or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1032

post #15466 of 23835
Crimson there is definitely a high level of patience that is required during MTOs whether it be with any sort of apparel or shoes or anything. I think it's part of the fun and process. Again like other have echoed things happen and there have been bigger delays out there.

I would avoid clogging up this thread and maybe take it to a PM or email. I do hope your shoes/boots arrive quickly so you can enjoy them but I would say take it up privately.
post #15467 of 23835
What type of shoes or boots are we talking about here? Some models take more time to finish than the others.
I placed an order for a three pairs last day of January and one pair (basic Adelaide) was finished in 8 weeks for other two (boots) I waited a until end of the May
post #15468 of 23835
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonWave View Post

I had never asserted any contractual right to a refund. Occasionally, rights are waived out of goodwill.
I had previously given an example of another shoemaker, and managed to fulfil my order in a much shorter time. I do not recall mentioning my office.

I did not claim Skoak gave me a deadline.

If Skoak has indeed received my order before EB went on holiday, then I will certainly apologise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Crimson there is definitely a high level of patience that is required during MTOs whether it be with any sort of apparel or shoes or anything. I think it's part of the fun and process. Again like other have echoed things happen and there have been bigger delays out there.

I would avoid clogging up this thread and maybe take it to a PM or email. I do hope your shoes/boots arrive quickly so you can enjoy them but I would say take it up privately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

What type of shoes or boots are we talking about here? Some models take more time to finish than the others.
I placed an order for a three pairs last day of January and one pair (basic Adelaide) was finished in 8 weeks for other two (boots) I waited a until end of the May

I have started an email conversation with @CrimsonWave. Matter will be solved best through this channel of communication instead of clogging up the thread as Justin says.
post #15469 of 23835


I think that you all make good points, if we want to discuss further let's create a new thread.  

post #15470 of 23835
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Crimson there is definitely a high level of patience that is required during MTOs whether it be with any sort of apparel or shoes or anything. I think it's part of the fun and process. Again like other have echoed things happen and there have been bigger delays out there.

I would avoid clogging up this thread and maybe take it to a PM or email. I do hope your shoes/boots arrive quickly so you can enjoy them but I would say take it up privately.

 

Hear, hear.

post #15471 of 23835
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Also.... In the professional world, You don't compare unrelated business together, and assume they work the same. Shoes =/ your office. I do not believe skoak gave you a deadline as you stated, but rather an estimate. Those are different.

Also, Skoak said Bonafe sent out the remaining orders, so you comments about 'going out on vacation with orders unfulfilled' is incorrect.

 

I hope that's the case...

post #15472 of 23835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post




I have started an email conversation with @CrimsonWave. Matter will be solved best through this channel of communication instead of clogging up the thread as Justin says.

 

Hi Leaves, 

 

I sent an e-mail on the 31st & received an automated response.

 

I'd appreciate an update as well. 

post #15473 of 23835
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotId View Post

Hi Leaves, 

I sent an e-mail on the 31st & received an automated response.

I'd appreciate an update as well. 

PM sent
post #15474 of 23835
Thread Starter 
Edward Green US pricing

Friends,

As you are aware of Edward Green has been renegotiating our business terms in regards of the US market. I’ll not bore you with details, let’s just say things dragged on for longer than I would have hoped, but we now have the final details. Please note that this applies to clients in the US and US only. If you have placed an order with us before this new policy, we will of course honor this price. This policy only applies to new orders.

  • US pricing will now be in line with any other US retailer (about $1220 for base styles)
  • The new price list for MTOs and stock pulls will be enforced instantly – no grace period.
  • US prices for www.skoaktiebolaget.se will be enforced in September – as soon as our web developer has set up a new US store front.
  • New US prices will include any customs and duties – so you will pay exactly the same as if you order from a local US retailer.

The Edward Green factory is currently closed and will open up on August 10. I know a lot of you guys are itching for more MTOs and stock pulls but I won’t be able to accommodate you until they open the factory again. Thanks for being so patient during this process.

New EG price list attached blow - valid until further notice
EGPriceListSkoaktiebolagetJULY-DEC2015.pdf 186k .pdf file
post #15475 of 23835

Shall I commit a top drawer MTO to celebrate? @Leaves

post #15476 of 23835
What can you tell us about Carmina? I suppose something similar?
post #15477 of 23835
Well that pretty much solidifies that I'll never buy another pair of EGs. Seems silly when I can get GGs or StC for the same price.
post #15478 of 23835
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Well that pretty much solidifies that I'll never buy another pair of EGs. Seems silly when I can get GGs or StC for the same price.

I think Leaves has implied that similar pricing changes are coming for all the brands they carry except maybe Bonafe?
post #15479 of 23835
Yeah... I don't know about everyone else but EG isn't so price inelastic that I'd spend twice the price on a galway mto. Was fun while it lasted. As far as I'm concerned, I would never have bought any EG or GG if not for Skoaktiebolaget. I know you've been getting a bit of grief leaves but I truly appreciated yours and your teams work this past year. From one satisfied Enzo, carmina, Gg, and EG mto customer.
post #15480 of 23835
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Well that pretty much solidifies that I'll never buy another pair of EGs. Seems silly when I can get GGs or StC for the same price.
Most likely not for long. Better hurry.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread