or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 861

post #12901 of 23741

This came in. Thanks @Skoaktiebolaget 

 


First purchase that is in my hands (still waiting on GMTO). Forest last derby. 

post #12902 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2007 View Post

Which last is this one?


+ 1
post #12903 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

If you're going to MTO might as well have a fun lining biggrin.gif

Preach on, brother. Preach on.
post #12904 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


+ 1


If it it´s EB then it´s last 946

post #12905 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2007 View Post

Which last is this one?
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


+ 1

It's the TG73 last from G&G.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post
 

This came in. Thanks @Skoaktiebolaget 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


First purchase that is in my hands (still waiting on GMTO). Forest last derby. 

Thanks for posting! They work really well with some nice selvage denim.

post #12906 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Just arrived today. (Click to show)


First shot is in a warmer tone than on my IG.

Amazed at some of the EB make ups. Endless combos and they all look fantastic. Intrigued by a few MTO ideas now.

These are gorgeous. I'm on the same order and I hope mine look as good as yours!

...but wow it's frustrating that you and one other have already received your pair and mine haven't yet shipped!
post #12907 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post
 

Here are my Bonafe MTO's from January. Vitello Bolet, Model 3200MOD on the 804 last with Dainite soles (thin mid-sole), size 9.5.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Bolet is a fantastic color, and the 804 last has a wonderful, classic (sorry!) look. Sadly, they're a bit roomy, particularly the instep, which was a known risk with my low volume feet. I'll play with insoles and tongue pads. I'd like to order more Bonafe but will have to email with Gabriel about sizing.


 

I am not a great photographer of shoes (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Gosh these are ridiculously good looking shoes. I initially didn't think much of the 804 last but it looks really really good here. A classic last indeed, perfect for your pair of adelaides. What a great choice. Enjoy them!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post
 
Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Here are my Bonafe MTO's from January. Vitello Bolet, Model 3200MOD on the 804 last with Dainite soles (thin mid-sole), size 9.5. Bolet is a fantastic color, and the 804 last has a wonderful, classic (sorry!) look. Sadly, they're a bit roomy, particularly the instep, which was a known risk with my low volume feet. I'll play with insoles and tongue pads. I'd like to order more Bonafe but will have to email with Gabriel about sizing.

I am not a great photographer of shoes (Click to show)










I'm speechless. Absolutely love this EB makeup. Just emailed Gabriel.

 

Thanks, gents! I think 804 is wonderful. I had it next to Vass F last yesterday, and if I had to, I wouldn't be able to choose between them. Thankfully I don't. I think the 804 is a bit longer and the instep is significantly higher, but the aesthetics are similar. @Steel28 you won't be disappointed.

post #12908 of 23741

Wow, what a flood of amazing looking shoes here!

 

 

As you are busy writers/readers in this thread and seem so knowledgeable, what is your option about Cordovan pull tabs. A no-no for people who actually use pull tabs? Would you consider using a different leather for the pull tab on your shoe/boot? I really like to look of them and I also find them very practical for high-ish boots.

 

 

Maybe I should also just grow up and sit down to put my boots on and take my time to loosen the laces.... 

post #12909 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by minthe View Post
 

Wow, what a flood of amazing looking shoes here!

 

 

As you are busy writers/readers in this thread and seem so knowledgeable, what is your option about Cordovan pull tabs. A no-no for people who actually use pull tabs? Would you consider using a different leather for the pull tab on your shoe/boot? I really like to look of them and I also find them very practical for high-ish boots.

 

 

Maybe I should also just grow up and sit down to put my boots on and take my time to loosen the laces.... 

 

Fabric pull tabs are much more practical, but I end up asking for leather half the time

post #12910 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by minthe View Post
 

Wow, what a flood of amazing looking shoes here!

 

 

As you are busy writers/readers in this thread and seem so knowledgeable, what is your option about Cordovan pull tabs. A no-no for people who actually use pull tabs? Would you consider using a different leather for the pull tab on your shoe/boot? I really like to look of them and I also find them very practical for high-ish boots.

 

 

Maybe I should also just grow up and sit down to put my boots on and take my time to loosen the laces.... 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post
 

 

Fabric pull tabs are much more practical, but I end up asking for leather half the time

 

There are many more knowledgeable gentlemen here than myself...but pull tads are appropriate on almost any boots.

 

The most formal oxford/balmoral boot styles may be absent of them to maintain the formal aesthetic quality.

 

However, in most cases it would be cool.

 

As far as shell cordovan is concerned, perhaps you could specify 1 of these 2 options:

 

1.  Pull tabs in calfskin that are the same shade in general.

 

2.  Or, cordovan pull tabs that are lined with calfskin.

 

If it were me, option 2 would be my request.

 

Thanks.

post #12911 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

 

2.  Or, cordovan pull tabs that are lined with calfskin.

 

Mmmmmm. that is a good luxurious idea! Thanks.

 

I have fabric pull straps on my trickers and after 3 years of heavy use they look pretty lousy (I should get them replaced). I prefer the look of leather pull tabs. Especially if the heel counter grows into one like here:

 

 

 

 

But maybe a different shade of (calf) leather would also look appealing back there on the heel. hmm.

post #12912 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by minthe View Post
 

But maybe a different shade of (calf) leather would also look appealing back there on the heel. hmm.

 

Interesting indeed.

 

May I ask what maker you are going with?

post #12913 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by minthe View Post
 

 

Mmmmmm. that is a good luxurious idea! Thanks.

 

I have fabric pull straps on my trickers and after 3 years of heavy use they look pretty lousy (I should get them replaced). I prefer the look of leather pull tabs. Especially if the heel counter grows into one like here:

 

 

 

 

But maybe a different shade of (calf) leather would also look appealing back there on the heel. hmm.

I've heard that cordovan pull tabs are prone to tearing if you use them too hard. 

post #12914 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

 

May I ask what maker you are going with?

whisper: not any of the ones belonging to this thread ... Julian Boots

post #12915 of 23741
Quote:
Originally Posted by minthe View Post
 

Wow, what a flood of amazing looking shoes here!

 

 

As you are busy writers/readers in this thread and seem so knowledgeable, what is your option about Cordovan pull tabs. A no-no for people who actually use pull tabs? Would you consider using a different leather for the pull tab on your shoe/boot? I really like to look of them and I also find them very practical for high-ish boots.

 

 

Maybe I should also just grow up and sit down to put my boots on and take my time to loosen the laces.... 


I consider any pull tab to be merely dressing or an ornament per say.

 

They look good, but I wouldn't use them.

 

They certainly look worse once they are torn or broken.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread