or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 28

post #406 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Nice austerity... Not the Westcote, right? What is it called and color?

The austerity is the Widmer on the 8695 last but I don't recall the color.
post #407 of 1339
Cheap John Lobb (starting bid 200, buy it now 350)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Lobb-Bramley-shoes-/281151560985

not affiliated to seller, would probably have kop myself if it was half size smaller
post #408 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

Cheap John Lobb (starting bid 200, buy it now 350)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Lobb-Bramley-shoes-/281151560985

not affiliated to seller, would probably have kop myself if it was half size smaller

Worn no more than 2 times... rolleyes.gif

The owner must have worn the crap out of them the 2 times he wore them.
post #409 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Worn no more than 2 times... rolleyes.gif

The owner must have worn the crap out of them the 2 times he wore them.

I was thinking the same thing. How do you get that much wear on the waist in 2 wears unless you're walking in gravel for 2 days straight?
post #410 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by brax View Post

Here are my contributions:



 

   nice contribution . . . . these are Vale ?

post #411 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

   nice contribution . . . . these are Vale ?

Yep.
post #412 of 1339
Walking in Manhattan for 2 days would probably do that. Though the guy is in CA
post #413 of 1339

We spend more time driving than walking in California.

post #414 of 1339
i started riding my bike to the gym. yeah, huhhhah, me!
post #415 of 1339

^^^Nice collection!

 

On another note: I've seen the 9795 last noted as both "9795" and "9795R". Anyone knows what difference, if any, is hidden behind the "R"?

post #416 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

^^^Nice collection!

On another note: I've seen the 9795 last noted as both "9795" and "9795R". Anyone knows what difference, if any, is hidden behind the "R"?

I think that an S or an R behind any last number refers to Sale and Rejects, respectively.
post #417 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by brax View Post

I think that an S or an R behind any last number refers to Sale and Rejects, respectively.

I am afraid I have to disagree. I am not referring to the R or S stamps in red that signify rejects or sale shoes. Rather I am talking about when the last number written in handwriting on the lining includes an R - "9795R".

Examples: http://www.classicshoesformen.com/sites/default/files/John%20Lobb%20William%206.5EE%20(14).JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/qyUAAMXQlrxRbDTy/$T2eC16RHJIYE9qUcOQZWBRbDT)Jq-w~~60_3.JPG?set_id=880000500F
Edited by hoodog - 8/16/13 at 5:56pm
post #418 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

I am afraid I have to disagree. I am not referring to the R or S stamps in red that signify rejects or sale shoes. Rather I am talking about when the last number written in handwriting on the lining includes an R - "9795R".

Examples: http://www.classicshoesformen.com/sites/default/files/John%20Lobb%20William%206.5EE%20(14).JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/qyUAAMXQlrxRbDTy/$T2eC16RHJIYE9qUcOQZWBRbDT)Jq-w~~60_3.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Rubber sole, I believe.
post #419 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post


Rubber sole, I believe.

 

Nope, thats not it either. I've seen "9795R" many times with the standard original leather soles too.

post #420 of 1339

I just got following answer from the manager at the Jermyn St Lobb store:

 

Quote:
The R is just part of the last name, we refer to it as 9795, but it is actually 9795R - it may have referred to a revision or somesuch many years ago, but the last has been unchanged for at least 17 years.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread