or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 835

post #12511 of 12856
Just bought these 29 PNS. How's the fit? Finally got the 2nd to last top button buttoned. Top one is basically impossible but they stretched from wearing all day. Movement is pretty restrictive and the tightest spot is probably behind my knee for now. Not sure what to do, apc said they'd stretch out but idk since I've never owned apc raw. tried on apc black raw ps30 and could button all the way up and they weren't really tight .
2a7em54.jpg
2hgv0r9.jpg
15eux4x.jpg
2rpb8z6.jpg
Edited by Jordanm3195 - 2/12/14 at 11:36pm
post #12512 of 12856
it looks like you could've gone up 1 size or so, but the tight-ish fit doesn't actually look that bad on you imo

if you're expecting the legs to loosen up significantly, though, you'll be in for some disappointment so if that's a concern I'd try returning them


remember to always go by how jeans fit in the legs, not waist

when ppl say that their jeans stretched out however many sizes, they're almost always referring to just the waist (the overstretching of which can be remedied with a belt)
post #12513 of 12856
how many sizes did you size down from you natural waist? if you feel theyre too tight you may want to also try sizing down 3 on the new standards, may give you a similar fit with alittle more room. im with masshi it doesnt look that bad on you, but if you can button them up all the way and your movement is limited then you may want to try 3 down on the ns
post #12514 of 12856
Im like a size 31 in jeans.. Sometimes like if their was a 30.5 size jean waist than that. Hudson's are slouchy skinny 31 and have a big waist and kinda big on the leg. Idk what to do. I'll probably wear em the rest of the week and return by next Thursday cuz I got them at nordstrom and it's return whenever you want for whatever reason.
post #12515 of 12856
And tbh i can't get the top button buttoned so idk how much is left to stretch in the jean. I have to suck in 100% and hope to get it buttoned if I attempted. Thanks guys
post #12516 of 12856
I bought a pair of petit new standard last month,I'm usually a 29 so I ordered a 27,but they're way too small...are they true to size now?
post #12517 of 12856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanm3195 View Post

And tbh i can't get the top button buttoned so idk how much is left to stretch in the jean. I have to suck in 100% and hope to get it buttoned if I attempted. Thanks guys

clearly these are the wrong size for you............size up dude!
post #12518 of 12856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post


clearly these are the wrong size for you............size up dude!

 

+1

post #12519 of 12856
I thought I had to not be able to button the top 1 or 2 for a few wears? 30s are gonna feel perfectly fine I already tried them on. Is there another suggestion?
post #12520 of 12856
the not being able to button up advice sucks (I personally fell for it too when I got my ps)

it's all about the fit in the thighs and calves thighs and calves thighs and calves
post #12521 of 12856

.

post #12522 of 12856

alright. just put them on again and i think theyre too tight. back of knees actually hurt if i try to bend knees.

they are pns 29. what should i go for next? i have rbx15 slim straight and would like a slimmer fit which is why i feel new standards wouldnt be good.

also if im doing it wrong..whats the rule of thumb? are the thighs and calves supposed to be tight, snug or fit regular? also if i can button all the way up when i try them on wouldnt they stretch too much?  could barely get my foot thru the pns.. im assuming PS is the way to go for me 


Edited by Jordanm3195 - 2/13/14 at 3:55pm
post #12523 of 12856

Hey guys, just wanted some opinion on the fit of these APC jeans.  I went to Nordstrom and tried on a few different fits, and the pictures shown are the New Cure Size 29.  Sorry for the crappy phone pictures.  I was able to button the top button without much struggling and it fits snug at the waist, thigh, and butt.  I can sit down OK without feeling like my thighs are getting crushed.  This is the smallest size the store carried so I can probably get the size 28 off their website if needed.  I read a lot of different takes on this board regarding sizing down several-some of you think it needs to be ball-crushing tight and some of you say the thigh fit is what matters.  

 

I also tried on the smallest sizes of a couple other fits including the New Standard (29) and the New Petite Standard (28).  The NS was too loose in the top block and the NPS leg openings were maybe a bit too small for my body type.  Sorry I don't have pictures of either of those.

 

For the record I'm 5'4" and weigh 138 lbs.  My measured waist is 31 and I usually wear a size 29 with most brands.  I currently wear a size 29 (old fit) Unbranded UB101 skinny and they are very snug in the waist after two weeks.  

 

I appreciate any inputs you guys have.  Thanks.

 

 

 

post #12524 of 12856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanm3195 View Post

alright. just put them on again and i think theyre too tight. back of knees actually hurt if i try to bend knees.
they are pns 29. what should i go for next? i have rbx15 slim straight and would like a slimmer fit which is why i feel new standards wouldnt be good.
also if im doing it wrong..whats the rule of thumb? are the thighs and calves supposed to be tight, snug or fit regular? also if i can button all the way up when i try them on wouldnt they stretch too much?  could barely get my foot thru the pns.. im assuming PS is the way to go for me 

get something that has the fit in the legs you're looking for from the get-go as stretching in the calves and thighs are minimal

as I said before you can prevent the waist from stretching by wearing a belt
post #12525 of 12856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inktomei View Post

Hey guys, just wanted some opinion on the fit of these APC jeans.  I went to Nordstrom and tried on a few different fits, and the pictures shown are the New Cure Size 29.  Sorry for the crappy phone pictures.  I was able to button the top button without much struggling and it fits snug at the waist, thigh, and butt.  I can sit down OK without feeling like my thighs are getting crushed.  This is the smallest size the store carried so I can probably get the size 28 off their website if needed.  I read a lot of different takes on this board regarding sizing down several-some of you think it needs to be ball-crushing tight and some of you say the thigh fit is what matters.  

I also tried on the smallest sizes of a couple other fits including the New Standard (29) and the New Petite Standard (28).  The NS was too loose in the top block and the NPS leg openings were maybe a bit too small for my body type.  Sorry I don't have pictures of either of those.

For the record I'm 5'4" and weigh 138 lbs.  My measured waist is 31 and I usually wear a size 29 with most brands.  I currently wear a size 29 (old fit) Unbranded UB101 skinny and they are very snug in the waist after two weeks.  

I appreciate any inputs you guys have.  Thanks.







they actually look good, but at the same time they kinda bring attention to your relatively
bulky upper body (or maybe it's just your sweater or the pictures)

maybe you could try the NS in a 28 or size up one in the current rescues (or maybe find a way to try on some PS and see how those fare)



on a side-note - do you not mind the rescues not having a visible selvedge? I always thought that it was a nice detail, but if you don't mind it then whatever
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.