or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 215

post #3211 of 4399
^^ why does the double leather sole affect the heel slip?
post #3212 of 4399

Because it's quite sturdy pushing the heel outside of the shoe whilst walking. It does get better at some point after the "hinge" is made after some break in period. 

IMO, The William last is a tricky one. The heel area is way too shallow (It felt like half of my heel is exiting the shoe by just standing still) and the last itself is a generous one.

post #3213 of 4399
I actually find it to fit well because my foot is a bit wider so I prefer roomier lasts. I think its just due to the fact the shoe is new and the sole needs to be broken in
post #3214 of 4399

I don't know if you guys know.  Luffield changed its name to Archer.  I was given a photo and looks identical, don't know what they changed to require a name change.  It is still on the 8000 last.

post #3215 of 4399
I am not going to lie justinkapur those DM are very very nice. I would buy them but not sure were to start or go as far as sizing & store to buy them from.
post #3216 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post

I don't know if you guys know.  Luffield changed its name to Archer.  I was given a photo and looks identical, don't know what they changed to require a name change.  It is still on the 8000 last.

Interesting so it's a stock model again?
post #3217 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post


Interesting so it's a stock model again?

John Lobb Archer on the 8000 last.  I can see the stitching is a little bit different, but looks good to me!!

post #3218 of 4399
Any idea when the redesigned Luffiled will be released?
post #3219 of 4399

I believe they are taking orders MTO.

post #3220 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

I am not going to lie justinkapur those DM are very very nice. I would buy them but not sure were to start or go as far as sizing & store to buy them from.

Ttown since we are the same size. I am just returning from thr John Lobb store in Houstn and tried on a few shoes in 7000 last (city, phillip etc..). I wear 8.5 in EG and the 8.5 in Lobb also worked out best. I found the 7000 roomier on the instep and slightly wider in the forefoot than the 202. There is also less toe space in the Lobb.
Matter of fact in derby style i could almost size down to an 8 but not quite.
post #3221 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

I am not going to lie justinkapur those DM are very very nice. I would buy them but not sure were to start or go as far as sizing & store to buy them from.

If I were you, I would wait  to try them on first.  Tricky fitting.  

post #3222 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

Ttown since we are the same size. I am just returning from thr John Lobb store in Houstn and tried on a few shoes in 7000 last (city, phillip etc..). I wear 8.5 in EG and the 8.5 in Lobb also worked out best. I found the 7000 roomier on the instep and slightly wider in the forefoot than the 202. There is also less toe space in the Lobb.
Matter of fact in derby style i could almost size down to an 8 but not quite.
As much as the leather is amazing, I've accepted that JL doesn't work for me... Just like StC. It's bittersweet.
post #3223 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedDx View Post

As much as the leather is amazing, I've accepted that JL doesn't work for me... Just like StC. It's bittersweet.

After 45 min of trying on shoes i unfortunately came to the same decision about them also. Felt bad for the salesperson. I just could not get everything to line up right. I also found a lot of heel slip no matter how many i tried. EG is still the best fit for me. StCs is also good with minir instep adjustments but not like EG.

I may go backand get some of their fancy lobb sneakers. I did like those and they fit
post #3224 of 4399
Great reading as well everyone should dressing the man on their bookshelf.
post #3225 of 4399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post

If I were you, I would wait  to try them on first.  Tricky fitting.  
Thanks not planning on it even though that's one beautiful double monk.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread