Haha I bet. I like the JLP style little bit more. I respect that the st. james street Lobbs are classic and resistant to change though. But we're talking about $7500 starting for bespoke.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 1/15/17 at 1:08am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Today at 6:03 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 287post #4292 of 45338/26/16 at 12:21amQuote:Quote:
I know this is like cursing in church but I'm not all that fond of JLStJ either, not aesthetically at least. I have never commissioned them though, maybe they are fantastic IRL and on your feet. Truth be told I know very little of JLP Bespoke, never seen a pair IRL. But the RTW 7000 and 8695 last are pretty damn sweet.post #4293 of 45338/26/16 at 5:38amQuote:
Lobb St James is about 4500 pounds with shoe trees. That is roughly the same as Lobb Paris bespoke after the first pair where you pay a lasting fee.post #4294 of 45338/26/16 at 5:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
I know this is like cursing in church but I'm not all that fond of JLStJ either, not aesthetically at least. I have never commissioned them though, maybe they are fantastic IRL and on your feet. Truth be told I know very little of JLP Bespoke, never seen a pair IRL. But the RTW 7000 and 8695 last are pretty damn sweet.
Agree on Lobb St James. I visited the shop and didnt see anything I could imagine myself wearing.post #4295 of 45338/29/16 at 12:24pmQuote:
We'll probably never see many examples of what they have done and yes the shop doesn't inspire much in this contemporary shoe environment (GG, JLP, EG). The very few pictures of the custom boots out there are very classic IMO. I have a pair of Jodhpur's and while they won't rock anyone's worlds from a looks perspective, I feel like they'll never age. Frankly they are just extremely high quality conservative refinement, I feel they still make their boots to be used for hunting, horse riding and long rough cobblestone walking, with little style peppered in. They are the most solid and form fitting shoe I have, over 10 years old, about 2 - 3 wears per month with some long NY commuting walks, a couple of rains and snow and shows hardly any wear other than some scratches put onto them. Original soles show less wear than my 12 month old EG's.
Having said that I wouldn't invest on this brand, with so many better options out there. I do wonder how long they'll stay in business with such competition and open cross border commerce across many bespoke makers.post #4296 of 45338/29/16 at 2:26pmpost #4297 of 45338/30/16 at 2:06pmpost #4298 of 45338/30/16 at 2:44pmpost #4299 of 45338/30/16 at 3:06pmpost #4300 of 45338/30/16 at 3:15pmpost #4301 of 45338/30/16 at 3:28pmpost #4302 of 45338/30/16 at 3:29pmQuote:
did you have yours made in south coast?
Edited by jujujoo11 - 9/6/16 at 2:46pmpost #4303 of 45338/30/16 at 3:34pmQuote:
Yes i did. And yes they did waive the MTO charge as far as I know. I usually MTO from there bc of that (i have 3 on order right now haha).
I dont even have the klein yet. Due end of sept-Octpost #4304 of 45338/30/16 at 3:42pmQuote:
Maybe it was for shoe trees also or that is just what they cost. Not sure. He just told me what they cost and I paid.
Anyways if they allow 8EE and you get 5 I am in. Do they all have to be the same color?post #4305 of 45338/30/16 at 3:46pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Recent purchases - Part II 19 seconds ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 44 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford Suit - Filleted and Gutted 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...