or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 724

post #10846 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavro23 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYawker View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks D.  The falkirks were in the odd stock section last week.  Last pair in 9UK.  Thanks again to Buda for the psa.  Will post some pics tomorrow but really love the brogueing on that model.  

 



You got these!?!?!? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

I had been eyeballing them for weeks and tried buying them as soon as I saw them in the odd stock section, except when I tried to add them to my cart, they were already gone!

 

Sorry B!  I know that feeling all too well.  You well get lucky following these threads eventually.  The shoes are amazing, I would have eventually purchased at full price or mto'd it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 


I had a feeling they were as I vaguely remember your post, but that's why I figured I would ask just to make sure they were from odd stock. Great way to get a marvelous pair of shoes. Look forward to seeing your pictures of their maiden voyage, Congrats!!!

:cheers: I was very pleased to be able to acquire this model especially at that price.

post #10847 of 23683

:bigstar:

post #10848 of 23683
Can someone explain the difference between an adelaide and a reverse adelaide? Skoak has both incoming according to the website.
post #10849 of 23683

Skaok/ other SF members: I'm looking to pick up the beautiful Carmina jodhpurs, and looking for sizing advice. I'm a wide 9.5-10 US - 9 inca fit quite well - should go with 9 in Forest, or with 9.5 for extra room?

post #10850 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawl Lapel View Post

Can someone explain the difference between an adelaide and a reverse adelaide? Skoak has both incoming according to the website.

 

Cosign.

post #10851 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawl Lapel View Post

Can someone explain the difference between an adelaide and a reverse adelaide? Skoak has both incoming according to the website.

An Adelaide has the throat inset, whereas the reverse Adelaide has the throat sewn on the top. A very subtle difference.

 

Adelaides usually have a cap toe, but previous reverse Adelaides have been plain toe.

 

Leaves, would I be right in assuming this will be the case again?

post #10852 of 23683
Leaves, can you please add a size 12 or two to the mahogany cc order? Thanks bud! smile.gif
post #10853 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger la Rock View Post

An Adelaide has the throat inset, whereas the reverse Adelaide has the throat sewn on the top. A very subtle difference.

Adelaides usually have a cap toe, but previous reverse Adelaides have been plain toe.

Leaves, would I be right in assuming this will be the case again?

Thanks Roger, I figured it was something with the throat. So even though this has a plain toe, the inset throat makes it a reverse, right?

post #10854 of 23683
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricant View Post

Skaok/ other SF members: I'm looking to pick up the beautiful Carmina jodhpurs, and looking for sizing advice. I'm a wide 9.5-10 US - 9 inca fit quite well - should go with 9 in Forest, or with 9.5 for extra room?

Please email sales@skoaktiebolaget.se for fit advise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger la Rock View Post

An Adelaide has the throat inset, whereas the reverse Adelaide has the throat sewn on the top. A very subtle difference.

Adelaides usually have a cap toe, but previous reverse Adelaides have been plain toe.

Leaves, would I be right in assuming this will be the case again?

Correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawl Lapel View Post

Thanks Roger, I figured it was something with the throat. So even though this has a plain toe, the inset throat makes it a reverse, right?

Yep!
post #10855 of 23683

It's only been a bit over a month since my MTO Galway order was placed but impatience is getting the better of me and I just wish they were here already.

post #10856 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

It's only been a bit over a month since my MTO Galway order was placed but impatience is getting the better of me and I just wish they were here already.
I'm right there with ya.
post #10857 of 23683
I'm doing better than normal. I have mostly put them out of my mind as I feel like the rush of MTO's is going to create to a bit of a logistical bottle neck. Tomorrow I might feel differently though wink.gif
post #10858 of 23683

Unfortunately, I feel the same every day, impatient...

post #10859 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

It's only been a bit over a month since my MTO Galway order was placed but impatience is getting the better of me and I just wish they were here already.


I just ordered more EGs to try and stem the impatience.  It hasn't worked.

post #10860 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post

Has SKOAKTIEBOLAGET ever carried the Chelsea suede in chocolate that BB carries and if so will they ever carry it again, @Leaves

EDIT: it's an EG that is referring to above....

My apologies if this was rather rude for a 1st post in a thread. This seems to be a wonderful service and I was just excited about a potential buy, hope I didn't cause any offense...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread