or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 245

post #3661 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmenco View Post

You have a good eye, they are very slightly loose, next time thicker socks.
how about smaller size next time? smile.gif

on the sharp eye - dermatologist icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


There will be no more next time! I have enough shoes....:crackup:

post #3662 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmenco View Post


There will be no more next time! I have enough shoes....crackup%5B1%5D.gif
I've heard that from you many times smile.gif
post #3663 of 4402
X post
Taking out the pewter museum phillips for a spin today. Also could not resist and bought a matching pewter misty belt...


post #3664 of 4402

How would you guys compare Lobb to EG or GG?  I have a few pairs of both and trying to see how Lobb compares for the similar price point.

post #3665 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

How would you guys compare Lobb to EG or GG?  I have a few pairs of both and trying to see how Lobb compares for the similar price point.

I would first say the price point isn't really the same EG prices seem to be slightly lower sans a few models. The lobb prestige are finished well although I'm not too crazy about museum calf. My overwhelming preference is for EG but this is based on last shape and general aethetics. Generally all 3 are in the same stratosphere. Some individual make ups maybe better but in terms of overall quality I find the 3 to be very comparable.
post #3666 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post


I would first say the price point isn't really the same EG prices seem to be slightly lower sans a few models. The lobb prestige are finished well although I'm not too crazy about museum calf. My overwhelming preference is for EG but this is based on last shape and general aethetics. Generally all 3 are in the same stratosphere. Some individual make ups maybe better but in terms of overall quality I find the 3 to be very comparable.

 

Thanks for the thoughts.  I assumed they would be close but i have read that Lobb may have the best leather quality of all.  

post #3667 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Thanks for the thoughts.  I assumed they would be close but i have read that Lobb may have the best leather quality of all.  

I have found Lobb's leather considerably softer than EG and G&G, with G&G a close second. Model dependant, however. Whether that's a good thing is up to you.
post #3668 of 4402

I do not own GG, but I think all tree play in the same league.  JL uses excellent box calf and MC.  EG uses excellent crust leathers and nice patinas/colours. Same top materials, GYW construction and finishings.  Very personal IMO (fit, models, lasts, colours/leathers).

post #3669 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post


I have found Lobb's leather considerably softer than EG and G&G, with G&G a close second. Model dependant, however. Whether that's a good thing is up to you.


+1 Found JL leather to be the best between them all, softer but not that fragile (not sure if it is the right word here)

post #3670 of 4402

My older Lobbs have the best leather of all, my newer models not quite as good. I'm not that crazy about G&G, a fine shoe but slightly behind Lobb & EG, IMHO.

post #3671 of 4402

 dhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/182033979015?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#viTabs_0

pretty good deal for a new pair of suede Lobbs. I would get them myself but I have lots of brown suede.

post #3672 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmenco View Post

 dhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/182033979015?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#viTabs_0
pretty good deal for a new pair of suede Lobbs. I would get them myself but I have lots of brown suede.

It seems NAMOR is downsizing his collection
post #3673 of 4402

backwards becketts????  Mistake?

post #3674 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post





backwards becketts????  Mistake?

Did you get them from Nick?

My colleague also got this "limited edition" 😭

post #3675 of 4402

I just found it on Google.  Was it a mistake you think?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread