or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 706

post #10576 of 23725
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2000r View Post

Unfortunately not going to be restock according to @GabrielOB, anyone wants GMTO?

Maybe. I do love that style, but how do you feel about:

A) Etrusco calf, a reddish brown tone that is extremely versatile, perhaps moreso than the (still beautiful) Aubergine color. Tan goat lining if Etrusco, green if Aubergine.

B) Seeing if EB will do the buckle over the ankle. Gabriel previously mentioned this would incur a 30% fee due to the pattern change, so maybe we can bring that down a bit with more people? I think it looks a tad sexier to see the buckle just under the trouser hem, though it's also more casual. Carmina has this style. I am ok with the pictured version, though.
post #10577 of 23725

Dear gentlemen, just a reminder that this GMTO is ongoing.

Having reached 7 orders we are thinking about closing it early. Final deadline is March 11th (6:00 pm, Swedish time).

If there is someone else interested, he is more than welcome to jump onboard.

All the best.

post #10578 of 23725

I got a job offer at the end of last month, so I kopped a pair of Edward Green Ivernesses (thankfully before the price increase). All I can say is wow.

 

post #10579 of 23725
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanagi View Post
 

I got a job offer at the end of last month, so I kopped a pair of Edward Green Ivernesses (thankfully before the price increase). All I can say is wow.

 


Great choice. Congrats!!!

 

 

Be advised, this can become highly addictive. LOL

post #10580 of 23725
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanagi View Post
 

I got a job offer at the end of last month, so I kopped a pair of Edward Green Ivernesses (thankfully before the price increase). All I can say is wow.

 

 

Burgundy Inverness - always work with any trousers/jeans. Congrats

post #10581 of 23725
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02///M3 View Post

For those of you who mentioned preferring a split-toe on a rounded last like queens or forest, as opposed to the rain last, any interest in a model 803 or 757 GMTO in some form of grain? The below pic is caramel grain 757 on the forest last according to Betty and it looks pretty sharp. Could be a nice all weather shoe with some sort of thin rubber sole (york, tomir, single dainite). Think one other person is interested at the moment.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster145 View Post
 

***I am interested! :cool:

 

I am also interested in this shoe.

post #10582 of 23725

Never got hit with duties when ordering from Skoat until now.  Postman came with a $170CAD bill for the fox suede chelseas... ouch!!!! Definitely took some excitement out of getting the boots... especially after waiting 2 weeks for them =(

post #10583 of 23725
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Maybe. I do love that style, but how do you feel about:

A) Etrusco calf, a reddish brown tone that is extremely versatile, perhaps moreso than the (still beautiful) Aubergine color. Tan goat lining if Etrusco, green if Aubergine.

B) Seeing if EB will do the buckle over the ankle. Gabriel previously mentioned this would incur a 30% fee due to the pattern change, so maybe we can bring that down a bit with more people? I think it looks a tad sexier to see the buckle just under the trouser hem, though it's also more casual. Carmina has this style. I am ok with the pictured version, though.
I have a etrusco wholecut so am not enthusiastic about A but want B!
post #10584 of 23725
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdanniedee View Post
 

Never got hit with duties when ordering from Skoat until now.  Postman came with a $170CAD bill for the fox suede chelseas... ouch!!!! Definitely took some excitement out of getting the boots... especially after waiting 2 weeks for them =(

Ouch! Did you go with FedEx or your local postal service?

post #10585 of 23725

Local postal service. The 4 times before that i ordered from Skoat were fine. They just delivered and that was it. Knew something was up when customs held the package for 4 days

post #10586 of 23725
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdanniedee View Post
 

Local postal service. The 4 times before that i ordered from Skoat were fine. They just delivered and that was it. Knew something was up when customs held the package for 4 days

ouch, and I've been hearing that it's usually never caught with canpost. Was contemplating an order too...

chalk it up to law of averages I guess, or otherwise about what you would have paid at Leatherfoot if they carried the same.

post #10587 of 23725

Canadian here as well, has Skoaktiebolaget changed their courier?

post #10588 of 23725
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksLauren77 View Post

Canadian here as well, has Skoaktiebolaget changed their courier?

As far as I know they didn't. Might have to ship my EG Galway to US now. Canada Post loves me and I can see their happy faces once they see $1000+ EG lol
post #10589 of 23725

So they still ship with the Swedish government's post? It doesn't eliminate the risk of duties but does reduce if I read right.

post #10590 of 23725
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksLauren77 View Post

So they still ship with the Swedish government's post? It doesn't eliminate the risk of duties but does reduce if I read right.

correct
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread