Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 2/10/16 at 3:59am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 31post #451 of 35109/15/13 at 2:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #452 of 35109/15/13 at 2:16pmpost #453 of 35109/15/13 at 2:26pmpost #454 of 35109/15/13 at 2:27pmpost #455 of 35109/15/13 at 2:31pmQuote:
I thought your inquiry might have been snark, but the black museum leather is suppose to have similar burnishing/treatment like their other colors. Maybe someone has good sun light pics of this. I made sure to specifically call it burnishing, and not patina, as to not incur the wrath of DW...post #456 of 35109/15/13 at 2:36pmpost #457 of 35109/15/13 at 2:38pmpost #458 of 35109/15/13 at 2:39pmpost #459 of 35109/15/13 at 2:40pmpost #460 of 35109/15/13 at 2:40pmpost #461 of 35109/15/13 at 2:45pmpost #462 of 35109/15/13 at 2:48pmpost #463 of 35109/15/13 at 2:48pmpost #464 of 35109/15/13 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
I thought your inquiry might have been snark, but the black museum leather is suppose to have similar burnishing/treatment like their other colors. Maybe someone has good sun light pics of this. I made sure to specifically call it burnishing, and not patina, as to not incur the wrath of DW...
Burnishing is when leather workers put wax on the leather or leather edges, use a hot iron to iron those wax into the fiber, sealing the leather and making the color darker.
Black museum is not like burnishing. The effect is created at the dying process at the tannery, prior to glazing on the top coat. It is still dyed through except some areas have less dye pigment than the others, for a 3D depth effect similar to when you apply dozens different coating of waxes in different colors, except its permanent.
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Eidos Napoli 2 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › Leather Honey Conditioner evoluton of how it changes Horween... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?