or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 996

post #14926 of 23735
Quote:
Originally Posted by wengxiah View Post
 

hi guys, I'm wondering if the Bonafe 946 last is already a wide fitting last?

I heard it is similar to Carmina rain last which is a wide fitting last.

if it is true, then I can no longer buy RTW shoes:confused: because Bonafe 946 is still a bit narrow for me, i think i need extra wide


I believe the 946 comes in different widths if you did an MTO.

post #14927 of 23735
Quote:
Originally Posted by wengxiah View Post

hi guys, I'm wondering if the Bonafe 946 last is already a wide fitting last?
I heard it is similar to Carmina rain last which is a wide fitting last.
if it is true, then I can no longer buy RTW shoes:confused:  because Bonafe 946 is still a bit narrow for me, i think i need extra wide

Yes that was exactly my experience, I had to take 946 in G width. If you are interested in GMTO let me know, we would need another G guy interested in 946 last.

See this post http://www.styleforum.net/t/48068/enzo-bonafe-handmade-shoes/885#post_7980427
post #14928 of 23735
Do some of the GG shoes have a more curved front sole? Basically the MH71 in ST James II, compared to the Sinatra TG73 has a more curved sole. On the Sinatra, the toe box sit almost flat on the ground, while on the other one, it curves up.

Is it because one it's an Adelaide?
post #14929 of 23735
Quote:
Originally Posted by wengxiah View Post
 

hi guys, I'm wondering if the Bonafe 946 last is already a wide fitting last?

I heard it is similar to Carmina rain last which is a wide fitting last.

if it is true, then I can no longer buy RTW shoes:confused: because Bonafe 946 is still a bit narrow for me, i think i need extra wide

 

I'm still waiting for my 946 G last but Carmina rain is not a wide last imo. The toes area is quite constricting. I'm a US 8.5E. The wide Bonafe lasts that Skoak stocks I think are 363MOD and 173. You should also consider your instep as Bonafe tends to be quite high.

 

You could also try the Carmina Soller, Detroit maybe even Oscar, Forest which are wider in the toe area but not so high in instep.

post #14930 of 23735
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


Yes that was exactly my experience, I had to take 946 in G width. If you are interested in GMTO let me know, we would need another G guy interested in 946 last.

See this post http://www.styleforum.net/t/48068/enzo-bonafe-handmade-shoes/885#post_7980427

 currently I'm interested in a pair of non-navy colour, laceless shoes/boots :embar: 

 

I'm new to dress shoes world, may I ask a  question about the 946 sizing problem?

On brannock device i'm US7, the pair of 946 i purchased is of size UK6, but I can stick that Bonafe shoehorn all the way down at the heel while standing, without feeling extra comfort or extra discomfort,

in your opinion should I go down half size? 


Edited by wengxiah - 7/17/15 at 8:33pm
post #14931 of 23735
Quote:
Originally Posted by wengxiah View Post

 currently I'm interested in a pair of non-navy colour, laceless shoes/boots shog%5B1%5D.gif 

I'm new to dress shoes world, may I ask a  question about the 946 sizing problem?
On brannock device i'm US7, the pair of 946 i purchased is of size UK6, but I can stick that Bonafe shoehorn all the way down at the heel while standing, without feeling extra comfort or extra discomfort,
in your opinion should I go down half size? 
I would based upon what you said it seems logical. Welcome to SF but you may have to do trial and error that's the best thing I can say to you bud.
post #14932 of 23735
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


I would based upon what you said it seems logical. Welcome to SF but you may have to do trial and error that's the best thing I can say to you bud.

now i think i should stick to one last to make my tuition fee cheaper :embar: I chose Bonafe:nodding:

post #14933 of 23735
Quote:
Originally Posted by wengxiah View Post

now i think i should stick to one last to make my tuition fee cheaper shog%5B1%5D.gif I chose Bonafenod%5B1%5D.gif
Very good brand enjoy them in good health. Also you can message skoa for sizing info. They are very good & help full ppl icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #14934 of 23735
Quote:
Originally Posted by wengxiah View Post
 

hi guys, I'm wondering if the Bonafe 946 last is already a wide fitting last?

I heard it is similar to Carmina rain last which is a wide fitting last.

if it is true, then I can no longer buy RTW shoes:confused: because Bonafe 946 is still a bit narrow for me, i think i need extra wide

The 946 last from Enzo Bonafè come sin different width. F is standard width and then they have G and even H widths. Please e-mail us for further sizing guidance.

post #14935 of 23735
Quote:
Originally Posted by wengxiah View Post

 currently I'm interested in a pair of non-navy colour, laceless shoes/boots shog%5B1%5D.gif 

I'm new to dress shoes world, may I ask a  question about the 946 sizing problem?
On brannock device i'm US7, the pair of 946 i purchased is of size UK6, but I can stick that Bonafe shoehorn all the way down at the heel while standing, without feeling extra comfort or extra discomfort,
in your opinion should I go down half size? 

I would not know honestly because I never use Brannock device.
post #14936 of 23735

Gentlemen,

 

Here they are:

 

photo image.jpg1_zpsdkchdwif.jpg

 

photo image.jpg2_zpsvtub0tsz.jpg

 

photo image.jpg1_zpscdzvd5ro.jpg

 

photo image.jpg3_zpsa7owxsdz.jpg

 

photo image.jpg4_zps5y84myqq.jpg

post #14937 of 23735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Gentlemen,

Here they are:

photo image.jpg1_zpsdkchdwif.jpg


photo image.jpg2_zpsvtub0tsz.jpg


photo image.jpg1_zpscdzvd5ro.jpg


photo image.jpg3_zpsa7owxsdz.jpg


photo image.jpg4_zps5y84myqq.jpg
Those are lovely watchman. May I ask what is the second shell cordoven color? I believe first is whiskey, but enjoy them in good health.
post #14938 of 23735
Skoaktiebolaget ........... what Carmina jumper boots apart from the hand burnished grain will be getting this Fall?
post #14939 of 23735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonator View Post

Skoaktiebolaget ........... what Carmina jumper boots apart from the hand burnished grain will be getting this Fall?

Also the version on Black calf:

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/carmina-black-jumper-boot

post #14940 of 23735
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonator View Post

Skoaktiebolaget ........... what Carmina jumper boots apart from the hand burnished grain will be getting this Fall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaktiebolaget View Post

Also the version on Black calf:
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/carmina-black-jumper-boot

We also have one in Buffalo and one in Croc incoming.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread