Madison 800 (7000 last).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 11/17/16 at 7:59am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 37post #542 of 440810/26/13 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Since maybe 12 years, does John Lobb (Northampton) produce annually a limited run model to coincide with October 25th, the feast day of St Crispin's (patron saint of shoemakers). That St. Crispin model (or St Crepin in French) will not be included into the standard collection. The idea is to pull out all the stops and show what can be done in shoemaking.
Price wise they are some of the most expensive ready-to-wear shoes. The current model costs something like GBP 1050 (can't quite remember). So it will be in excess of USD 1500.
It started in 1996 so a good 17 years now.
Initially it was called Limited, renamed to Vintage around 2000, and renamed again to Saint Crépin in 2011. Would be an awesome shoe series to collect.
Price-wise, it's high end but eclipsed by other makers now, e.g., EG Top Drawer, G&G Deco, and Saint Crispins.
This year's model reminded me of 1996, a fairly pedastrian design.post #543 of 440810/26/13 at 1:08pmpost #544 of 440810/26/13 at 1:31pmpost #545 of 440810/26/13 at 1:33pmpost #546 of 440810/26/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
Unless prices have changed in the last few weeks, I believe G&G is still pitched to that magical figure of GBP 990 (as is Anthony Cleverley). Saint Crispin European standard price is, I believe, EUR 1150 or so (which is about the same as Deco and AC).
I was surprised today to see that JL has pitched the shoe at over 1000 quid. ( I have a 2007 'vintage' which is marked on the box as GBP 730. So, in six years JLP has managed to increase the price at almost 50 %.)
No doubt, other manufacturers will increase prices soon as that 1000 quid ceiling has now been broken.post #547 of 440810/26/13 at 1:56pmpost #548 of 440810/26/13 at 2:20pmpost #549 of 440810/26/13 at 2:39pmpost #550 of 440810/26/13 at 2:49pmpost #551 of 440810/26/13 at 3:17pmpost #552 of 440810/26/13 at 7:32pmQuote:
The JL Vintage 2000 split-toe double monk is probably my favorite.post #553 of 440810/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #554 of 440810/27/13 at 5:53ampost #555 of 440810/27/13 at 2:25pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 929 Active Users (100 Members and 829 Guests)
- › The Official RRL Thread 18 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › New Ralph Lauren line: Denim & Supply 4 minutes ago
- › VASS WHOLECUT LAST K - 9 UK - MTO BLUE SUEDE CALF 7 minutes ago
- › The 'Best Of' Friday Challenges 2016 8 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 20 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 42 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 48 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...