or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread - Page 8

post #106 of 272
Thread Starter 
I know Ejirardo works with someone at Mario's in Seattle. I work with someone at Wilkes in Palo Alto.

I bought mine during trunk show. I usually fit a 10D but a 10W was too wide. Usually I have to have my Bontonis that are RTW stretched a bit so Franco adjusted that so when they came in it was a perfect fit.

My best advice is to go to a trunk show. Meet him, get properly fit and then get in trouble after that
post #107 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I know Ejirardo works with someone at Mario's in Seattle. I work with someone at Wilkes in Palo Alto.

I bought mine during trunk show. I usually fit a 10D but a 10W was too wide. Usually I have to have my Bontonis that are RTW stretched a bit so Franco adjusted that so when they came in it was a perfect fit.

My best advice is to go to a trunk show. Meet him, get properly fit and then get in trouble after that

I agree best thing is to attend a trunk show if possible. The store that is hosting the show will usually have some RTW pairs available so you can try on a pair in your normal size and then work with one of the owners that is at the show to figure out where you need an adjustment. Once they know the adjustments to be made future orders are easy.
post #108 of 272
Bergdorf started selling some models online. Good thing none are in my size smile.gif

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/search.jsp?N=0&Ntt=bontoni&_requestid=49097
post #109 of 272
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejirardo View Post

Bergdorf started selling some models online. Good thing none are in my size smile.gif

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/search.jsp?N=0&Ntt=bontoni&_requestid=49097

i saw that, every now and then Ill google Bontoni. I wonder if itll do well with them. If they go on sale itll be a feeding frenzy!
post #110 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

i saw that, every now and then Ill google Bontoni. I wonder if itll do well with them. If they go on sale itll be a feeding frenzy!

Good question, I do know that Bergdorf apparently has the most MTO orders during a show than any other store I believe in America and possibly the world. For example, Marios Seattle store averaged 10-15 MTO orders during a show while Bergdorf had 75 or more!
post #111 of 272
Jusat a fit question re Bontoni sizing using US sizing and then the EUR sized ones. I have shoes in 44 EUR and 11US

44 for me in one pair is perfetto. Ditto 11US but is a US10.5 in Bontoni a size 44 equivalent or 43.5?

Anyone can advise me?
post #112 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Jusat a fit question re Bontoni sizing using US sizing and then the EUR sized ones. I have shoes in 44 EUR and 11US

44 for me in one pair is perfetto. Ditto 11US but is a US10.5 in Bontoni a size 44 equivalent or 43.5?

Anyone can advise me?

 

   my experience is that 10.5 = Bontoni 43.5. that has held true for the Principe loafer and Conero lace up.

   the loafer fits more snug than the lacer

post #113 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Jusat a fit question re Bontoni sizing using US sizing and then the EUR sized ones. I have shoes in 44 EUR and 11US

44 for me in one pair is perfetto. Ditto 11US but is a US10.5 in Bontoni a size 44 equivalent or 43.5?

Anyone can advise me?

I need a roomy US 10.5 in the toe area but not in width. I went with the 11 for Bontoni. They are some of the most comfortable shoes I own. I also take a uk size 10/US 10.5 in a C&J or a size 10uk in most Lobbs.
post #114 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

I need a roomy US 10.5 in the toe area but not in width. I went with the 11 for Bontoni. They are some of the most comfortable shoes I own. I also take a uk size 10/US 10.5 in a C&J or a size 10uk in most Lobbs.

That answers it. Thanks.
post #115 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Jusat a fit question re Bontoni sizing using US sizing and then the EUR sized ones. I have shoes in 44 EUR and 11US

44 for me in one pair is perfetto. Ditto 11US but is a US10.5 in Bontoni a size 44 equivalent or 43.5?

Anyone can advise me?

I am US 9.5D in most makers I have tried, 9.0E in G&G. I'm a 43.5 / 9.5 with Bontoni and agree the loafers fit a touch more snug.
post #116 of 272
post #117 of 272

         ok Bontoni crew . . . . here's my attempt to fine tune my shoe idea

 

 

i'm thinking of the sand tan suede as in the swtach laid across the toe with the throat & trim in a slightly darker tan pebble grain

                                       what do you think ?   out loud please

post #118 of 272
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

         ok Bontoni crew . . . . here's my attempt to fine tune my shoe idea




i'm thinking of the sand tan suede as in the swtach laid across the toe with the throat & trim in a slightly darker tan pebble grain
                                       what do you think ?   out loud please

I like it except going darker near the throat. I think it might be too much contrast. I think doing it with sand and the current color would be fantastic.
post #119 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post


I like it except going darker near the throat. I think it might be too much contrast. I think doing it with sand and the current color would be fantastic.

 

   you're throwing me a curve ball j. are you saying use the swatch color with the dark brown for the 'throat'  ?

post #120 of 272
Thread Starter 
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

   you're throwing me a curve ball j. are you saying use the swatch color with the dark brown for the 'throat'  ?
I might be confused. Are you saying keeping everything the same and just using a lighter color suede on the shoe and where the leather is to use a darker leather?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread