Madison 800 (7000 last).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Yesterday at 7:12 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 7/30/15 at 4:51pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on 7/30/15 at 7:43am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:12 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 37
Styleforum Top Pickspost #542 of 258810/26/13 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Since maybe 12 years, does John Lobb (Northampton) produce annually a limited run model to coincide with October 25th, the feast day of St Crispin's (patron saint of shoemakers). That St. Crispin model (or St Crepin in French) will not be included into the standard collection. The idea is to pull out all the stops and show what can be done in shoemaking.
Price wise they are some of the most expensive ready-to-wear shoes. The current model costs something like GBP 1050 (can't quite remember). So it will be in excess of USD 1500.
It started in 1996 so a good 17 years now.
Initially it was called Limited, renamed to Vintage around 2000, and renamed again to Saint Crépin in 2011. Would be an awesome shoe series to collect.
Price-wise, it's high end but eclipsed by other makers now, e.g., EG Top Drawer, G&G Deco, and Saint Crispins.
This year's model reminded me of 1996, a fairly pedastrian design.post #543 of 258810/26/13 at 1:08pmpost #544 of 258810/26/13 at 1:31pmpost #545 of 258810/26/13 at 1:33pmpost #546 of 258810/26/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
Unless prices have changed in the last few weeks, I believe G&G is still pitched to that magical figure of GBP 990 (as is Anthony Cleverley). Saint Crispin European standard price is, I believe, EUR 1150 or so (which is about the same as Deco and AC).
I was surprised today to see that JL has pitched the shoe at over 1000 quid. ( I have a 2007 'vintage' which is marked on the box as GBP 730. So, in six years JLP has managed to increase the price at almost 50 %.)
No doubt, other manufacturers will increase prices soon as that 1000 quid ceiling has now been broken.post #547 of 258810/26/13 at 1:56pmpost #548 of 258810/26/13 at 2:20pmpost #549 of 258810/26/13 at 2:39pmpost #550 of 258810/26/13 at 2:49pmpost #551 of 258810/26/13 at 3:17pmpost #552 of 258810/26/13 at 7:32pmQuote:
The JL Vintage 2000 split-toe double monk is probably my favorite.post #553 of 258810/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #554 of 258810/27/13 at 5:53ampost #555 of 258810/27/13 at 2:25pm
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1072 Active Users (181 Members and 891 Guests)
- › deception 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 17 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 35 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 37 minutes ago
- › Experience with Maurizio Baldassari 37 minutes ago
- › Tour De France is Boring 43 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...