or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 66

post #976 of 1814
Cheap Tiverton at Barney's Warehouse; size 11US left:


http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/shop?q=john+lobb
post #977 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnywunny1 View Post

Here are my John Lobb Camberleys in museum calf. I absolutely love them, definately the most comfortable shoes I own.

IMG_2335_zpscz0hkrtt.jpg

Could you please upload another photo of these shoes if they have a bit more wear to them? I'd like to see how the creasing affects the medallion. Also is that Parisian brown museum? I'v been contemplating the Camberely in dark brown museum. Beautiful beautiful shoes!

post #978 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Cheap Tiverton at Barney's Warehouse; size 11US left:


http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/shop?q=john+lobb

+1. Now an additional 20% off all shoes so the Tiverton is only $559.
post #979 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by OREO View Post
 

Could you please upload another photo of these shoes if they have a bit more wear to them? I'd like to see how the creasing affects the medallion. Also is that Parisian brown museum? I'v been contemplating the Camberely in dark brown museum. Beautiful beautiful shoes!


Very cool

post #980 of 1814

I need your assistance .. I have ordered several bespoke suits, my measures are taken, most of them will be double breasted, as I like that style very much, in colour like - gray, charcoal and blue.

I need your opinion what Lobbs would go best with DB suit?

I thought of Chapel, but do you think double breast + double buckle would look aggressive and kinda odd?

I have several other shoes I like, please tell me what you think:

Rothley - will the brogue detail mess the formal look of the suit?

Philipp II - will the brogue detail mess the formal look of the suit?  

City II

post #981 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

I need your assistance .. I have ordered several bespoke suits, my measures are taken, most of them will be double breasted, as I like that style very much, in colour like - gray, charcoal and blue.


I need your opinion what Lobbs would go best with DB suit?


I thought of Chapel, but do you think double breast + double buckle would look aggressive and kinda odd?


I have several other shoes I like, please tell me what you think:


Rothley - will the brogue detail mess the formal look of the suit?


Philipp II - will the brogue detail mess the formal look of the suit?  


City II

I don't think the Chapel would look aggressive or odd; however, of the four you list, the Chapel would be the least formal IMO. The other three are reasonably close in formality, all very appropriate with a DB suit.
post #982 of 1814

Thanks sevenfoldtieguy,

I was thinking pretty much the same as you .. I really do care about the opinion of the SF community, so I was wondering if anyone is willing to actually suggest me what JL shoe will go best with DB suit?

I like only British shoes, already have several JL and C&J shoes, mainly their loafers which are great, but I am having a trouble deciding between their Oxford shoes.

So I would consider Edward Green as well as Crockett Jones to pair with DB suits. I found these EG on ebay, do you think this type of a shoe would go best with the DB?

I know this is a JL thread, hope anyone won't mind trowing this photo just as a comparison ..


Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #983 of 1814
So your db are in rather conservative colours, City, Phillip, Williams IIs will be fine. What you wearing the outfit for?
post #984 of 1814

Mainly for business meetings, with conservative people.

I was worried at the first if William II is a more of a casual shoe. When I see JL commercial showing of WIlliam II double monk, it's always shown paired with a casual slacks, jeans, some trench coat and a shirt or a sweater. I just didn't think that shoe has the potential to match the powerful and formal look of a DB suit.

That's why I thought of Chapel might step in being that it looks more elegant than William. However Chapel also has those buckles that might bring unnecessary attention to the shoes and look out of the place - that's my thought, and that's why I started this "help call" to see how my opinion is seen compared to others, senior members..

Basically I would not like to find my self in a situation where I have a conservative DB suit in conservative color, only to mess it up with some buckle shoes and leave opinion like I forgot to change my shoes from a casual day before ..

post #985 of 1814
So just Black city II or Phillip II
post #986 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

Thanks sevenfoldtieguy,

I was thinking pretty much the same as you .. I really do care about the opinion of the SF community, so I was wondering if anyone is willing to actually suggest me what JL shoe will go best with DB suit?

I like only British shoes, already have several JL and C&J shoes, mainly their loafers which are great, but I am having a trouble deciding between their Oxford shoes.

So I would consider Edward Green as well as Crockett Jones to pair with DB suits. I found these EG on ebay, do you think this type of a shoe would go best with the DB?

I know this is a JL thread, hope anyone won't mind trowing this photo just as a comparison ..


Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

Very very elegant...

post #987 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Thanks sevenfoldtieguy,


I was thinking pretty much the same as you .. I really do care about the opinion of the SF community, so I was wondering if anyone is willing to actually suggest me what JL shoe will go best with DB suit?


I like only British shoes, already have several JL and C&J shoes, mainly their loafers which are great, but I am having a trouble deciding between their Oxford shoes.


So I would consider Edward Green as well as Crockett Jones to pair with DB suits. I found these EG on ebay, do you think this type of a shoe would go best with the DB?


I know this is a JL thread, hope anyone won't mind trowing this photo just as a comparison ..


Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

You are quite welcome. The EG oxford you have shown (appears to be the Chelsea) happens to be a pair I own. smile.gif Of course those will work. nod[1].gif

As for a JL captoe model along those lines, you can't go wrong with either the City II or Phillip II:

http://www.johnlobb.com/us/models/oxford
post #988 of 1814

Exactly, those EG are Chelsea model.

I am thinking of buying them over City II, they have much "stronger" appearance to me.

post #989 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Exactly, those EG are Chelsea model.


I am thinking of buying them over City II, they have much "stronger" appearance to me.

Ok, your problem solved! And plenty of comparison photos on the black cap toe thread, link in my signature.
post #990 of 1814

Whoa, thanks wurger. 

If I knew about those two threads in your signature, I wouldn't even start this question here. Sorry if I pushed away from it's track this thread for a couple of posts.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread