or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 285

post #4261 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

Keeping your Lobbs dry I see :-)
And free of sand. ...
post #4262 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post


My StC experimenting is long over.
The Klein is one of the old Crepin models, i believe 1996.


Post edit. I just realized you probably meant the Crepin models from Lobb not The St. Crispins shoe company

yea..  I realized Lobb is doing MTO for crepin models.  My 2009 is coming tuesday from what I heard.  And I will pick up a chelsea boot too maybe the Tudor in black.  

 

I was at the Costa Mesa store today. Are you installing taps on your JL2009?

post #4263 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC0611 View Post
 

 

I was at the Costa Mesa store today. Are you installing taps on your JL2009?

Yes I already got it done.  Its at the store and I need to pick it up.

 

When you we're there at south coast did you get to see them?  I know they're holding my shoes until I get a chance to pick them up.


Edited by jujujoo11 - 8/10/16 at 12:27am
post #4264 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC0611 View Post

I was at the Costa Mesa store today. Are you installing taps on your JL2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post

Yes I already got it done.  Its at the store and I need to pick it up.

When you we're there at south coast did you get to see them?  I know they're holding my shoes until I get a chance to pick them up.

When I spoke to the Costa Mesa store last I was informed that the factory does not install toe taps. They contract them out to Leather Spa in NYC, at least for the USA. I usually have them ship to me straight from Leather Spa to make it one less trip.
If you live near the store and are looking for an excuse to go to the store, thats a whole different conversation.

I did also just receive an email with some new releases and i I will not lie the new Levah sneakers with the grain calf look very good..if you are into that kind of thing, which I am
post #4265 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post



When I spoke to the Costa Mesa store last I was informed that the factory does not install toe taps. They contract them out to Leather Spa in NYC, at least for the USA. I usually have them ship to me straight from Leather Spa to make it one less trip.
If you live near the store and are looking for an excuse to go to the store, thats a whole different conversation.

I did also just receive an email with some new releases and i I will not lie the new Levah sneakers with the grain calf look very good..if you are into that kind of thing, which I am

I have a Blue suede Levah and I love it.  Runs a bit large so I sized down 1.5 size.  Was wondering what size you wear in the Levah compared to ur Normal Lobbs

post #4266 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post

I have a Blue suede Levah and I love it.  Runs a bit large so I sized down 1.5 size.  Was wondering what size you wear in the Levah compared to ur Normal Lobbs

Yea i am also a fan, i also do like MMM GATs as well, which are a different style all together.
I actually have the same blue suede Levah and also the petrol blue velveteen calf, which i think is just a fancy term for some kind of suede

I typically wear 8EE in Lobb oxfords/derbies, but 8.5E also fits fine (not as good as 8EE).
For the Levah i have one in 9E which fits like a sneaker (not snug). And also 8.5 as it was the only size left. The 8.5 really fits like a dress shoe. I would probably say 9E is the typically sneaker fit for me.
So the opposite of you, i go up a size from my dress shoes.

post #4267 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC0611 View Post

I was at the Costa Mesa store today. Are you installing taps on your JL2009?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post

Yes I already got it done.  Its at the store and I need to pick it up.

When you we're there at south coast did you get to see them?  I know they're holding my shoes until I get a chance to pick them up.

When I spoke to the Costa Mesa store last I was informed that the factory does not install toe taps. They contract them out to Leather Spa in NYC, at least for the USA. I usually have them ship to me straight from Leather Spa to make it one less trip.
If you live near the store and are looking for an excuse to go to the store, thats a whole different conversation.

I did also just receive an email with some new releases and i I will not lie the new Levah sneakers with the grain calf look very good..if you are into that kind of thing, which I am

 

I did not see them. I thought I should wait for pictures like the rest of us.

The store has the new Levah on display along with Archer, Croft, and a few others.

post #4268 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC0611 View Post
 

 

I did not see them. I thought I should wait for pictures like the rest of us.

The store has the new Levah on display along with Archer, Croft, and a few others.

Finally the Archer is on display.  Did you see which color?

post #4269 of 4399
912d220b88a300466dc46cf687566a29.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4270 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC0611 View Post
 

 

I did not see them. I thought I should wait for pictures like the rest of us.

The store has the new Levah on display along with Archer, Croft, and a few others.

Finally the Archer is on display.  Did you see which color?

 

I saw it but didn't note the color. It could be Bracken or Chestnut Misty Calf.

post #4271 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best4Best View Post

912d220b88a300466dc46cf687566a29.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which model are those?

post #4272 of 4399

Does anybody have a well used Museum/Misty calf Lobb?  I can't stop scuffing them lol.  They are so soft and delicate.  By far the best feeling leather but soo soft.

post #4273 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post

Does anybody have a well used Museum/Misty calf Lobb?  I can't stop scuffing them lol.  They are so soft and delicate.  By far the best feeling leather but soo soft.

They come in three weights/thickness - weight depends on style.
post #4274 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post
 

Does anybody have a well used Museum/Misty calf Lobb?  I can't stop scuffing them lol.  They are so soft and delicate.  By far the best feeling leather but soo soft.

I've got a Mr Porter Lopez Plum Museum makeup with the rubber soles. Still one of my dearest shoes. I feel the leather on these is quite thick but supple at the same time. Could be as this was their Autumn/Winter makeup. It also polishes extremely well. I wouldn't want the thinner leather actually. Bought them, I believe, almost 2 years ago, but have worn them perhaps 20 times since then, so not much of a help from me. The leather and November sole still look brand new, hardly showing any sings of wear at all. I bet these will take 15 more years before they will need a resole with the tempo I wear them.  

post #4275 of 4399

I find that on oxfords they are thinner like becketts.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread