Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 11/17/16 at 7:59am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Today at 1:46 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 30post #437 of 44028/26/13 at 12:34pmpost #438 of 44028/26/13 at 1:07pmpost #439 of 44028/26/13 at 2:29pmpost #440 of 44028/26/13 at 4:57pmpost #441 of 44028/26/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by niklasnordin
I dont understand.
I thought a US10 was a UK9.... approximately, which would imply that you wear the same size or 1/2 size down.
I snapped a crappy picture of my UK7 EG 888, UK7 JL 8000 and UK6 1/2 CJ 337 side by side and tried to align them as accurately as possible.
I am a solid UK 6 1/2 for CJ and can wear UK 6 1/2 for EG (really tight), but I prefer UK7, for JL 8000 (which is the only last I have) I can only wear UK7, UK 6 1/2 for JL 8000 is definitely too small. I initially just mailed this picture to wurger, but realized that someone else might be interested in this as well.
I see another 6.5 kin... well in EG at least. I'm UK6 in the 8000 and 337 (which runs generous for me). Our variability shows how important it is to have the opportunity to try shoes on.post #442 of 44028/27/13 at 2:06amQuote:
thanks guys. yes Dainite is needed in a rainy place like London. don't want to be caught out in the rain and as Namor adds, does not add any unnecessary weight or nastiness to the refined look of the shoespost #443 of 44028/27/13 at 2:38amThread Starterpost #444 of 44028/31/13 at 9:22ampost #445 of 44029/10/13 at 3:03ampost #446 of 44029/10/13 at 1:30pmDon't know if you guys already knew about this, but JL shoes at Harrods are pretty cheap compared to Barneys and Bergdorf when the VAT is deducted (over $500 in savings).
These beautiful monks are over $600 cheaper than NA pricing (they deduct VAT at checkout).
http://www.harrods.com/product/ashill-monk-strap-buckle-/john-lobb/000000000003146596post #447 of 44029/10/13 at 2:49pmQuote:
This is Lobb's October sole (recognisable by the hexagonal studs) which is a thinner version of the familiar Dainite sole (circular studs). The manager at Jermyn Street explained that this was intended for shoes where the full Dainite treatment would look overly "agricultural", as with these elegant black monks.post #448 of 44029/15/13 at 9:35ampost #449 of 44029/15/13 at 1:36pmpost #450 of 44029/15/13 at 1:42pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 15 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 18 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 18 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 19 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 28 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 30 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 36 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...