or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 845

post #12661 of 12862

I bought these apc ns online so i dont know how the fit is going to look on me. Should hv bought sz 30 instead. Guess I have to gain more weight then. Bring on those Big Macs! lol

post #12662 of 12862
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post
 

I'm approaching 5 months now and thinking of doing a soak. What's the best way to do it without making the overall indigo shade of the jeans lighter? I'd like to have just the fades without losing the dark indigo color. Right now they only have creases, no apparently fading yet.


I also want to wash/soak my jeans for the first time. I've been wearing my PNS for 9 months and the fabric is starting to feel a little dirty to me. I've heard soaking with Woolite Black is the way to keep the dark color, but I think I'm just going to use regular laundry detergent. I also don't have a bathtub (only shower) so I'm going to just fold the jeans up and soak them in a bucket. I know my conditions aren't ideal but I'm also not a huge OCD type with my clothes.

post #12663 of 12862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktown View Post


I also want to wash/soak my jeans for the first time. I've been wearing my PNS for 9 months and the fabric is starting to feel a little dirty to me. I've heard soaking with Woolite Black is the way to keep the dark color, but I think I'm just going to use regular laundry detergent. I also don't have a bathtub (only shower) so I'm going to just fold the jeans up and soak them in a bucket. I know my conditions aren't ideal but I'm also not a huge OCD type with my clothes.

just fill up your washer with cold water, put a litttttttle bit of detergent and soak the jeans in the washer for a couple minutes (dont start the machine, just do it manually), remove and hang at vertical. That's how I would do it.
post #12664 of 12862
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagorob64 View Post
 

Does anyone know what other brands have fits like APC's Petite Standard?  I've tried so many brands and they're all too baggy.  I appreciate the help/advice. 

Acne Max (slim) and Acne Ace (slimmer) are very similar.

 

Also rag & bone RB23 as well as a J.Brand Tyler.

post #12665 of 12862
So I've been owning these New Standards for about 2.5 months (not my everyday pants, probably 15-20 wears total). I sized down 3 and they felt OK, until I gained some weight recently so basically they're 4 size down now and it's starting to feel uncomfortable especially when I'm sitting down (the fit is still fine). Should I throw the towel? I heard a guy who sized down 5 in NS and survived though wow.gif
post #12666 of 12862
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post

I heard a guy who sized down 5 in NS and survived though wow.gif

this sounds like some kind of urban legend/freaky Halloween story. lol8[1].gif he sized down FIVE and SURVIVED!
post #12667 of 12862
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafe88 View Post

I bought these apc ns online so i dont know how the fit is going to look on me. Should hv bought sz 30 instead. Guess I have to gain more weight then. Bring on those Big Macs! lol

Get a gym membership and start working out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post

So I've been owning these New Standards for about 2.5 months (not my everyday pants, probably 15-20 wears total). I sized down 3 and they felt OK, until I gained some weight recently so basically they're 4 size down now and it's starting to feel uncomfortable especially when I'm sitting down (the fit is still fine). Should I throw the towel? I heard a guy who sized down 5 in NS and survived though wow.gif

It was with the old sizing, I doubt you can do that today.

I don't get how people can size down more than one and still have their nuts hanging outside of their body.
post #12668 of 12862
old sized apc's still exist? i bought mine from an official partner store in singapore earlier this year
post #12669 of 12862

Got a lot of tap water spilt on the bum area of my new cures, when they dried as i was wearing them it considerably stretched out the area.

 

I've only had them a week so they haven't started to fade, was just wondering if I did a hot soak to shrink the area back down, would it stop them from fading properly in future?

 

Thanks a lot

post #12670 of 12862
if you want high contrast fades then i wouldn't

also, you'd lose the stiffness of the denim, which also contributes to better fading
post #12671 of 12862

Long shot, but would anyone happen to have some hemmed parts of APCs they'd be willing to part with? I put off darning my APC PNS when they started to show signs of weakness about a month ago and now there's a straight up 2" by 2" hole that requires patching.  A 3" by 3" piece or larger would be idea.

I will, of course, pay for shipping and your troubles.

post #12672 of 12862
25% off APC (basically everything) at East Dane.
post #12673 of 12862
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaysoy View Post

25% off APC (basically everything) at East Dane.

APC was excluded when I tried
post #12674 of 12862
post #12675 of 12862

If the rag & bone jays in a 31 are too tight for me, how should I size in the PS and NS? My waist size is a 32

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.