or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 751

post #11251 of 23720
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

@europrep
 

Is this the Carmina Jumper boot?

No, it's the Carmina Tärnsjö Jumper (fur lined).
post #11252 of 23720
@Leaves @stevent @greasymonkey any word on the kudu leather characteristics? Love the look, but unsure on the feel and care.
post #11253 of 23720

So does anyone know the difference between the normal Dainite vs the double Dainite? Is the actual rubber thicker or is a there a thicker leather sole under the Dainite? 

 

Does anyone have pictures to show the difference?

 

This would be helpful to know more about the impending Kudu Thorpe!

post #11254 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post
 

@europrep 

 

Is this the Carmina Jumper boot?

 

what leaves said: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/carmina/products/carmina-tarnsjo-jumper

 

Surprisingly, my feet do not overheat indoors. They are very comfortable.  Highly recommend. 

post #11255 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

what leaves said: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/carmina/products/carmina-tarnsjo-jumper

Surprisingly, my feet do not overheat indoors. They are very comfortable.  Highly recommend. 

That's not surprising at all. Wool is really good at regulating temperatures.
post #11256 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

We have 6 E. This GMTO a go. It seems a lot of people want speed, I personally prefer blind eyelets and I think NAMOR does too but it's not a sticking point. FYI, I heard someone say their speedhooks fell off their thorpes before. As far as lining is concerned, a couple people want green lining and everyone else is silent so I'm going to leave it open. I'm going to hand this over to @Skoaktiebolaget and let them take care of the rest. Thanks guys.


10800 sek ex VAT (1250 USD)

Kudu Thorpe GMTO Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Material


Model


Tan Kudu
Thorpe
MH71
Storm welt
Double Dainite
All eyelets or Speed hooks - Open
Lining - Open

Interested Parties - Widths

@ironist - F - blind - Let GG pick Lining
@sacafotos - F -green
@Pbayvip - E- speed
@Namor - E - blind - green
@darkoak - E - speed
@ehult - E
@grc1 - E - green
@ikaika122 - E - speed - red or green
@aldenwear - F- red

So does anyone know the difference between the normal Dainite vs the double Dainite? Is the actual rubber thicker or is a there a thicker leather sole under the Dainite? 

 

Does anyone have pictures to show the difference?

 

Also are we doing blind eyelets for the bottom and then speed hooks at the shaft part of the boot?

 

This would be helpful to know more about the impending Kudu Thorpe!

post #11257 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post

So does anyone know the difference between the normal Dainite vs the double Dainite? Is the actual rubber thicker or is a there a thicker leather sole under the Dainite? 

Does anyone have pictures to show the difference?

Also are we doing blind eyelets for the bottom and then speed hooks at the shaft part of the boot?

This would be helpful to know more about the impending Kudu Thorpe!


Old photos of double vs single for EG. Not sure how G&G does it. Double is a bit too stiff for my liking though on a boot. On a shoe it feels fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

@Leaves @stevent @greasymonkey any word on the kudu leather characteristics? Love the look, but unsure on the feel and care.

What were you concerned about? I haven't gotten around to wearing them yet as all way too many shoes recently

Feel wise texture is stiff but leather feels soft / flexible.
post #11258 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

What were you concerned about? I haven't gotten around to wearing them yet as all way too many shoes recently

Feel wise texture is stiff but leather feels soft / flexible.

Thanks for humoring me.

I just wanted to see how it feels, i am not sure if the kudu leather is on the stiff side (like hatch grain) or soft side (like highland grain). Also did not know if regular cream and polish could be used, or if a different care regimen was needed. Thanks for the help... smile.gif
post #11259 of 23720
A quick question re fitting of Carmina's Robert last vs. the Simpson last.

The simpson 9.5 UK fits my narrow feet well. But I want to pull the trigger on these split toe derbies on the Robert last:

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/carmina/products/carmina-tanned-derby

I have read some contradictory comments on the Robert last - some say it is a normal width, other claim it is slightly narrow. Any clarification would be appreciated.

AHS
post #11260 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Thanks for humoring me.

I just wanted to see how it feels, i am not sure if the kudu leather is on the stiff side (like hatch grain) or soft side (like highland grain). Also did not know if regular cream and polish could be used, or if a different care regimen was needed. Thanks for the help... smile.gif

Ah don't have hatch nor highland unfortunately. It doesn't feel stiff for me nor do I think it will need much break in if that helps. I think leather would take normal polish / wax fine
post #11261 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHS View Post

A quick question re fitting of Carmina's Robert last vs. the Simpson last.

The simpson 9.5 UK fits my narrow feet well. But I want to pull the trigger on these split toe derbies on the Robert last:

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/carmina/products/carmina-tanned-derby

I have read some contradictory comments on the Robert last - some say it is a normal width, other claim it is slightly narrow. Any clarification would be appreciated.

AHS

 

I had a pair of Robert lasted oxfords for a few hours (returned them for personal reasons), but I found the Robert last to fit similar to Simpson in width.  The biggest difference was the Robert last has significantly more arch support.  I feel I can't call it a higher instep, because I only felt the different under the arch of my foot (I've got high arches so I actually liked this aspect of the Robert last).  If I had flat feet, I would not find this to be very comfortable. 

 

The Robert lasted oxford I had was a half size smaller than the simpson lasted oxford I own.

post #11262 of 23720

Meanwhile, in a southern European city, a suspiciously reddish box has reached its destination:

 

 

Is somebody shipping bricks with FedEx?

 

Once opened, it looks better:

 

 

It's a box of goodies from Sweden!

 

 

And the star of the show:

 

 

 

 


Edited by Pbayvip - 3/30/15 at 1:49pm
post #11263 of 23720

son of a bitch, HOT.

 

Mine were still in a secondary stop with Sweden Post in a Malmo sorting station near a mickey D's and Tiger of Sweden LOL. CanPost could only wish for such detailed tracking services. Maybe end of week for us Canucks.

post #11264 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawl Lapel View Post

Rain and Alcudia work with my instep where Simpson does not.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post


Between these 2, Rain would have the higher instep.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowzer View Post
 

Have a look at the Rain. It's supposed to suit high insteps better (but also a tad more generous). However I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from Skoak so am only speaking from my research here. Am sure someone else would be able to assist more. Perhaps a bit of detail on what you are after or currently wearing?

Thank you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaktiebolaget View Post
 

Yes, Rain has a high instep. Forest is more of a normal instep. Other alternatives are Detroit (overall generous fit) and Soller as well as Inca. Please e-mail is for specific fitting advice.

Alright, i will probably swing by the store later this week.

Do you have any idea about when the next delivery of the EB MTO-shoes will arrive?

post #11265 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post



Old photos of double vs single for EG. Not sure how G&G does it. Double is a bit too stiff for my liking though on a boot. On a shoe it feels fine
What were you concerned about? I haven't gotten around to wearing them yet as all way too many shoes recently

Feel wise texture is stiff but leather feels soft / flexible.

Thanks and that helps a lot. So it is thicker leather and then the dainite applied. I can see what you mean by how stiff it would be but I can see it working well with the kudu leather and storm welt.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread