Btw, after hearing the disappointing news, I went down to the Jermyn Street store today to find out just what's going on. This is what I was told:
1. Our resident goth chick, came up with this idea, that she didn't want anything with a "II" in the name anymore, because it wasn't in line with her "artistic direction" of tracing back John Lobb's roots. She wants everything to reflect the original walk John Lobb made from cornwall (hence the chunky, fashion soles) and she did not want there to be anything "updated" or "modern" in the John Lobb line up.
2. Said goth chick says she wants to discontinue (not even allow made to orders) any model with a "II" in it. Philip II, City II, Jodhpur II, William II etc all face the axe.
3. Management says WAIT A MINUTE. YOU CANT DISCONTINUE ALL OUR BEST SELLING SHOES.
4. Management says Phillip II and City II are staying.
5. Goth chick says but the William is the iconic double monk, not the William II. William is literally the first double monk shoe. We need to go back to our roots.
6. Management says, FINE. But we'll offer all the available colours we had on the William II on the William now (Saw Parisian Brown, Bracken and even Plum Museum in the William today).
7. Literally every single customer John Lobb has had protests this. It is RIDICULOUS to completely eradicate the William II from the line up (and not even allow a special order).
8. The decision now is that the William II will be available on a Made to Order basis, while the Williams will be in store.
9. Small point: Goth chick DISALLOWS anyone from making a special order William with the Brass/Copper buckles anymore (I wanted to special order a William II with brass/copper buckles for a vintage look).
10. I ask if goth chick is going to be fired anytime soon and I'm told no.
Thats the story folks!
Give it a couple years and they will have lost 50% or more of their loyal customers...........some of the new designs reminds you of the Prada and Gucci rubbish!!