First pair,fresh out of the box. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 2/4/16 at 4:10pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Yesterday at 5:17 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 4
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 35102/23/13 at 9:31amThread Starterpost #48 of 35102/23/13 at 11:11ampost #49 of 35102/23/13 at 11:15amThread Starterpost #50 of 35102/23/13 at 11:48amQuote:
Most of the RTW Oxfords are off the 8000 series, and several of the Prestige's are 7000. I get MTO, so I'm afraid I'm not as helpful as I should be!
Beauty. Congrats!post #51 of 35102/23/13 at 11:51amThread Starterpost #52 of 35102/23/13 at 6:06pmpost #53 of 35102/24/13 at 3:51amThread Starterpost #54 of 35102/24/13 at 4:34ampost #55 of 35102/24/13 at 5:25amThread StarterQuote:
There maybe other alternatives, but I figured for my first and only pair might as well get the JL branded version. Besides for the type of tree you'll want to get I'm not sure how much you could actualy save. Besides when your already spending north of 1K whats another $125?
Edited by dddrees - 2/24/13 at 5:47ampost #56 of 35102/24/13 at 5:41ampost #57 of 35102/24/13 at 8:53ampost #58 of 35102/24/13 at 9:50ampost #59 of 35102/24/13 at 10:11amQuote:
I don't have a much large sample size, but in the opposite direction. Until I decide to order a pair of Shannon's, I only have 1 EG (Chelsea) and 3 Lobb (Chapel, Jermyn II, City II) . I feel the difference for me is that for Lobb the leather feels much more supple whereas I feel the construction quality and sturdiness of my pair of EG's.
I'd be interested to hear other Opinions as well?post #60 of 35102/24/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
In my small sample size (3 JL RTW, City II, Lopez, Woodcote, 1 EG, Oakdale), JL uppers wears more supple and form fitting and soles wears more flexible. EG wears more stiff at both suppers and soles. Haven't lived long enough to know the difference after 15-20 years of wear.
According to my research on construction (online and print), both are GY welted (poor construction) but use leather foot beds/insole and rest of the components are top notch. The insoles seems to be decent quality but still far from hand sewn welted insoles. EG has slightly broader gemming. EG uses leather shanks and JL uses steel shanks. BUT aside from the inferior GY welted construction, JL uses heat formed plastic for toe and heel stiffeners while EG uses heat formed plastic stiffeners at toe only. Real handmade shoes uses leather stiffener.
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 18 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › does everyone here have a full head of hair? any bald people? 11 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 18 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 19 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 22 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...