Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 6/20/16 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:30am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 30post #437 of 41768/26/13 at 12:34pmpost #438 of 41768/26/13 at 1:07pmpost #439 of 41768/26/13 at 2:29pmpost #440 of 41768/26/13 at 4:57pmpost #441 of 41768/26/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by niklasnordin
I dont understand.
I thought a US10 was a UK9.... approximately, which would imply that you wear the same size or 1/2 size down.
I snapped a crappy picture of my UK7 EG 888, UK7 JL 8000 and UK6 1/2 CJ 337 side by side and tried to align them as accurately as possible.
I am a solid UK 6 1/2 for CJ and can wear UK 6 1/2 for EG (really tight), but I prefer UK7, for JL 8000 (which is the only last I have) I can only wear UK7, UK 6 1/2 for JL 8000 is definitely too small. I initially just mailed this picture to wurger, but realized that someone else might be interested in this as well.
I see another 6.5 kin... well in EG at least. I'm UK6 in the 8000 and 337 (which runs generous for me). Our variability shows how important it is to have the opportunity to try shoes on.post #442 of 41768/27/13 at 2:06amQuote:
thanks guys. yes Dainite is needed in a rainy place like London. don't want to be caught out in the rain and as Namor adds, does not add any unnecessary weight or nastiness to the refined look of the shoespost #443 of 41768/27/13 at 2:38amThread Starterpost #444 of 41768/31/13 at 9:22ampost #445 of 41769/10/13 at 3:03ampost #446 of 41769/10/13 at 1:30pmDon't know if you guys already knew about this, but JL shoes at Harrods are pretty cheap compared to Barneys and Bergdorf when the VAT is deducted (over $500 in savings).
These beautiful monks are over $600 cheaper than NA pricing (they deduct VAT at checkout).
http://www.harrods.com/product/ashill-monk-strap-buckle-/john-lobb/000000000003146596post #447 of 41769/10/13 at 2:49pmQuote:
This is Lobb's October sole (recognisable by the hexagonal studs) which is a thinner version of the familiar Dainite sole (circular studs). The manager at Jermyn Street explained that this was intended for shoes where the full Dainite treatment would look overly "agricultural", as with these elegant black monks.post #448 of 41769/15/13 at 9:35ampost #449 of 41769/15/13 at 1:36pmpost #450 of 41769/15/13 at 1:42pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 10 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Brexit 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 12 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding