or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 841

post #12601 of 23737
Um Cardiffs and Piccadillys. FUCK

Ok so now fit question, if I wear the 202 in the Malvern (closed lacing) will a derby fit different or should I get the same size?
post #12602 of 23737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post
 


Yes, I hope we both get ours by Friday. I guess the question now is, for those who have experience, how long do they typically sit in customs???


could be a day...could eb 2 weeks. Its really all in the hands of the customs agent. There is zero rhyme or reason to it

post #12603 of 23737
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Um Cardiffs and Piccadillys. FUCK

Ok so now fit question, if I wear the 202 in the Malvern (closed lacing) will a derby fit different or should I get the same size?

It should be the same, like 99.999999999999% time the same.
post #12604 of 23737
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanagi View Post
 

 

That's a screenshot of my last order from Skoab.


@yanagi, thanks. I don't have much hope of it getting here before Friday then. Looks like 2 days to get it into the USPS system. Oh well (one minute through customs, tho, quite efficient).

 

On another matter

 

@Leaves  I suspect you have a swatch of the main Carmina suedes. Curious about polo, tobacco and snuff as well as anything darker (chocolate e.g.). I'm imagining a ring with the swatches that could be easily photographed with swatches splayed out.

 

Or a longtime customer probably has a pair in each type with appropriate photos!

post #12605 of 23737

Another closer pic. Sorry for the bad light. Also, how utterly sad is the moment you expose those beautifully done EB soles to a public restroom for the first time? 😥
post #12606 of 23737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post
 


wow now i want those too! it is bad enough that i ordered the kudu thorpe! 

 

Me to, amazing shoes :).

post #12607 of 23737
So what service do you guys use or recommend when ordering your shoes from sko to USA. There is fedex for 18$ 2 to 3 business days vs usps 40$ 10 business day estimately. One is cheaper & faster & other is more but slow. Are there any pro or cons etc any help would be appreciated. Thank in advance.
post #12608 of 23737
I've used the inexpensive. I'm patient and don't mjnd waiting for shoes.
post #12609 of 23737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

So what service do you guys use or recommend when ordering your shoes from sko to USA. There is fedex for 18$ 2 to 3 business days vs usps 40$ 10 business day estimately. One is cheaper & faster & other is more but slow. Are there any pro or cons etc any help would be appreciated. Thank in advance.


You might be less likely to get hit with a customs bill with the usps option - fedex always seems to attract a charge (for me)

post #12610 of 23737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post


You might be less likely to get hit with a customs bill with the usps option - fedex always seems to attract a charge (for me)

Do you know how much is the custom estimately? It looks like you pay less through fedex priority to get your shoe 2 to 3 business days vs you pay more with usps to get your shoes in 10 business days. My first order was usps and now planning on second so figured to ask fellow members and there wisdom. Before pulling the trigger.
post #12611 of 23737
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I've used the inexpensive. I'm patient and don't mjnd waiting for shoes.

So you don't get hit by custom charges by FedEx? that would be cheaper rout & faster vs usps
post #12612 of 23737
A customs charge shipping with FedEx is likely and will probably be more than $22.

If something seems too good to be true, e.g. faster shipping time for a lower price, be sure you understand the risks and details. Caveat emptor.
Good luck.
post #12613 of 23737
So so more feedback on my EBs. Tremendously comfortable (not a single blister after 15 hrs on first wear) and absolutely live the last shape. Sleek but not pointy, chiseled but not ostentatious. If you're on the fence about EB, get off it!
post #12614 of 23737
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post

So so more feedback on my EBs. Tremendously comfortable (not a single blister after 15 hrs on first wear) and absolutely live the last shape. Sleek but not pointy, chiseled but not ostentatious. If you're on the fence about EB, get off it!

Exactly what Ive been saying! They are incredible for the price.
post #12615 of 23737
@Leaves any update on the restock of the Carmina string loafers in polo suede?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread