or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HS 339053 Crispaire -- Does anyone have it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HS 339053 Crispaire -- Does anyone have it?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
This is the navy solid in the current Crispaire book. Does anyone have it? How cool does it run? Would you say it is the same weave as the Crispaire in the previous Crispaire book? That one was a little confusing as, IIRC, it also had some "true" frescos that were actually made by Minnis mixed in with the Crispaire.
post #2 of 7
I have it, don't know anything about the previous Crispaire. I may be the wrong person to answer a "how cool does it wear" questions as in the summer (+80 degrees), I'm hot no matter what. If I am wearing a suit, I am wearing a shirt. Regardless of how open weave the suit and shirt are, you are still going to be very hot. In shorts and a tee I am hot in 80+ weather. So Crispaire/Fresco etc is obviously cooler than flanner or garbadine but I've yet to encounter a "cool" wearing fabric for the true summer.
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

I have it, don't know anything about the previous Crispaire. I may be the wrong person to answer a "how cool does it wear" questions as in the summer (+80 degrees), I'm hot no matter what. If I am wearing a suit, I am wearing a shirt. Regardless of how open weave the suit and shirt are, you are still going to be very hot. In shorts and a tee I am hot in 80+ weather. So Crispaire/Fresco etc is obviously cooler than flanner or garbadine but I've yet to encounter a "cool" wearing fabric for the true summer.

So you have shorts done up in Crispaire? confused.gif

Seriously, though, what do you think of the color? It can be hard to judge from the little swatch. More than once I've seen something that looks nice in the book and then when you see it made up . . . facepalm.gif
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder View Post

So you have shorts done up in Crispaire? confused.gif

Seriously, though, what do you think of the color? It can be hard to judge from the little swatch. More than once I've seen something that looks nice in the book and then when you see it made up . . . facepalm.gif

I prefer the slightly lighter navy shade, don't have the number handy.
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

I prefer the slightly lighter navy shade, don't have the number handy.

Now I'm confused for real. As far as I can tell, there are only two solid blue fabrics in the current book (HS1033). The number just before (339052) is a midnight blue.

You prompted me to go check the H&S site. Curiously, they do not show such a thing as 339054. But they do show a 339053 and a 339055, which is entrancingly described as "biscuit."

Do you find your suit comfortable to wear? How is the hand? Do you still have hair on your legs?
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder View Post

Now I'm confused for real. As far as I can tell, there are only two solid blue fabrics in the current book (HS1033). The number just before (339052) is a midnight blue.

You prompted me to go check the H&S site. Curiously, they do not show such a thing as 339054. But they do show a 339053 and a 339055, which is entrancingly described as "biscuit."

Do you find your suit comfortable to wear? How is the hand? Do you still have hair on your legs?

Hmm, I'm not seeing what you are seeing. There is a new 9.5/10oz Crispaire book for this season. The navy crispaire is 332040, there is a lighter one, I'l post pics later.

The hand on the fabric is dry but not as much as the minnis stuff. I have hair from chin to toes.
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Hmm, I'm not seeing what you are seeing. There is a new 9.5/10oz Crispaire book for this season. The navy crispaire is 332040, there is a lighter one, I'l post pics later.

Ed, I'm afraid what you are missing is that I am an idiot. Seriously. I have papers and everything. I did not realize that there was a new book this season. I was looking at the old book, HS1033.

Please do post pics. You might have just saved me from making a mistake.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HS 339053 Crispaire -- Does anyone have it?