Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 2/10/16 at 3:59am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Today at 7:39 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Can I get the toe of my leather shoes repaired? Can I put in metal...Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 6
Styleforum Top Pickspost #77 of 35103/9/13 at 10:59ampost #78 of 35103/9/13 at 11:12ampost #79 of 35103/9/13 at 11:45am
In my experience with Lobbs their EE isn't really that wide. Go with one of their fuller fitting lasts and get the wider size. Don't let anyone tell you they will stretch, they don't. If one doesn't feel right at first, skip it and try another last or size. Good luck.post #80 of 35103/9/13 at 3:26pmThanks all for the compliments!
Also, I'd have to agree with PSG regarding the wide fitting. My Tudor Boots are 9EE and they are a good fit. I wouldn't say they look or feel wide at all, IMO. But that is my only pair of shoes in the 7000B so perhaps the normal width on that last is narrow.post #81 of 35103/11/13 at 6:10pmpost #82 of 35103/11/13 at 6:15pmThread Starterpost #83 of 35103/15/13 at 10:47pmpost #84 of 35103/16/13 at 12:49ampost #85 of 35103/16/13 at 1:59ampost #86 of 35103/16/13 at 3:32amThread Starterpost #87 of 35103/16/13 at 3:54amQuote:Originally Posted by lhuynh
Thanks for starting this thread.
Lobbs are my favorite. For me, the leather is just amazing even compared to other very high quality shoes. I'll have to post some more of mine at some point.
Here are the Chambord II in bracken (basically chestnut) in misty calf that I bought in January. My poor photography doesn't do them justice.
I've been traveling so much I still haven't taken them for a spin yet. Very soon though...
Agree, they only use an Italian tannery who supply exclusively to them...exquisite stuff.post #88 of 35103/16/13 at 3:55ampost #89 of 35103/16/13 at 4:00amThread Starterpost #90 of 35103/16/13 at 6:45am
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1620 Active Users (338 Members and 1282 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 seconds ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 17 seconds ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 31 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 42 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?