Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men: Official affiliate thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 2:49am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 833
Styleforum Top Picks
Soaking is putting the jeans in a tub of water. Most people do warm to hot water to get rid of most of the shrinkage, mostly in the length as the jeans are sanforized. Washing is with detergent.
I want to avoid as much inseam shrinkage as possible and don't mine fading so I'll soak them in cold water, no woolite black.
I've also read stretching the inseam after soaking them can help reduce the shrinking.
Is this worth it? Do I need to just pull them a little while they're drying?
PNS front and back rise is more similar to the NS than the PS. It's closer to an aggressively tapered NS than the PS, though the back rise is a tiny bit lower / flatter than the NS.
The PNS is a true slim (very) tapered jean - it's not in my opinion a pair especially suited to guys with especially thick legs though - for that I'd recommend a NS ( and have it tapered to your measurements if you like a narrow hem )
If it helps with a relative size guide, I wear both NS in 28, and PNS in 29, alternating depending on which leg opening works better with the shoes/boots I'm wearing.
You need to rinse the jeans after washing them to get the soap out, but no additional soaking is needed.
Not sure what you mean by soaking preventing shrinking. It doesn't do that.
Short answer - wash them with a small amount of Woolite Black, rinse, and you're done.
Soaking is preferable - they will shrink too, mostly in the leg, but you'll not lose so much dye and they'll stay dark and go back to your shape quickly.
Machine washing will shrink them, higher heat a bit more than cool, but it's really agitation / the spin that shrinks natural fabrics like cotton and wool. You'll also wash out more dye. Wool wash is all you'll need if you do machine wash your APC's.
In both cases they will stretch back out, with wear, to before wash size before too long.
To restore leg length stretch and pull at the legs/inseam whilst they're damp - you'll get most of the length back.
Do not tumble dry unless they're way too big for you to start with - heat + agitation is what shrinks natural fabrics the most.
These are actually pretty standard guides for washing all quality sanforised denim, especially if you like your jeans to stay darker and develop a more contrasted fade.
The only difference I see with APC is that people look to the brand for much tighter fits than they'd consider with most other brands. Crotch blowouts occur on all jeans over time - APC price point all the way up to £300+. This is partly due to the way traditionally made jeans are sewn at the crotch, partly because of downsizing, sagging or wearing the wrong cut / size for your physique ( a very common sight in APC forums ) and partly by not soaking / washing when filthy.
I want to hem both pairs of my APC (indigo and black)...
Do most people that wear APC hem before really wearing? At 5'10", it's somewhat annoying walking around with huge cuffs in order to get any kind of fade before you can hem. But if you hem soon, you risk the denim shrinking too short after the first wash. I've had these for four months now, so I may as well wash/hem/wear...
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 12 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 29 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 29 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 36 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 37 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 37 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 43 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 46 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays