatiebolaget web site. Truly amazing.
Hey @Skoaktiebolaget when the new fall Carmina styles are going to be available?
Will Carmina Tärnsjö Boots be restocked?

Thank you. We have received new fall styles from September and some new boots are expected in late November. More information on upcoming new models will be available shortly on our website. The 80277 Wingtip boot in Tärnsjö leather has not been restocked but we will receive the fur lined 80179 model again later in November or December (same as last years popular version).

post #18264 of 23674
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Very true was bummed when my size sold out but hoping the kudu rerun will happen some time biggrin.gif


Oh I'd love a kudu thorpe so much, I wonder if it would be possible to do a GMTO for one (or maybe even better -- mountain ram?).

post #18265 of 23674

Just placed my first order for G&G Boots. Really liked the G&G Thorpe design and went with 8.5E UK size as per Gabriel's recommendation. 

I usually wear 8E in C&J (most lasts and its a good fit) and 42.5 EU in Vass U last (tad bit loose). 

In Bonafe 946 last i was unlucky and the 8F (standard width) is tight on my toes. Its with a cobbler for stretching it out.

Hope G&G Thorpe fits good and i would really appreciate if anyone can share their experience with G&G MH71 last size.   

 

post #18266 of 23674
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh View Post

Just placed my first order for G&G Boots. Really liked the G&G Thorpe design and went with 8.5E UK size as per Gabriel's recommendation. 



I usually wear 8E in C&J (most lasts and its a good fit) and 42.5 EU in Vass U last (tad bit loose). 



In Bonafe 946 last i was unlucky and the 8F (standard width) is tight on my toes. Its with a cobbler for stretching it out.



Hope G&G Thorpe fits good and i would really appreciate if anyone can share their experience with G&G MH71 last size.   



 



You should be fine with 8.5 E in MH71.
For Bonafe 946 you probably need 8 in G with.
post #18267 of 23674
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


You should be fine with 8.5 E in MH71.
For Bonafe 946 you probably need 8 in G with.

Thanks a lot @laufer . 

post #18268 of 23674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Hmm that was odd. Got a fraud alert trigger on my phone after buying from Skoak. Really weird considering I've had a new purchase there pretty much every month. Guess the US store / US dollar threw it off.

+1
post #18269 of 23674
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh View Post

Just placed my first order for G&G Boots. Really liked the G&G Thorpe design and went with 8.5E UK size as per Gabriel's recommendation. 



I usually wear 8E in C&J (most lasts and its a good fit) and 42.5 EU in Vass U last (tad bit loose). 



In Bonafe 946 last i was unlucky and the 8F (standard width) is tight on my toes. Its with a cobbler for stretching it out.



Hope G&G Thorpe fits good and i would really appreciate if anyone can share their experience with G&G MH71 last size.   



 



Welcome to the club! smile.gif You won't be disappointed!
post #18270 of 23674
@DeSense

Patrick has mentioned this before, but Arran grain is not always finished to the exact same shade. So, it's possible the current batch is more red-brown.

When I visited G&G on Savile Row, I can tell you the Arran Grain Thorpe they had in store looked more mustard-yellow in person, similar to the second pic you posted.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread