or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 44

post #646 of 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post


gusvs, you picked a wonderful shoe and color. Here goes trying to keep them clean.

Thanks and yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementHU View Post

Beautiful shoes Gus!

Thank you!
post #647 of 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

lhuynh, may I ask you, or anyone else who is willing to help me- on your opinion regarding the JL Dark Brown Museum Calf? ..


How does that color looks to you under normal day light and everyday use .. I hesitate ordering another pair of Lopez, this time in Dark Brown Museum, as my major concern is - will it be clearly recognizable as brown as I have a feeling sometimes it is too dark and almost might be mistaken with black, under lower light condition .. So, I saw in your closet cleaning ad that you do have a pair of JL in that color, so wondered if you could advice me .. 

Dark Brown museum is not as dark (or black shaded) as Dark brown misty. It is still brown in normal daylight.

I prefer dark brown misty because you can't tell whether it is black or brown. It is such a versatile color. That's the beauty of it.
post #648 of 1441

Thank You guys,

Considering I already purchased a pair of Lopez in Black Misty Calf, I really want my next shoes to be "clear and not mistaken brown" in order not to have 2 different pair of shoes mistaken as the same pair. I even found the Dark Brown Museum matching belt, which would be a really nice addition, though someone could say it "I am trying to hard" ..

post #649 of 1441
Has anyone from the US attempted to purchase JL shoes from the UK store? Do you know if they will make the sale or will they re-direct to the US supplier?

Also, anyone have pics of JL's SAR soles? They look pretty clunky but durable... now in MI I might need to pick up shoes with such soles. Thanks!
post #650 of 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

lhuynh, may I ask you, or anyone else who is willing to help me- on your opinion regarding the JL Dark Brown Museum Calf? ..


How does that color looks to you under normal day light and everyday use .. I hesitate ordering another pair of Lopez, this time in Dark Brown Museum, as my major concern is - will it be clearly recognizable as brown as I have a feeling sometimes it is too dark and almost might be mistaken with black, under lower light condition .. So, I saw in your closet cleaning ad that you do have a pair of JL in that color, so wondered if you could advice me .. 

Boy, it really does depend sometimes but in general, I find the dark brown museum to be pretty dark but not enough to be mistaken as black. It just does not have the clear antiquing effect of lighter browns, like Parisian, chestnut or bracken. More subtle. Depends on what you like.
post #651 of 1441
Dark brown museum is very subtle. Won't be able to see the museum effect unless under bright lighting. Very similar to black museum calf.
post #652 of 1441

chogall, Sorry - similar to the black museum in a way of not so clearly visible hoes and antique finish, or similar to the black museum in term they can be mistaken with black museum as the color shade is not so different? My concern was regarding the brown color it self, I would like it to be seen I'm wearing a brown shoes, and not for people to have a second thought is that black or brown. :) But I think I got the answer by now..

post #653 of 1441
The John Lobb sale started yesterday at the Madison Avenue store....

Amongst the best buys are Chambord II boots in multiple hides reduced from $1695 to $678.icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #654 of 1441

Have you seen there the Chambord II shoes?  Would pay for proxy....

post #655 of 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post

The John Lobb sale started yesterday at the Madison Avenue store....

Amongst the best buys are Chambord II boots in multiple hides reduced from $1695 to $678.icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I really like the Buffalo Calf... I REALLY don't like the SAR soles... ffffuuuu.gif

Is it bad that I will have close to 4x the amount of JL that I currently have by next week?
post #656 of 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolina View Post

Have you seen there the Chambord II shoes?  Would pay for proxy....

They have a few pairs of the Chambord II shoe in dark oak but at not quite as generous a discount as the boot.
post #657 of 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post


They have a few pairs of the Chambord II shoe in dark oak but at not quite as generous a discount as the boot.

 

yes. would love it. Proxy anybody? 

post #658 of 1441
Do they have an email address for that store? Would love to get a list of shoes in my size smile.gif
post #659 of 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Do they have an email address for that store? Would love to get a list of shoes in my size smile.gif
johnlobbbotique@johnlobb.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolina View Post

yes. would love it. Proxy anybody? 
Are you in the US? They can ship to you directly if you are.
post #660 of 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

johnlobbbotique@johnlobb.com
Are you in the US? They can ship to you directly if you are.

There is also a Lobb store in San Francisco which is having the same sale, if that's somehow more convenient.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread