or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 217

post #3241 of 4399
Where did you get Lobb sneakers from?
post #3242 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Where did you get Lobb sneakers from?

I was visiting family in Houston Texas and they just opened a John Lobb store there. I did go there to try on shoes and get my fit down and I also picked up these sneakers. They have these in like 4 colors and then a sleeker version in another 3-4 colors. I believe they also have,high tops.

I am pretty sure you can also get these online from John Lobb
post #3243 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

Yes same size as EG 8.5E. These are actually 9 but they did not have 8.5 in store and I,wanted to walk out with a pair :-). They fit like sneakers so 0.5 diff really makes no diff i can really discern. They do also have another version which is a sneaker like and a little more sleek but i liked the plimsoles
I was looking at epulate sport trainer as casual/semi casual till I saw this will have to get them I wonder if you call them will they just mail you the shoe !
post #3244 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

I was looking at epulate sport trainer as casual/semi casual till I saw this will have to get them I wonder if you call them will they just mail you the shoe !

They will, I already asked them. They actually recommended that buy the shoes from Boston via phone and they would ship them, so i could save on sales tax, but i wanted them on the spot. They ship anywhere in the continental USA.
The phone is 713-961-0012. I think the phone on their website is wrong as it was not getting picked up. The above phone worked. They just opened up 1-2 mos ago so maybe the online directory is not updated yet. The guy i worked with was Danny, but i am sure anyone there could help.
post #3245 of 4399
Shoe Shine Sunday



post #3246 of 4399
I am gonna keep those lobbs in mind. They look like the Lanvin sneakers but I bet probably another couple hundred
post #3247 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I am gonna keep those lobbs in mind. They look like the Lanvin sneakers but I bet probably another couple hundred

You could ring the FS, they had 100s (!) there
post #3248 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I am gonna keep those lobbs in mind. They look like the Lanvin sneakers but I bet probably another couple hundred

I am not very familiar with Lanvin but the
The levah (plimsole) i believe was 675.
The also have the venton which will run about 875


post #3249 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

You could ring the FS, they had 100s (!) there

Sorry can you please elaborate "ring the FS". Is that a store
post #3250 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

Sorry can you please elaborate "ring the FS". Is that a store

Of course, FS = Factory Store in Northampton. They had shelves (!) full of them. Myself and @Murlsquirl paid a visit last month. We were in, out and back in the car inside 10 minutes
post #3251 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

They will, I already asked them. They actually recommended that buy the shoes from Boston via phone and they would ship them, so i could save on sales tax, but i wanted them on the spot. They ship anywhere in the continental USA.
The phone is 713-961-0012. I think the phone on their website is wrong as it was not getting picked up. The above phone worked. They just opened up 1-2 mos ago so maybe the online directory is not updated yet. The guy i worked with was Danny, but i am sure anyone there could help.
Thank you for posting the info doc
post #3252 of 4399
I took a quick look at those Lobb sneakers locally. Did not try them on since I was not that into them. If I were to go for that aesthetic, I would just buy Lanvins.
post #3253 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

I took a quick look at those Lobb sneakers locally. Did not try them on since I was not that into them. If I were to go for that aesthetic, I would just buy Lanvins.

You are the second person to mention Lanvin sneakers so i had to look it up. Yes similar plimsoles at similar price point (within 100 of each other). last/shape is different, and lanvin has many color options. You can probably even find them on sale for cheaper. Anyways many different shoe makers make plimsoles which are nice, so whatever floats your boat, just another option from JL.

Its funny bc i had never looked of any lanvin stuff as when i think of lanvin mens fashion i usually think of:



Or


Or

post #3254 of 4399
I mentioned the Lanvins because my brother tried a pair of Lanvins at Neimans that looked exactly like that
post #3255 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I mentioned the Lanvins because my brother tried a pair of Lanvins at Neimans that looked exactly like that

Thats actually the website i was at to look at them.
I am just waiting for EG to come with theirs any time now...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread