or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 851

post #12751 of 12785
why not try ordering both a 29 and 30 from a place like nordstroms and see what you like

how it fits at first is pretty much how it's gonna fit even after a lot of wears since stretching, while it does happen, is often exaggerated by people
post #12752 of 12785
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post

why not try ordering both a 29 and 30 from a place like nordstroms and see what you like

how it fits at first is pretty much how it's gonna fit even after a lot of wears since stretching, while it does happen, is often exaggerated by people

hi Masshi..I live in London and there is an APC store here, so that's not an issue. however, I have tried twice now (both times taking the advice of APC) but both times the jeans have ended up uncomrtably tight..
I can try them on again in store, of course the larger size will feel better but I wanted to avoid the jeans looking oversized after stretch..
post #12753 of 12785

Does anyone know the back rise measurement for the current cut of the New Standard in size 30 or 31?

post #12754 of 12785

Hi,

 

I am looking to buy APC white tennis shoes.

 

http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,3775.html?nav=men&subnav=shoes

 

I wear a size 40 Spring Court. Would I be a size 40 for APC as well? If so, APC website is out of my size.

 

Do you know of anywhere that sells these shoes with size 40 in stock? I checked a dozen websites and they're all out of 40...

 

Edit: Also, how much bigger is a 41 compared to 40? Is it really the different between US size 7 and 8? I'm wondering if I can just get the 41 and comfortably wear it...

 

Thanks in advance.

post #12755 of 12785
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapdolee View Post
 

Hi,

 

I am looking to buy APC white tennis shoes.

 

http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,3775.html?nav=men&subnav=shoes

 

I wear a size 40 Spring Court. Would I be a size 40 for APC as well? If so, APC website is out of my size.

 

Do you know of anywhere that sells these shoes with size 40 in stock? I checked a dozen websites and they're all out of 40...

 

Edit: Also, how much bigger is a 41 compared to 40? Is it really the different between US size 7 and 8? I'm wondering if I can just get the 41 and comfortably wear it...

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Does anyone know if these are the same ones?

 

http://www.nittygrittystore.com/men/footwear/leather-tennis-sneaker-white

 

They look more like ivory than white...

post #12756 of 12785

After three months of wear with my New Standards, I've determined I need to look for a different brand or cut of jeans. The thighs are a very ideal fit, but there is an excessive amount of fabric in the seat that billows/puffs out while standing; makes my ass look disproportionately large. I can't size down because the thighs will be too tight then. The jeans are 32, I'm a 32 waist.

 

If anyone has experienced something similar, would you recommend me a brand/cut that ended up working for you? Something snug in the seat/waist while also comfortably snug in the thighs. Thank you.

post #12757 of 12785
For
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post

After three months of wear with my New Standards, I've determined I need to look for a different brand or cut of jeans. The thighs are a very ideal fit, but there is an excessive amount of fabric in the seat that billows/puffs out while standing; makes my ass look disproportionately large. I can't size down because the thighs will be too tight then. The jeans are 32, I'm a 32 waist.

If anyone has experienced something similar, would you recommend me a brand/cut that ended up working for you? Something snug in the seat/waist while also comfortably snug in the thighs. Thank you.
some reason, I noticed in a lot of apc fit pics, the bottom rear pockets protrude and there is a little fold that forms in that area. The PNS pair that I have does the same thing
post #12758 of 12785
ditto, though I wonder if it's something about the cut or maybe just a particular body shape and movement
post #12759 of 12785
PNS sizing question:

- I'm somewhere between a true 30 and 31 but closer to 31

- I wear 28 in NS Raw and it fits very well - hard to button when i first bought them and after 12 months they are very comfortable and fit is good

- I wear 28 in PS Black (non-raw) and it's pretty much painted on, tight when i bought them and ball busting when i sit down...

- Plan to buy PNS because I like the fit of my NS Raw but want a bit more taper from the knee down.

What size do I buy for PNS Raw?

My first guess would be 29 from what I've read on this thread.

Also has anyone converted from NS to PNS and been happy?
post #12760 of 12785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzi View Post

PNS sizing question:

- I'm somewhere between a true 30 and 31 but closer to 31

- I wear 28 in NS Raw and it fits very well - hard to button when i first bought them and after 12 months they are very comfortable and fit is good

- I wear 28 in PS Black (non-raw) and it's pretty much painted on, tight when i bought them and ball busting when i sit down...

- Plan to buy PNS because I like the fit of my NS Raw but want a bit more taper from the knee down.

What size do I buy for PNS Raw?

My first guess would be 29 from what I've read on this thread.

Also has anyone converted from NS to PNS and been happy?

 

hi,

 

I'm kinda new here. What do people mean when they say a true 30? The actual waist measurements in inches or a size 30 for most brands?

 

If it's the latter, I'm a little surprised because I wear a size 30 for brands like J Crew but can only barely fit into APC NS and PS 29.

 

As for your question, I wear 29 NS and PS and tried on a 29 PNS (non-raw) before and it was a good fit. Raw might have been harder to fit in though.

post #12761 of 12785

Just bought me a pair of NS. Why the hell is the leg so long? For such an expensive pair of pant , its in-exusable not to sell it in a 32 inch leg. The norm should really be 32 leg , not 34.

 

Does the leg shrink up if you soak like 501s?? I know you can roll them up or bring them to a tailors but why should you spend more coin on a pant you just bought?

 

I don't want to go to the tailor. Im ready to roll now.

post #12762 of 12785

^Lol 

post #12763 of 12785
Why did you buy them if they don't fit the way you wanted them to?
post #12764 of 12785

Finally washed my NS after 6 months in a front loaded washing machine with Woolite black on the delicate setting.  Hung them up to dry after.  They look like absolute dog shit now.  No fading at all - a really nasty rough dark denim color.  Some shit you would get from Wrangler at Walmart.

 

Also, one word of advice.  If these are tight around the crotch/seat, they will BARELY stretch enough to be comfortable enough to justify for everyday wear.  The only place these jeans (NS) stretch are the top of the waistline.  I would suggest buying another/fit brand.  So if they feel painfully tight in the store in that area, walk away.  At least this was the case for me...


Edited by mljs54 - 7/2/14 at 4:25pm
post #12765 of 12785
or just size up
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.