or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 231

post #3451 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffman View Post

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your input smile.gif . I think I'll go down size 1 from my usual US size and see what happens. Hopefully they fit. I'll do well to post pictures of my first pair.

A side question. Just wondering. Do you guys think people could actually tell the difference between say JL, EG, AE, etc by just staring at your feet? Women in my social circle tend to compliment on the Kenneth Cole type of shoes that my colleagues wear. It really annoys me. I cant' really tell what they see in them. Makes me wonder whether women can tell the difference at all. I wore a Berluti last week to work and one of my colleague asked, "is that a Cole Haan?" "something like that," I responded. I really didn't want to bother explaining the difference. It's really a sad state of affairs in my building.uhoh.gif

They'll comment on color rather than silhouette.
post #3452 of 4399
Perhaps they meant Kenneth Cole type square toes smile.gif
post #3453 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin8451 View Post

lol
What is wrong with square toe shoes.

My GG St James II in Vintage cherry on MH71 last gets compliment all the time.

That's chiseled toe not square.
post #3454 of 4399
Well after receiving my 2 orders from Bespoke England at the end of December (placed orders end of November),I found each order was missing a pair. I emailed once a week and no response. Finally had to do a chargeback with my credit card today for the 2 pairs I was charged for but never received. Lame.

The shoes I did get were great and I'm happy I got most of what I ordered (unlike some who got nothing at all), but the lack of basic customer service was really astonishing--especially from a retailer that (had) a great reputation.
post #3455 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63AMG View Post

Well after receiving my 2 orders from Bespoke England at the end of December (placed orders end of November),I found each order was missing a pair. I emailed once a week and no response. Finally had to do a chargeback with my credit card today for the 2 pairs I was charged for but never received. Lame.

The shoes I did get were great and I'm happy I got most of what I ordered (unlike some who got nothing at all), but the lack of basic customer service was really astonishing--especially from a retailer that (had) a great reputation.

There is probably a reasonable explanation for this. Aren't they on SF? Did you try calling them?
post #3456 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

There is probably a reasonable explanation for this. Aren't they on SF? Did you try calling them?

This thread is littered with complaints such as this all stemming from a holiday sale. I think the conclusion was that bespoke england was selling shoes that they did not actually possess in stock and as such many people did not get their orders. In addition lack of communication and lack of refunds until initiated by the buyer were other issues.
I did not personally buy anything from there but it was hot topic for a while
post #3457 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

This thread is littered with complaints such as this all stemming from a holiday sale. I think the conclusion was that bespoke england was selling shoes that they did not actually possess in stock and as such many people did not get their orders. In addition lack of communication and lack of refunds until initiated by the buyer were other issues.
I did not personally buy anything from there but it was hot topic for a while

I see - that is a shame. Probably an issue of stretching oneself too thin.
post #3458 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

I see - that is a shame. Probably an issue of stretching oneself too thin.

Or bespoke england and the Lobb factory was not on the same page about what was actually available.
post #3459 of 4399
I received a refund from Nick for the unfulfilled parts of my Sale order. From what he told me before, the factory was selling stuff separately from his website leading to a disparity that took a while to sort out. I'm still waiting for a pair of overshoes that he says is on back order, and I'm confident that I'll get them in a couple of weeks.
post #3460 of 4399
^^All that is fine and dandy but the lack of communication for this length of time is unacceptable.
post #3461 of 4399
Oh, I'm not making excuses for him. I only just got my refund yesterday, which took too long and had to email him a few times about it.
post #3462 of 4399
Got shipping confirmation from Nick for a pair of brown city ii oxfords. Can't wait.
post #3463 of 4399

Does anyone have a a blue misty calf?  The thing almost looks black, just want to know how it ages.

post #3464 of 4399

Edited by justsayno - 1/30/16 at 8:20am
post #3465 of 4399

Are those PL?.  Did they come with those trees?.  Beautiful shoes and trees.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread