or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 849

post #12721 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post

if you dont mind me asking what is your true waist size? I'm 30 and NS 26 crushes my penis and phone.

Roughly a 28. At least on a good day.
post #12722 of 12855
for reference, I'm 5'6 135 actual waist is about 30, so usually a 28 for vanity size purposes. I sized down to a 26 for petite standards and they're pretty much ball breakers, and I've got fairly slim thighs. So probably should have gone for the 27's, meaning size down 3 from waist and 1 from normal vanity sizing, ie they'll stretch out one inch.
post #12723 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

for reference, I'm 5'6 135 actual waist is about 30, so usually a 28 for vanity size purposes. I sized down to a 26 for petite standards and they're pretty much ball breakers, and I've got fairly slim thighs. So probably should have gone for the 27's, meaning size down 3 from waist and 1 from normal vanity sizing, ie they'll stretch out one inch.

wait, haven't apc's had a change in size, so now they're vanity sized by 1 size?
post #12724 of 12855
Found a brand new pair of rescues with tags for 50 bucks on ebay. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #12725 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post

yes it'll be noticeable. i'm afraid 27 will look like cheap mondays on you. on you. what's your weight n height if u dont mind me asking?
Bout 5'5 138 lbs athletic/stocky build
post #12726 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post

wait, haven't apc's had a change in size, so now they're vanity sized by 1 size?

huh, I dont know about that. Maybe there's been a change. I bought my PS's this fall winter, so within the past year or two max (even if they were made a year or two ago). Just trying to add another data point. If there's new measurements and sizing etc then great, so be it.
post #12727 of 12855

What are some good alternatives to APC? I own a pair of Petit New Standards and they are my first pair of raw denim and I like them. But they are a bit too skinny. I thought the NS was too baggy. Below are some pics when I tried on the NS in store.

 

 

 

Wants:

-Similar price range, higher is ok if quality is better

-slim throughout leg with some taper

-minimal branding (e.g. stitching across pockets, large logo patch on waist)

 

I may consider just buying a pair of NS one size smaller than the pictured pair and tailoring the fit to my liking but I like to branch out into different brands.

post #12728 of 12855
"I own a pair of Petit New Standards and they are my first pair of raw denim and I like them. But they are a bit too skinny. I thought the NS was too baggy. "

exactly my problem. tried to solve it by buying the NS sized down 4 hoping they'd strecth but they are. still. too. tight.
post #12729 of 12855

Guys, I just bought NS and I typically wear a 31 waist.  I bought two pairs from Nordstrom which arrived in the mail.  A 28 and a 29.  Now the 29 fits pretty well in the waist/crotch area.  It is tight but I can button it up with no issues.  The 28 fits very snug and I can barely button the top button.  I can feel the stretch in the waist area.  Now I have read the posts and I am aware that it will go up around 2 sizes so the waist should be OK.  But my question is the seat and crotch is very tight.  I have trouble lifting my legs as well due to this tightness.  Is this normal?  Should I keep the 29s which do not have this issue.  Not sure how the stretch comes into play for these area as well.  

 

Thanks I am an APC newbie.

post #12730 of 12855
take the 29


stretching on these is exaggerated

when you read people saying that their jeans stretched out 1 or 2 or however many sizes, they're almost always only going off the waist

places like the crotch, thigh, etc. will only ever stretch negligibly
post #12731 of 12855
@ktown

did you ever try the regular PS
post #12732 of 12855
Quote:

Originally Posted by blue123 View Post

 

The 28 fits very snug and I can barely button the top button.  I can feel the stretch in the waist area.  Now I have read the posts and I am aware that it will go up around 2 sizes so the waist should be OK.  But my question is the seat and crotch is very tight.  I have trouble lifting my legs as well due to this tightness.  Is this normal?  Should I keep the 29s which do not have this issue.  Not sure how the stretch comes into play for these area as well.  

 

 

I don't have too much personal experience with NS (I wear PS) but it sounds like you should go with the 29. My general rule of thumb is to go down to the point where you can still button them all the way up but if you have trouble lifting your legs, then you are probably one size smaller than you should be.

 

I sized down two with my PS and they're perfect. If I was in between sizes, as it sounds like you might be, I'd go up rather than down. The waist will stretch out but the other parts of the jeans will not stretch all that much.

post #12733 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post

@ktown

did you ever try the regular PS

 

Yes, those were tight as hell. I could button it up but it was a struggle. I already own the PNS which is a little roomier than the PS and they are fine. I am looking for something a tiny bit roomier than the PNS.

post #12734 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue123 View Post
 

Guys, I just bought NS and I typically wear a 31 waist.  I bought two pairs from Nordstrom which arrived in the mail.  A 28 and a 29.  Now the 29 fits pretty well in the waist/crotch area.  It is tight but I can button it up with no issues.  The 28 fits very snug and I can barely button the top button.  I can feel the stretch in the waist area.  Now I have read the posts and I am aware that it will go up around 2 sizes so the waist should be OK.  But my question is the seat and crotch is very tight.  I have trouble lifting my legs as well due to this tightness.  Is this normal?  Should I keep the 29s which do not have this issue.  Not sure how the stretch comes into play for these area as well.  

 

Thanks I am an APC newbie.

 

Look at my pics above. Those are 29 NS and I am TTS 31. I had no trouble buttoning it up and that's why I thought they were a bit baggy. I may have smaller top block than you though so I personally would size down to a 28 and may find it comfy whereas you are saying they're tight as fuck. If it's that tight, I would stick with the 29's.

post #12735 of 12855
How's the stretch going on those 28s so far?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.