Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 913post #13681 of 237206/14/15 at 6:46pmpost #13682 of 237206/14/15 at 6:54pmpost #13683 of 237206/14/15 at 8:28pmpost #13684 of 237206/14/15 at 11:24pmpost #13685 of 237206/15/15 at 4:13ampost #13686 of 237206/15/15 at 5:23ampost #13687 of 237206/15/15 at 5:33ampost #13688 of 237206/15/15 at 7:10amThread StarterQuote:
Fire away!post #13689 of 237206/15/15 at 7:18am
I've got some ideas for GMTOs with Enzo Bonafe. Have recently got my hands on a pair and am really impressed and keen to do up more shoes with them. The MOQ to avoid the MTO surcharge is just 3 guys. I hope these ideas may appeal to some of you.
Here they are:
Model 1: Plain toe adelaide oxford with peaked heel counter (shown in top pic), with contrasting uppers (shown in middle pic). No medallion.
Last: 946 last
Uppers: Contrasting uppers. Dark brown museum calf, with dark brown peccary facing (area around eyelets).
I'm very sorry, I do not have pictures of dark brown peccary. But I have a picture showing light brown peccary (bottom pic, shaft of balmoral boot).
Sole: Single leather
Cost: Base price 4320 SEK plus upcharge for peccary.
I am currently in contact with Gabriel. The upcharge for a shoe made entirely in Peccary is 480 SEK (Ex VAT) but the upcharge for just peccary just for the facing may be less, he is checking with Enzo on this.
(Patrik, I hope you don't mind me using a picture of your boots)
Model 2: Single monk with sideswept monkstrap, with contrasting uppers (shown in top pic)
Last: 946 last
Uppers: Contrasting uppers. Bottom half in Vitello Etrusco calf (middle pic), and top half (above the seam running along the quarters) in dark brown deerskin.
I'm very sorry, I don't have pictures (I've asked SkoaB and they don't have any as well) of dark brown deerskin as well, though I have attached a picture of what burgundy deerskin looks like (bottom pic, shaft of the button boot).
Sole: Single leather
Cost: 4320 SEK
Hope you guys see something you like. Drop me a message if you do!
Cheers!post #13690 of 237206/15/15 at 7:44amQuote:
heschung made some models in barenia in the past. They're comfortable from the get-go and patina very nicely, but not the most durable leather when subjected to rain/slush etcpost #13691 of 237206/15/15 at 8:34ampost #13692 of 237206/15/15 at 8:48ampost #13693 of 237206/15/15 at 9:51amThread Starterpost #13694 of 237206/15/15 at 10:01amQuote:
how about giving 74945 last a go? I think it's quite a good last for boots, as I've seen in pictures.
Thinking of a bal boot, with contrasting shaft and uppers.
Shaft: something textured, i.e, deerskin or suede?
Pretty opened to ideas at this stage.
post #13695 of 237206/15/15 at 11:03amQuote:
Definitely sounds like an interesting prospect. Grain shaft maybe? Or would that be too akin to a Shannon/Galway?
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 18 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Truman Boots 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway