or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Can You Recommend A Cologne For The "Sophisticated" Man
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can You Recommend A Cologne For The "Sophisticated" Man - Page 9

post #121 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by confp990 View Post
Go with 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by confp990 View Post
i use channel allure homme sport -- its amazing!

WTF, you revived a 3 year old thread asking for personal rec's to say that?
Sheet, I got about halfway through and then realized. Uh!
jeez, learn how to internet people


PS - my rec would have been to try some guerlain's
post #122 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
WTF, you revived a 3 year old thread asking for personal rec's to say that?
Sheet, I got about halfway through and then realized. Uh!
jeez, learn how to internet people


PS - my rec would have been to try some guerlain's

Does Guerlain make Drakkar Dynamik? If so, then I agree with your recommendation.
If I had found this thread, I would have revived it just to make that recommendation. That's how good Guerlain Drakkar Dynamik is.
post #123 of 141
i'm not much for cologne, but south willard sells penhaligon's blenheim bouquet. haven't smelled anything else like it. what else is similar?
post #124 of 141
great thread.

who wants to list 5 or so decent scents centred around light cedar wood? and apart from that on the fresh/lighter side?

further to that, would you agree as a short and light blond bloke musky stuff will seem out of place on me? for the same reason I've stayed away from oriental (vanilla, orchid etc) so far, but I could be convinced otherwise I guess.
post #125 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by amar View Post
great thread. who wants to list 5 or so decent scents centred around light cedar wood? and apart from that on the fresh/lighter side? further to that, would you agree as a short and light blond bloke musky stuff will seem out of place on me? for the same reason I've stayed away from oriental (vanilla, orchid etc) so far, but I could be convinced otherwise I guess.
Not a fan of vanilla in fragrances either. Musk itself is fine. Kiehls Musk (after the 30 min drydown) is really good and reasonably affordable. You must wait half an hour before you can make a decision on this stuff. Fresh/Light - Creed Aventus, Millesime Imperial, Gendarme, Acqua di Gio, Cool Water Cedar - Tam Dao, Rose 31, Bois de Cedrat, zirh corduroy
post #126 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by amar View Post
great thread.

who wants to list 5 or so decent scents centred around light cedar wood? and apart from that on the fresh/lighter side?

further to that, would you agree as a short and light blond bloke musky stuff will seem out of place on me? for the same reason I've stayed away from oriental (vanilla, orchid etc) so far, but I could be convinced otherwise I guess.

Do you people really chose their genre of scent based on their stature & appearance???

Wear what you like.

ps - if you like cedar, try Cartier Declaration.
post #127 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
Do you people really chose their genre of scent based on their stature & appearance???
I'm not saying everyone has too of course, but you'd choose your clothes' colour and cut to match your looks wouldn't you? Why not scents? Thanks for your tip btw, going to sample the various Declaration varieties tomorrow. But anyhow, the thing that got me onto cedar in the first place was that lately I've been using this tea tree product for my face, beard more specifically, and it works really well. I was thinking I'd switch to something that would go with that smell. But then again, there might be scents out there even closer to tea tree? Personally I'd define tea tree as eucalyptus like with a hint of cumin. Any suggestions?
post #128 of 141
Ayo I've been rocking CDG2MAN for like 3-4 years now. It's my every day scent, but I'm getting tired of it and I need some new semi-low key shit. Nothing you can copy at Macy's you smell me?

Do I go really classic with some Creed Green Irish Tweed or mix it up with something modern and interesting. I really love the CDG2Man and I love the low-key aspect of it... any reco's for something similar are much obliged.
post #129 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by amar View Post
But then again, there might be scents out there even closer to tea tree? Personally I'd define tea tree as eucalyptus like with a hint of cumin.

Any suggestions?

Body Kouros
post #130 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_state View Post
Ayo I've been rocking CDG2MAN for like 3-4 years now. It's my every day scent, but I'm getting tired of it and I need some new semi-low key shit. Nothing you can copy at Macy's you smell me?

Do I go really classic with some Creed Green Irish Tweed or mix it up with something modern and interesting. I really love the CDG2Man and I love the low-key aspect of it... any reco's for something similar are much obliged.

CDG 2Man is indeed manly.

I think anything woodsy or with musk is getting sophisticated.
post #131 of 141
Acqua di Parma works pretty well, if you want a light scent.
post #132 of 141
Alford Hoff I get comments all day on it. http://www.alfordandhoff.com/store/eaudetoilette.html
post #133 of 141
..
post #134 of 141
..
post #135 of 141
BUMP!
Not sure how much CdG 2 Eau de Toilette to spray on. It seems to wear off really quickly on me, which is weird since several reviews consider it long lasting.

I´ve been using three sprays or so around the neck area. Not enough?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Can You Recommend A Cologne For The "Sophisticated" Man