Madison 800 (7000 last).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 6/20/16 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:30am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 37post #542 of 417410/26/13 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Since maybe 12 years, does John Lobb (Northampton) produce annually a limited run model to coincide with October 25th, the feast day of St Crispin's (patron saint of shoemakers). That St. Crispin model (or St Crepin in French) will not be included into the standard collection. The idea is to pull out all the stops and show what can be done in shoemaking.
Price wise they are some of the most expensive ready-to-wear shoes. The current model costs something like GBP 1050 (can't quite remember). So it will be in excess of USD 1500.
It started in 1996 so a good 17 years now.
Initially it was called Limited, renamed to Vintage around 2000, and renamed again to Saint Crépin in 2011. Would be an awesome shoe series to collect.
Price-wise, it's high end but eclipsed by other makers now, e.g., EG Top Drawer, G&G Deco, and Saint Crispins.
This year's model reminded me of 1996, a fairly pedastrian design.post #543 of 417410/26/13 at 1:08pmpost #544 of 417410/26/13 at 1:31pmpost #545 of 417410/26/13 at 1:33pmpost #546 of 417410/26/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
Unless prices have changed in the last few weeks, I believe G&G is still pitched to that magical figure of GBP 990 (as is Anthony Cleverley). Saint Crispin European standard price is, I believe, EUR 1150 or so (which is about the same as Deco and AC).
I was surprised today to see that JL has pitched the shoe at over 1000 quid. ( I have a 2007 'vintage' which is marked on the box as GBP 730. So, in six years JLP has managed to increase the price at almost 50 %.)
No doubt, other manufacturers will increase prices soon as that 1000 quid ceiling has now been broken.post #547 of 417410/26/13 at 1:56pmpost #548 of 417410/26/13 at 2:20pmpost #549 of 417410/26/13 at 2:39pmpost #550 of 417410/26/13 at 2:49pmpost #551 of 417410/26/13 at 3:17pmpost #552 of 417410/26/13 at 7:32pmQuote:
The JL Vintage 2000 split-toe double monk is probably my favorite.post #553 of 417410/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #554 of 417410/27/13 at 5:53ampost #555 of 417410/27/13 at 2:25pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1464 Active Users (231 Members and 1233 Guests)
- › Recent purchases - Part II 35 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 52 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 53 seconds ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › Brexit 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 16 minutes ago
- › Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official... 17 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding