or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1098

post #16456 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post

I certainly cannot compete with Skoak's photography or backdrops. My first two orders from Skoak just happened to be my first two pairs of polo suede. I agree with the sentiments on the true color is difficult to photograph.
- polo suede boot on the Soller last
- polo suede NST on the Forest last




Looks great ....... did you take the same size in Soller and Forest?
post #16457 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

I'm not even sure if GG has different trees for the different widths (I'd hope so) but I was wondering how the fit was.

Thanks!
I can tell you that GG can make you trees in various widths. They make all of mine in G width. It takes longer cause they have to make them from scratch, but well worth it...
post #16458 of 23720
@watchidiot thanks man, appreciate the pictures. Looks like EB 946 is shorter compare to Rain which might work in my advantage. I should take the same size as Rain which is 8UK and hopefully heel slippage won't be the same.
post #16459 of 23720

How to get a list of all the proposed EB GMTOs? May look to participate. 

post #16460 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

i don't thinks necessary as the width is almost the same, it's just that the 946 tapers more towards the toe and towards the waist. The main difference do me are the heel and the length.
The Rain's toe taper is already tight on my little toes. If the 946 tapers more, then it will not work for me.
post #16461 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post
 

How to get a list of all the proposed EB GMTOs? May look to participate. 

Check out the EB GMTO thread. I have two proposals going on now, but you can see the others in there.

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/504550/enzo-bonaf-mto-and-gmto-central/45#post_8058297

post #16462 of 23720
Carmina rain last is same length as Simpson right?
Figuring my size out cause I have forest, Inca and Simpson in uk8.5. Simpson is more snug compared to both and length wise longer.
post #16463 of 23720
I s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skell6009 View Post

The Rain's toe taper is already tight on my little toes. If the 946 tapers more, then it will not work for me.
maybe you can go up a size. Or up a width as wide 946 is available.
post #16464 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmss View Post

Carmina rain last is same length as Simpson right?
Figuring my size out cause I have forest, Inca and Simpson in uk8.5. Simpson is more snug compared to both and length wise longer.

I don't remember if it was in this thread or the Carmina thread, but I believe someone posted a size 7.5 Rain and size 8 Simpson and the lengths were pretty equal. I personally wear size 8 Rain and size 8.5 Simpson. Simpson is a lot narrower.

post #16465 of 23720

Did Soak ever carry Carmina rain in EEE width? Or do you necessarily have to order it as a(n) (G)MTO?

post #16466 of 23720
I believe you either need to do an MTO with a 50% mark up, find an all EEE Gmto (no mark up, which I would be interested in), or pay a mark up on a gmto (though I defer to Skoak for truth to this last one).

Brown plain toe blucher or burgundy Adelaide with a medallion on the rain last in a EEE?
post #16467 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skell6009 View Post

The Rain's toe taper is already tight on my little toes. If the 946 tapers more, then it will not work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

I s
maybe you can go up a size. Or up a width as wide 946 is available.

skell I would recommend keeping the same size but going up in a width. I had the same issue with 946 last, when I went a half size up in length the shoe was too long. In the end I went with the g width. I would recommend going with G width but keeping the same size.
post #16468 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post



skell I would recommend keeping the same size but going up in a width. I had the same issue with 946 last, when I went a half size up in length the shoe was too long. In the end I went with the g width. I would recommend going with G width but keeping the same size.

Yep, I plan on getting a size 8 G width on my 946 GMTO. Now if I could just get one more person...

post #16469 of 23720
Ok so based upon all you gents input & info for 946 & 804 last which fits similar to carmina rain last. I will go with same size as my rain last size 8.5UK. On rain last it's a good snug fit on brand new shoes with very little heel slippage. If this is wrong please help me out. Like all ways all your feed back & help is greatly appricated.
post #16470 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Ok so based upon all you gents input & info for 946 & 804 last which fits similar to carmina rain last. I will go with same size as my rain last size 8.5UK. On rain last it's a good snug fit on brand new shoes with very little heel slippage. If this is wrong please help me out. Like all ways all your feed back & help is greatly appricated.
If Rain fits great I think 946 in the same size will fit great too unless your toes are already slightly cramped in Rain.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread