or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 840

post #12586 of 12832

what's the fit difference between the NS, PS, & PNS? I've read a lot of different things about the Petit New Standard, but if they're in between the NS and PS they're probably perfect for me, so I'd really like to know

post #12587 of 12832
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbymilwaukee View Post

what's the fit difference between the NS, PS, & PNS? I've read a lot of different things about the Petit New Standard, but if they're in between the NS and PS they're probably perfect for me, so I'd really like to know


ns is a straight tapered cut

ps is a slim tapered cut

pns has the longer rise of the ns (vs. the ps) and tapers very heavily according to people's experiences on here

some actually say that they can't even feel the difference in the rise
post #12588 of 12832
Question: how does the Acne Max fit compared to the APC PS? Debating between the two of them for a pair of black jeans. Seems the Max are a little less slim/tapered?
post #12589 of 12832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt View Post

Question: how does the Acne Max fit compared to the APC PS? Debating between the two of them for a pair of black jeans. Seems the Max are a little less slim/tapered?

If you're looking at the Acne Max Cash, it fits awesome and has a little give to it.

 

My pairs of PS are much snugger in the seat and thigh with a slightly lower rise.  I think they have about the same leg opening though.  Right around 14 inches is my guess.  I could measure for you later though.

 

I like my Acne Max better FWIW.

post #12590 of 12832
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettdudley View Post

If you're looking at the Acne Max Cash, it fits awesome and has a little give to it.

My pairs of PS are much snugger in the seat and thigh with a slightly lower rise.  I think they have about the same leg opening though.  Right around 14 inches is my guess.  I could measure for you later though.

I like my Acne Max better FWIW.

Yep, Max Cash is it.

Hm. What I was looking for was something with a slightly lower (or same) rise and a little less snug than the PS. Seems the Max Cash fits half that bill. The measurements on Acne's website vs. those on Context for APC indicate the rise on the Max should be lower than the PS...
post #12591 of 12832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt View Post


Yep, Max Cash is it.

Hm. What I was looking for was something with a slightly lower (or same) rise and a little less snug than the PS. Seems the Max Cash fits half that bill. The measurements on Acne's website vs. those on Context for APC indicate the rise on the Max should be lower than the PS...

I'll reevaluate when I get home.  I might just be thinking that because they're more comfortable in the seat and thigh so they fit in the waist better.  (No extra fabric doing that thing it sometimes does in the back.)

post #12592 of 12832
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettdudley View Post

I'll reevaluate when I get home.  I might just be thinking that because they're more comfortable in the seat and thigh so they fit in the waist better.  (No extra fabric doing that thing it sometimes does in the back.)

Awesome. Thanks.
post #12593 of 12832

I've owned my APC PNS's for about 7 months. No wash yet. I only wear them on weekends as I have a business casual office job M-F. The thighs fit fine (maybe have stretched slightly?). There is knee bulge which many people experience. The calves however are very slim and look weird to me considering the knee bulge. Would jamming some towels in the calf area help stretch just that part out? I want an even pant leg but right now it looks fine from the thigh to the knee, and then due to the bulge, the calf just looks too slim.

post #12594 of 12832

I like the way the NS denim looks in the pictures on the nordstrom model.

 

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/a-p-c-new-standard-slim-straight-leg-selvedge-jeans-indigo/3262070

 

How would I acquire this look? Assuming the inseam is 34-35" and mine is between 29-30". I'm not really a fan of stacking or cuffing, more just straight leg and clean. 

post #12595 of 12832
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflypatty View Post

I like the way the NS denim looks in the pictures on the nordstrom model.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/a-p-c-new-standard-slim-straight-leg-selvedge-jeans-indigo/3262070

How would I acquire this look? Assuming the inseam is 34-35" and mine is between 29-30". I'm not really a fan of stacking or cuffing, more just straight leg and clean. 

Ns are kinda large...have them tapered. that's what I do and they look great! Cost me around 20$ to do so
post #12596 of 12832

Hmmm. So hem them down to about a 30" inseam and taper them as well?

Should I soak before or nah, I just bought them like yesterday

post #12597 of 12832
if they already fit like the model's save for the length don't taper them
post #12598 of 12832
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettdudley View Post

If you're looking at the Acne Max Cash, it fits awesome and has a little give to it.

My pairs of PS are much snugger in the seat and thigh with a slightly lower rise.  I think they have about the same leg opening though.  Right around 14 inches is my guess.  I could measure for you later though.

I like my Acne Max better FWIW.

I have a pair of PS and low rise seems really low to me. I don't wear them often because of it. I also had them taken in and made slimmer so they have a lot less give as well.
post #12599 of 12832
So I'm a true 32 size, but I got the 30 ns. I wasn't able to button pretty much any of the buttons standing up. Maybe the bottom most one, and they pulled up to my waist ok. When I sat down and leaned back to button them, I was able to button them all the way to the top. Should I size down 1?
post #12600 of 12832
that sounds extreme. I sized down 3 with my NS and I can button all of them right from the start.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.