or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 652

post #9766 of 12858
If you can try them on, then go with what fits you and allows for some change. People keep forgetting that jeans don't magically stretch. They only stretch where there is tension. The only reason why people are getting their denim to stretch 123456789 sizes is because they size down so much. The stretching wouldn't be apparent if the jeans were properly sized to begin with. The nonsense of wearing a pair of jeans only half buttoned until they stretch is ridiculous. Clearly the cut isn't for you. If you want something slimmer, find another cut or find something that fits your build.

For those interested since I was probably among the first to buy the black pairs this season, the 26 new standards fit me more or less the same as a 27 petit standards. The 27 top block eventually got too loose so I sold them and went with a 26 new standard. I've never worn raw indigo APC, but my raw black size is 26. It's about 28.5" where my jeans sit, and I'm about 5'6", 130lbs with a lean/athletic build. This isn't the best picture, but it's a recent one with that gives you a rough idea of how it fits me: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11470&g2_serialNumber=3
post #9767 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineohtoo View Post

If you can try them on, then go with what fits you and allows for some change. People keep forgetting that jeans don't magically stretch. They only stretch where there is tension. The only reason why people are getting their denim to stretch 123456789 sizes is because they size down so much. The stretching wouldn't be apparent if the jeans were properly sized to begin with. The nonsense of wearing a pair of jeans only half buttoned until they stretch is ridiculous. Clearly the cut isn't for you. If you want something slimmer, find another cut or find something that fits your build.
For those interested since I was probably among the first to buy the black pairs this season, the 26 new standards fit me more or less the same as a 27 petit standards. The 27 top block eventually got too loose so I sold them and went with a 26 new standard. I've never worn raw indigo APC, but my raw black size is 26. It's about 28.5" where my jeans sit, and I'm about 5'6", 130lbs with a lean/athletic build. This isn't the best picture, but it's a recent one with that gives you a rough idea of how it fits me: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11470&g2_serialNumber=3

sry to bother u, but curious how it fit u when u just had it or tried the new one? button easily?
 

 

post #9768 of 12858
So you're rocking black new standards in the picture?
Thanks
post #9769 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

I wonder what my new standard size is now.. I have a size 32 NS that is a bit too roomy and a size 31 PS that fits good.


probably a 30 i would imagine. i think PS is usualy a size up on NS, no?

post #9770 of 12858
Bit off topic but is denim therapy any good?
Do you think they could patch up some denim that has a weird paint stain on it? (I have original denim scraps)
post #9771 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Bit off topic but is denim therapy any good?
Do you think they could patch up some denim that has a weird paint stain on it? (I have original denim scraps)

I've sent in some denim to be repaired by Denim Therapy and didn't have the best experience. The work done was fine but I didn't feel there was enough communication. There was a delay and I had to email a few times for them to update me on the status of the pair I sent in.
post #9772 of 12858
Ok so just to reconfirm, the selvedge black APC PS in size 30 measures to 32" exactly?
post #9773 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Ok so just to reconfirm, the selvedge black APC PS in size 30 measures to 32" exactly?

Waist :41.5cm
Thigh: 28.5cm
Hem: 17cm
this is the measurement of my new ps black 31. Unworn
post #9774 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian L View Post

Waist :41.5cm
Thigh: 28.5cm
Hem: 17cm
this is the measurement of my new ps black 31. Unworn

guhhhhhh, this causes all sorts of confusion
post #9775 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob_G View Post

black petit standard & cps
561

Damn CP's look great.
post #9776 of 12858
hey is anybody interested in buying a pair of indigo apc petit standard in size 27? they're worn for about 2 weeks, but they're just too tight for me.. message me if you're interested. smile.gif
post #9777 of 12858
Stopped into APC in Shoreditch today to try on the black selvedge PS denim. Good news, fit exactly the same as my raw PS indigos when I first put them on, maybe a tad looser even. I'd recommend taking your raw PS size for the blacks, I will be
post #9778 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Stopped into APC in Shoreditch today to try on the black selvedge PS denim. Good news, fit exactly the same as my raw PS indigos when I first put them on, maybe a tad looser even. I'd recommend taking your raw PS size for the blacks, I will be


lol dat's what im gana du tmr!!

post #9779 of 12858
Anyone have any experience with the APC Madras New Standard? Saw them at UO online and a lighter fabric might be welcome here in the south. I can't find anything about them anywhere else.
post #9780 of 12858
Interested in getting a pair of New Standard Raw as my first foray into raw and selvedge. If I am ordinarily somewhere around 33 or 34 in jeans and slacks, what would be the right size? Where is the best place to buy i.e. best price?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.