or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 79

post #1171 of 23715
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post


Sorry man :-(

Its better they caught it though for sure. I will try my hardest not to be a jerk and post anything too much

 

 

No worries, post away! I might drop by the store today to see check them out in person. 

post #1172 of 23715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post


Just how warm is this shearling lined boot? Would it be good to -10 degrees Celsius? I may be interested in this GMTO.

 

Depends how long are you going to stay outside at -10, if just walking for 10 minutes or brushing the snow off the car it's warm enough, if you want to stay on a stadium and look for the sport event for example, better take uggs or other fur boots. 

I have a fur lined Santonis that are warm enough to walk 10 min at -20, but not comfortable at -5..0.

I also got the shaft shearling Galways that are warm enough till -5, just like any other not lined boots, useless boots for cold winter.

Now want something to wear in rotation with Santoni and EG at the same time.

post #1173 of 23715
Thread Starter 
We're 6 participants for this GMTO, so it looks like a go. Please e-mail sales@skoaktiebolaget.se if you wish to participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

I’m glad to see this much interest in the fur lined version.

To answer BakedPotatoe's question: I'm 98% certain it's sheep lining but I have not received verification from Carmina yet. It's a natural fiber though, not synthetic.

And yes, the whole vamp and shaft is lined.

It seems like it will be a brown grain version we’re aiming for, the rest of the specs completely the same? Please e-mail sales@skoaktiebolaget.se to put on the "interest list" for this model. No deposit invoices will go out until we have decided the shade of grain.

To summarize this new GMTO project:
  • Carmina model 80179 Derby boot
  • Color: brown grain (exact shade to be decided)
  • Double Commando sole with storm welt
  • Soller last
  • Fur lined
  • Visible eyelets and speed hooks
  • Prize: 3040 SEK ex VAT (approx. $450) - 50% deposit required
  • Shipping: 300 SEK worldwide (approx. $45)
  • Delivery expected : mid-March


Types of grain

Either the lighter "Camel grain" finished to a darker hue, like our Grain Jumpers: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Or the "normal" dark brown grain: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

There is also a rougher grain called "karrengrain" that is available in dark brown: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #1174 of 23715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

We're 6 participants for this GMTO, so it looks like a go. Please e-mail sales@skoaktiebolaget.se if you wish to participate.
[/SPOILER]

Leaves,

what about the soles? Full rubber commando or combination rubber/leather commando. I would prefer a full rubber commando soles.
post #1175 of 23715
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolina View Post

Depends how long are you going to stay outside at -10, if just walking for 10 minutes or brushing the snow off the car it's warm enough, if you want to stay on a stadium and look for the sport event for example, better take uggs or other fur boots. 
I have a fur lined Santonis that are warm enough to walk 10 min at -20, but not comfortable at -5..0.
I also got the shaft shearling Galways that are warm enough till -5, just like any other not lined boots, useless boots for cold winter.
Now want something to wear in rotation with Santoni and EG at the same time.

I can tell we do not have many skiers here. Shearling around foot or ankles will keep those areas warmer leather but you real problems are feet. You feet are on the ground and any insulation there is difficult to achieve. I can feel the difference between single leather sole and dainte soles, dainite will be considerable warmer. However the product you really need is Grabber Foot Warmer, it is for single usage and it may seem expensive but it really works better than anything.

http://www.buckmans.com/store/grabber-foot-warmer-oscaritem_1071.aspx
post #1176 of 23715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

We're 6 participants for this GMTO, so it looks like a go. Please e-mail sales@skoaktiebolaget.se if you wish to participate.
[/SPOILER]

 

Already did, and already thought there are not enough participants. Glad to know we have 6!

Waiting for the invoice.

post #1177 of 23715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Thanks for all the positive vibes and nice feedback! The guys who deserve the most credit are actually Coxaca (who organized this GMTO) and Gabriel OB (our store manager who packed and shipped a truck load of Cognac Cordovan Jumpers and Grain Jumpers, these arrived at the same time so he was busy as a bee for a couple of days).

Thanks Patrik, you're too kind...actually, for me the whole project was just driven by the fact that I coveted these boots!

 

Been crazy busy the last couple of weeks - took me a whole week to find the time to pay the second instalment. So I'm still waiting on my Cognac jumpers...they're in transit somewhere in snailspace.

 

Hanoiboy's photo is encouraging - looks like the "dark Cognac" spec we slaved over so long and hard has paid off handsomely.

 

Anyway, here's hoping my boots arrive in time for Xmas, but if they don't, I'm not going to cry in my soup, as I recently took delivery of Skoaktie's Carmina brown suede tanker boots on the Soller last, which are so incredible I feel like weeping. And the fit? Well, what can I say - they fit like sex.

 

post #1178 of 23715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

 I'm not going to cry in my soup, as I recently took delivery of Skoaktie's Carmina brown suede tanker boots on the Soller last, which are so incredible I feel like weeping. And the fit? Well, what can I say - they fit like sex.

 

 

 

I'll take three pairs. :)  Seriously, those look terrific - congrats!

post #1179 of 23715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Thanks Patrik, you're too kind...actually, for me the whole project was just driven by the fact that I coveted these boots!

Been crazy busy the last couple of weeks - took me a whole week to find the time to pay the second instalment. So I'm still waiting on my Cognac jumpers...they're in transit somewhere in snailspace.

Hanoiboy's photo is encouraging - looks like the "dark Cognac" spec we slaved over so long and hard has paid off handsomely.

Anyway, here's hoping my boots arrive in time for Xmas, but if they don't, I'm not going to cry in my soup, as I recently took delivery of Skoaktie's Carmina brown suede tanker boots on the Soller last, which are so incredible I feel like weeping. And the fit? Well, what can I say - they fit like sex.



As great as those boots look - and they look fantastic - I know they have nothing to do with, and can't compare to, sex. For Christmas I wish for you not only the boots you have coming, but a lot of sex so that you can know the difference.
post #1180 of 23715

How long after a purchase is made from Skoatiebolaget (shipping to US) does a tracking number appear? Will I receive tracking to track the package within Europe and another once the package hits stateside? I made the purchase yesterday morning. Crossing my fingers it arrives before the end of next week :bigstar:

 

Thanks all.

post #1181 of 23715
It takes about a week on average, door to door. Tracking should show up within 24hrs - usually sooner. Once the package hits the States, you can track it on the USPS web site.
post #1182 of 23715
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

It takes about a week on average, door to door. Tracking should show up within 24hrs - usually sooner. Once the package hits the States, you can track it on the USPS web site.

Correct, you should be able to track the parcel within 24-36 hrs through www.usps.com. Shipping takes about 5-8 days to the US east coast.
post #1183 of 23715
I also wouldn't be the least bit shocked if the seasonal spike in volume lengthens the postal delivery average a bit.
post #1184 of 23715
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I also wouldn't be the least bit shocked if the seasonal spike in volume lengthens the postal delivery average a bit.

You're probably right!
post #1185 of 23715
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Leaves,

what about the soles? Full rubber commando or combination rubber/leather commando. I would prefer a full rubber commando soles.

The only version Carmina use is the rubber/leather ones.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread