or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 505

post #7561 of 12774
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
After roughly how many wears will it take for APCs to stretch out in the waist a bit? From what I've read on here, it sounds like they stretch relatively quick with only a few wears.

it's all based on the tension you're putting on them. I stretched out a pair 1.5" in the waist in 5 minutes... ended up sell them though because the legs were too tight (even for my tiny legs )
post #7562 of 12774
post #7563 of 12774
Hey guys I've had a good lurk in this thread but couldn't find exactly what I was after. I'm about to buy some New Standards but am a little confused by the sizing. My true waist is 35" - I'm thinking maybe I should go with size 30? I prefer a somewhat tighter fit. I should also mention that I'm about 155lbs / 5'10"
post #7564 of 12774
Hi Folks! I'm sure this has been covered... so I apologize for asking again. Where can you find APC denim is the Toronto area. I actually live in Kitchener/Waterloo... but I assume Toronto would be the most likely place to find them. Thanks!
post #7565 of 12774
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredtomas View Post
Hey guys I've had a good lurk in this thread but couldn't find exactly what I was after.

I'm about to buy some New Standards but am a little confused by the sizing. My true waist is 35" - I'm thinking maybe I should go with size 30? I prefer a somewhat tighter fit.

I should also mention that I'm about 155lbs / 5'10"

true waist as in above your bellybutton is 35"? that seems kind of big given your height/weight. i'm the same height/weight and my true waist is 31"

if you're talking about around your hips where you wear your jeans being 35" then yeah 30 sounds about right, but also check the thigh measurements. if you have skinny thighs but you want a tight fit, it may be prudent to size down more, or choose a slimmer fit.
post #7566 of 12774
Thanks for the reply! Sorry by "true waist" - I did mean around my hips.
post #7567 of 12774
Greetings,

Yesterday I treated myself to pair of APC Petit Standards in a 31 waist. They are comfortable and easy enough to wear without cutting of any circulation. Upon reading this thread and another one about APC denim care, I realized maybe getting a comfortable size wasn't such a good idea because of the amount of stretching APC jeans have been known to do. So here's my problem; is there a way to ensure the jeans will still fit me (I do not like baggy jeans nor am I a fan of skinny jeans) 2 or 3 weeks from now?

I read something about throwing them in the dryer to make them shrink. What effects does this method have on the denim's color if any?
Your help is greatly needed and appreciated.



V
post #7568 of 12774
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssleepyz View Post
Hm my New Standards stretched out in about 5-6 wears, but each time I wore them, I wore em for at least 6-7 hours. Lots of walking and sitting.
About how much did they stretch out by? 1''?

Right now they're pretty tight around the waist.
post #7569 of 12774
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
About how much did they stretch out by? 1''?

Right now they're pretty tight around the waist.

give them time, they'll stretch until they're not tight anymore, maximum of about 3" or 4" if you push them.

when mine were new, they took maybe a week or two of daily wear to get most of the stretch out, maybe a month until they were fully stretched.
post #7570 of 12774
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_r View Post
give them time, they'll stretch until they're not tight anymore, maximum of about 3" or 4" if you push them.

when mine were new, they took maybe a week or two of daily wear to get most of the stretch out, maybe a month until they were fully stretched.

They were pretty tight before, and now they are snug. So about an inch because I no longer have any resistance buttoning em.
post #7571 of 12774
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.orange View Post
Greetings,

Yesterday I treated myself to pair of APC Petit Standards in a 31 waist. They are comfortable and easy enough to wear without cutting of any circulation. Upon reading this thread and another one about APC denim care, I realized maybe getting a comfortable size wasn't such a good idea because of the amount of stretching APC jeans have been known to do. So here's my problem; is there a way to ensure the jeans will still fit me (I do not like baggy jeans nor am I a fan of skinny jeans) 2 or 3 weeks from now?

I read something about throwing them in the dryer to make them shrink. What effects does this method have on the denim's color if any?
Your help is greatly needed and appreciated.



V

hey yah, you should have sized 1 or 2 down to ensure a proper fit. your best bet now is to give it soaks when they stretch out a bit too much, stretching will shrink the jeans a little bit and make it more rigid again without too much color loss. i'd stay away from the drying machine though if i were you.. drying machine causes major shrinkage in the waist and inseam and it's hard to tell how much, drying machine will also take out all the rigidness of your jeans making them soft and flimsy. just give it a soak here and there and hopefully they won't stretch out too much! good luck!
post #7572 of 12774
Just remember jeans won't stretch if there is no tension to begin with.
post #7573 of 12774
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdenim View Post
hey yah, you should have sized 1 or 2 down to ensure a proper fit. your best bet now is to give it soaks when they stretch out a bit too much, stretching will shrink the jeans a little bit and make it more rigid again without too much color loss. i'd stay away from the drying machine though if i were you.. drying machine causes major shrinkage in the waist and inseam and it's hard to tell how much, drying machine will also take out all the rigidness of your jeans making them soft and flimsy. just give it a soak here and there and hopefully they won't stretch out too much! good luck!

Shoot. So should I use Woolite in this instance? I'm not a slob so my jeans tend to stay pretty clean.
post #7574 of 12774
if you're washing and wanna limit indigo loss then yah, but for soaking you don't necessarily need to add soap you could just let it sit in some warm water for a little, hang dry it, and you're good to go.
post #7575 of 12774
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89andy View Post
Just remember jeans won't stretch if there is no tension to begin with.
quote this again

all the confusion about sizing down or sticking to your tts.

aside from wanting well fitting jeans, the two extremes are if wanting jeggings or baggy jeans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.