Madison 800 (7000 last).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Yesterday at 4:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Yesterday at 4:41 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 37
Styleforum Top Pickspost #542 of 350210/26/13 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Since maybe 12 years, does John Lobb (Northampton) produce annually a limited run model to coincide with October 25th, the feast day of St Crispin's (patron saint of shoemakers). That St. Crispin model (or St Crepin in French) will not be included into the standard collection. The idea is to pull out all the stops and show what can be done in shoemaking.
Price wise they are some of the most expensive ready-to-wear shoes. The current model costs something like GBP 1050 (can't quite remember). So it will be in excess of USD 1500.
It started in 1996 so a good 17 years now.
Initially it was called Limited, renamed to Vintage around 2000, and renamed again to Saint Crépin in 2011. Would be an awesome shoe series to collect.
Price-wise, it's high end but eclipsed by other makers now, e.g., EG Top Drawer, G&G Deco, and Saint Crispins.
This year's model reminded me of 1996, a fairly pedastrian design.post #543 of 350210/26/13 at 1:08pmpost #544 of 350210/26/13 at 1:31pmpost #545 of 350210/26/13 at 1:33pmpost #546 of 350210/26/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
Unless prices have changed in the last few weeks, I believe G&G is still pitched to that magical figure of GBP 990 (as is Anthony Cleverley). Saint Crispin European standard price is, I believe, EUR 1150 or so (which is about the same as Deco and AC).
I was surprised today to see that JL has pitched the shoe at over 1000 quid. ( I have a 2007 'vintage' which is marked on the box as GBP 730. So, in six years JLP has managed to increase the price at almost 50 %.)
No doubt, other manufacturers will increase prices soon as that 1000 quid ceiling has now been broken.post #547 of 350210/26/13 at 1:56pmpost #548 of 350210/26/13 at 2:20pmpost #549 of 350210/26/13 at 2:39pmpost #550 of 350210/26/13 at 2:49pmpost #551 of 350210/26/13 at 3:17pmpost #552 of 350210/26/13 at 7:32pmQuote:
The JL Vintage 2000 split-toe double monk is probably my favorite.post #553 of 350210/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #554 of 350210/27/13 at 5:53ampost #555 of 350210/27/13 at 2:25pm
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Currently, there are 1522 Active Users (364 Members and 1158 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 58 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RL Black Label to merge with Purple Label 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...