or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 60

post #886 of 1759
How significant are the irregularities for their seconds? I hear places like C&J can be pretty noticeable.
post #887 of 1759

It really depends,

sometime it is a highly visible machine mark, sometimes it is a bad stitch ..

post #888 of 1759
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

How significant are the irregularities for their seconds? I hear places like C&J can be pretty noticeable.

I've got a pair of boots, not sure if it was a second, but I got 10% off as there was a small mark on the toe cap, to be honest I hadnt even notticed it.

post #889 of 1759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

Thank You goodlensboy, I always enjoy watching your "tutorial" of shoe care, one of the reason I was confident buying the JL shoes. The leather patina is really hard to catch on the camera, so I can honestly say that color on the photo doesn't look quite the same as in real life, it feels a bit "lifeless" in this photo .. it is really hard making the decision when buying the JL based solely on the web photos.

Thank you too Cerutti, I really like your Bespoke Naples suit thread, and I am preparing for my first double breasted bespoke suit at Mr. Pirozzi in Naples.

But the picture makes it just as well. Do not worry. To me it lacks a moccasin like yours. But for now I already have a bespoke program.

 

Thanks for the compliments on my dress Pirozzi. You'll see that with his double-breasted you feel like a king. And when you walk down the street you can see them all. I say this because just today I noticed this on the streets of Milan.

post #890 of 1759

Did you get the discount in the Official JL Boutique or their Factory Shop in Northampton, UK?

I didnt know JL sells defected shoes in their boutique if that is the case, they should have been returned to the factory shop and sold as Rejects. And the Factory shop doesn't approve any more discount on top of their Rejected prices ..

post #891 of 1759

To whom it may concern ..

I know how hard it was for me to find the difference between the Parisian Brown Museum and Black Misty when lurking the web, so here it is side-by-side, for any future JL buyers.. I think photo shows similar feeling I have when looking them with my naked eye on a day light ..

I am targeting my next loafers - Truro Tassel in Dark Brown Misty, think it would be a nice addition for Spring/ Summer casual city walks ..

post #892 of 1759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

To whom it may concern ..

I know how hard it was for me to find the difference between the Parisian Brown Museum and Black Misty when lurking the web, so here it is side-by-side, for any future JL buyers.. I think photo shows similar feeling I have when looking them with my naked eye on a day light ..

I am targeting my next loafers - Truro Tassel in Dark Brown Misty, think it would be a nice addition for Spring/ Summer casual city walks ..

These photos are much more beautiful ... congratulations.

post #893 of 1759

random drunk picture post of seamless heal :)

post #894 of 1759
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasnordin View Post

random drunk picture post of seamless heal smile.gif


Great pic - you must have been doubled Up drunk to take it!smile.gif
post #895 of 1759
Last night

AppleMark
post #896 of 1759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Last night

AppleMark


Very Nice...I really like the design tip

post #897 of 1759
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasnordin View Post

random drunk picture post of seamless heal smile.gif


Very nice!
post #898 of 1759
Does JL use shell cordovan in the make-up of their shoes? I've never seen a Lobb in shell, and was wondering if anyone has? Their WilliamII boots would look great in a navy shell.
post #899 of 1759
They just get more and more comfortable!!

My boots, bought in 2012 from St.James
post #900 of 1759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

They just get more and more comfortable!!

My boots, bought in 2012 from St.James

I really like the buckle .... and I must say that as a model I do not mind.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread