First pair,fresh out of the box. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Yesterday at 7:12 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 7/30/15 at 4:51pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on 7/30/15 at 7:43am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:58 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 4
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 25882/23/13 at 9:31amThread Starterpost #48 of 25882/23/13 at 11:11ampost #49 of 25882/23/13 at 11:15amThread Starterpost #50 of 25882/23/13 at 11:48amQuote:
Most of the RTW Oxfords are off the 8000 series, and several of the Prestige's are 7000. I get MTO, so I'm afraid I'm not as helpful as I should be!
Beauty. Congrats!post #51 of 25882/23/13 at 11:51amThread Starterpost #52 of 25882/23/13 at 6:06pmpost #53 of 25882/24/13 at 3:51amThread Starterpost #54 of 25882/24/13 at 4:34ampost #55 of 25882/24/13 at 5:25amThread StarterQuote:
There maybe other alternatives, but I figured for my first and only pair might as well get the JL branded version. Besides for the type of tree you'll want to get I'm not sure how much you could actualy save. Besides when your already spending north of 1K whats another $125?
Edited by dddrees - 2/24/13 at 5:47ampost #56 of 25882/24/13 at 5:41ampost #57 of 25882/24/13 at 8:53ampost #58 of 25882/24/13 at 9:50ampost #59 of 25882/24/13 at 10:11amQuote:
I don't have a much large sample size, but in the opposite direction. Until I decide to order a pair of Shannon's, I only have 1 EG (Chelsea) and 3 Lobb (Chapel, Jermyn II, City II) . I feel the difference for me is that for Lobb the leather feels much more supple whereas I feel the construction quality and sturdiness of my pair of EG's.
I'd be interested to hear other Opinions as well?post #60 of 25882/24/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
In my small sample size (3 JL RTW, City II, Lopez, Woodcote, 1 EG, Oakdale), JL uppers wears more supple and form fitting and soles wears more flexible. EG wears more stiff at both suppers and soles. Haven't lived long enough to know the difference after 15-20 years of wear.
According to my research on construction (online and print), both are GY welted (poor construction) but use leather foot beds/insole and rest of the components are top notch. The insoles seems to be decent quality but still far from hand sewn welted insoles. EG has slightly broader gemming. EG uses leather shanks and JL uses steel shanks. BUT aside from the inferior GY welted construction, JL uses heat formed plastic for toe and heel stiffeners while EG uses heat formed plastic stiffeners at toe only. Real handmade shoes uses leather stiffener.
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 11 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 14 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 26 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 32 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...