or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Lobb Appreciation Thread - Page 186

post #2776 of 4403
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

Hot damn. US size 8, what do I go with for JL?
Size 7UK have fun biggrin.gif
post #2777 of 4403

 

What is it?.

 

What a disgrace.

post #2778 of 4403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post
 

 

What is it?.

 

What a disgrace.

 

Its a dirty baster son of monks and blucher that gives the designer the choice of leather strap or strings to strangle herself.

post #2779 of 4403
just kopped the William II from bespoke england.

Fingers crossed the sizing works. Im usually a 10D US so I bought the 9E
post #2780 of 4403
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

just kopped the William II from bespoke england.

Fingers crossed the sizing works. Im usually a 10D US so I bought the 9E

 

You will be fine.  It will be slightly more generous than 7000/8000 lasts as its country shoes.

post #2781 of 4403
the deals on bespoke england are amazing

can someone advise on JL sizing? haven't been able to find much info in this thread. I have wider feet

In Carmina I fit in the inca, robert, and xim (a bit tight) lasts in UK 5.5 (uetam, simpson, and alcudia don't work for me)
In EG, I fit in the 202 and 606 in UK6E in suede, and the 184 in UK6F

I'm considering the campus 12 loafer in UK5E or UK5.5E and the william in UK5.5E
post #2782 of 4403
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post
 

 

Size 7.

 

Want to plan a free fundraising trip to the Philippines?  I heard kidneys are in high demand.

 

Is this supposed to be a snide remark implying that I can't afford a JL shoe?

post #2783 of 4403
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchen View Post

the deals on bespoke england are amazing

can someone advise on JL sizing? haven't been able to find much info in this thread. I have wider feet

In Carmina I fit in the inca, robert, and xim (a bit tight) lasts in UK 5.5 (uetam, simpson, and alcudia don't work for me)
In EG, I fit in the 202 and 606 in UK6E in suede, and the 184 in UK6F

I'm considering the campus 12 loafer in UK5E or UK5.5E and the william in UK5.5E

EE width will work for you.

 

 Thought 9795 last (DM) should work on E width.

 

JL fitting is very tricky for wide feet.

post #2784 of 4403
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post
 

 

Is this supposed to be a snide remark implying that I can't afford a JL shoe?

 

NOpe.

post #2785 of 4403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post

EE width will work for you.

 Thought 9795 last (DM) should work on E width.

JL fitting is very tricky for wide feet.

thanks. do you think the UK5.5 will work?

edit: should have just bought it! someone bought the william before me. ended up buying the truro tassel loafer in UK5.5EE instead.
Edited by cchen - 11/20/15 at 1:45am
post #2786 of 4403
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

just kopped the William II from bespoke england.

Fingers crossed the sizing works. Im usually a 10D US so I bought the 9E

Hope your feet are different than mine. I am a UK9 in all JL lasts, but when I ordered the William II, I had to return them as the heel slip was so massive my feet were jumping out, so half size smaller is def. what I need on William generous last.

FWIW, I am a UK9 in all Crockett Jones lasts and a UK 9.5 E in Edward Green.

post #2787 of 4403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

Hope your feet are different than mine. I am a UK9 in all JL lasts, but when I ordered the William II, I had to return them as the heel slip was so massive my feet were jumping out, so half size smaller is def. what I need on William generous last.

FWIW, I am a UK9 in all Crockett Jones lasts and a UK 9.5 E in Edward Green.

I am UK 8.5 in  EG (606) and CJ.  I tried 8.5 E for DM. WII and had heel slippage.  Finally I ordered a UK8. Hopefully next month they are here so I will report.

post #2788 of 4403

Very nice prices guys! I ordered the jodphur II in black and museum  brown :)

post #2789 of 4403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Hope your feet are different than mine. I am a UK9 in all JL lasts, but when I ordered the William II, I had to return them as the heel slip was so massive my feet were jumping out, so half size smaller is def. what I need on William generous last.


FWIW, I am a UK9 in all Crockett Jones lasts and a UK 9.5 E in Edward Green.

I hope our feet are different for that reason. My EG Size is 9.5E as well but I usually have to stretch the toe box just a bit.

I tried on JL at barneys and the 8.5 was too tight so here's to hoping it fits me!
post #2790 of 4403
Ordered camberley.

Finger crossed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › John Lobb Appreciation Thread