or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 3

post #31 of 1470
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhuynh View Post


I really don't know. They just break-in in such a fantastic way. I end up loving them the more I wear them. Something about how it all molds around your foot over time. My partner has a pair of Philip II in museum calf. He wasn't sure at first. Now he can't believe how they feel on his feet. Loves 'em.

Makes sense, I just had to ask.

 

Thanks.

post #32 of 1470
my poor iPhone photo skills but here are some contributions









post #33 of 1470

I just shined up my City IIs. Ill throw up a picture of them on here tomorrow. 

post #34 of 1470
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgo View Post

my poor iPhone photo skills but here are some contributions
 

Nothing poor about these.

 

 

Thanks for sharing.

post #35 of 1470
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post

I just shined up my City IIs. Ill throw up a picture of them on here tomorrow. 

Look forward to seeing them.

 

Thanks.

post #36 of 1470
Not my shoes, but I liked them enough to save photos.




post #37 of 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Can anyone provide any information with regards to the various Lasts that John Lobb uses?

Check my tumblr. Will upload last comparison when I have time.

Generally speaking, loafer last for Lopez runs wide and deep at the heel and slightly wider than 7000/8000, which have the same width. 7000/8000 runs tolerable narrow and much more narrower/noticeable in cap toes


JL SJ PTB with folded in stitching at the tongue.
post #38 of 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyare View Post

A few quickies I found in the archives from my collection:



Nice collection. Love JL 2009 and plan to get an bespoke pair with pattern switch inside out so the balmoral line is inside/inward facing.
Edited by chogall - 2/23/13 at 2:05am
post #39 of 1470
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


Check my tumblr. Will upload last comparison when I have time.

Generally speaking, loafer last for Lopez runs wide and deep at the heel and slightly wider than 7000/8000, which have the same width. 7000/8000 runs tolerable narrow and much more narrower/noticeable in cap toes


JL SJ PTB with folded in stitching at the tongue.

Thanks for the information, I'll have to check that out.

post #40 of 1470

I love the 7000 last as a skinny foot myself, but it does tend to have plenty of  width around the ball area before and abrupt narrowing. The 8000 tends to more roundness. The 1105 last is similar to the 7000 but with less aggressive transitions, for lack of a better descriptor.  It's billed as the "new" 7000.

 

I only have cap toes, so I couldn't comment on any others.

post #41 of 1470
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gegarrenton View Post

I love the 7000 last as a skinny foot myself, but it does tend to have plenty of  width around the ball area before and abrupt narrowing. The 8000 tends to more roundness. The 1105 last is similar to the 7000 but with less aggressive transitions, for lack of a better descriptor.  It's billed as the "new" 7000.

 

I only have cap toes, so I couldn't comment on any others.

You wouldn't happen to know which shoes these Lasts typically go with would you?

post #42 of 1470

The only two JLs I own:

 

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

 

 

AppleMark

post #43 of 1470
Stunning. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #44 of 1470
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrakewell View Post

The only two JLs I own:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

Very nice.

post #45 of 1470
Thread Starter 

First pair,fresh out of the box.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread