or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 252

post #3766 of 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post


Thats my next color most likely. I recently ordered an MTO and was going to get warwick with claret misty but ended up switching to parisian brown museum at the last minute. Now i need to figure out what model to get in claret. Second time i talk myself out of claret (switched talland boot from claret to bracken also)


You made excellent choice teaming the Parisian Brown Museum with Warwick. They are a lovely Wingtip style. I was eying for a pair myself. Please share some photos once you receive them if possible.

post #3767 of 4404

I have the opportunity to get John Lobb 2009 MTO...  What color should I get?  Claret, Plum, Navy Museum???  BLACK?

post #3768 of 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post


Thats my next color most likely. I recently ordered an MTO and was going to get warwick with claret misty but ended up switching to parisian brown museum at the last minute. Now i need to figure out what model to get in claret. Second time i talk myself out of claret (switched talland boot from claret to bracken also)


.

post #3769 of 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post
 

I have the opportunity to get John Lobb 2009 MTO...  What color should I get?  Claret, Plum, Navy Museum???  BLACK?


NO WAY! Those are my dream Lobbs! How much were you quoted for those and is there any advantage if more of us take the order? I would most definitely go with the Plum Museum between the the one you wrote. But they would look insane in Walnut Museum Calf if that's still possible to opt for.

post #3770 of 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post

I have the opportunity to get John Lobb 2009 MTO...  What color should I get?  Claret, Plum, Navy Museum???  BLACK?

The 2009 is this one?


If so i would go plum or black.

The deep blue misty is also very dark so can be alternative to black. I have not seen navy museum in real life before so not sure about that
post #3771 of 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post
 

I have the opportunity to get John Lobb 2009 MTO...  What color should I get?  Claret, Plum, Navy Museum???  BLACK?

 

The original colors.  It was called Moonlight calf, with three tints.  Cabernet, Navy, and one other color that I don't remember.  Basically black with hues of red, navy, etc.

 

The original colors are things of beauty.

post #3772 of 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post


You made excellent choice teaming the Parisian Brown Museum with Warwick. They are a lovely Wingtip style. I was eying for a pair myself. Please share some photos once you receive them if possible.

Will do. I just ordered them beginning of febr so probably still a couple of months of wait (or more)
post #3773 of 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 


NO WAY! Those are my dream Lobbs! How much were you quoted for those and is there any advantage if more of us take the order? I would most definitely go with the Plum Museum between the the one you wrote. But they would look insane in Walnut Museum Calf if that's still possible to opt for.

I currently don't know the price..  Some guy is ordering bulk like 8 shoes and the factory will allow me to jump in on the order.  I'm heading to South Coast tomarrow to pick out leather.

 

Call south coast plaza they are taking order but don't know how many and price.

post #3774 of 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post

I currently don't know the price..  Some guy is ordering bulk like 8 shoes and the factory will allow me to jump in on the order.  I'm heading to South Coast tomarrow to pick out leather.

Call south coast plaza they are taking order but don't know how many and price.

I figured it must have been south coast plaza. They are most accomodating with MTO orders
post #3775 of 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post


I figured it must have been south coast plaza. They are most accomodating with MTO orders

BTW... Can't wait to see your Parisian brown Warwicks.  Yea  They stop taking orders sunday. 

post #3776 of 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post

BTW... Can't wait to see your Parisian brown Warwicks.  Yea  They stop taking orders sunday. 
Yes i have the warwicks and garnier ii in plum coming in courtesy of south coast plaza. I have a list from Hong Lee there of about 50-60 styles they can pretty much MTO year around, but usually need trunk shows to get styles like the crepin 2009
post #3777 of 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post


Yes i have the warwicks and garnier ii in plum coming in courtesy of south coast plaza. I have a list from Hong Lee there of about 50-60 styles they can pretty much MTO year around, but usually need trunk shows to get styles like the crepin 2009

That sounds like a good rotation.  I myself need to cool it with shoes for a while.  I have more than I can wear but the 2009 felt like a impulse buy.

post #3778 of 4404
Lobb is the one brand that i also fall victim for impulse buys. Usually i can moderate my shoe purchases and know ahead what i want but more often than not i will succumb to an impulse buy when i see a Lobb model that I want/need to have. I am not sure why but Lobb has that effect
post #3779 of 4404
On a unrelated note.

If you had a choice between
1.) Ascot




2.) Brington



Which one would go for? And what color?
Pls ignore that one is prestige and the other is regular line and any price difference.
post #3780 of 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

On a unrelated note.

If you had a choice between
1.) Ascot




2.) Brington



Which one would go for? And what color?
Pls ignore that one is prestige and the other is regular line and any price difference.

#2 in any burgandy shade.  The tight medallion pattern is more appealing than the one spurring out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread