or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 832

post #12466 of 12806

So my Petit Standards showed up today (thanks, Mr Porter).

 

I could stand to size down one more stop but I'm not going to (weight-gaining phase coming up). They're fitted enough for me, at any rate—I'm not looking for the sack-crusher fit.

 

So what do I do now? If I'm not mistaken, I'm not supposed to wash them until I retire. Also, I'm not supposed to take them off until then, either, correct? I should just wear my other clothes on top of them?  ;)

post #12467 of 12806
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post

you can't go by just how the waist fits since it'll stretch enough to accommodate (assuming it's not suuuuper tight)

thighs and calves will stretch to an extent, too, but not as much as the waist

if they're painted on for example they're not gonna loosen up drastically enough to where it'd mold to a perfect fit (unless you're going for the tight look to begin with)

since idk what your idea of a "perfect fit" is and you didn't post any pics it's hard to say whether you should size down or not, but the thighs and calves will only stretch as much as your legs give them resistance


as for your concerns over the waist, you can prevent them from over stretching by wearing a belt

I think you misunderstood my post. I was saying that this current fit is great, and I was wondering if the stretches in the thighs, knees and calves will somehow alter the look of the fit? Because that's something I do not want. Thanks.
post #12468 of 12806
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post


I think you misunderstood my post. I was saying that this current fit is great, and I was wondering if the stretches in the thighs, knees and calves will somehow alter the look of the fit? Because that's something I do not want. Thanks.

Stretches in the thighs, knees and calves are barely noticeable 

post #12469 of 12806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoke View Post

I recently got the 'Chic' pants in S and they fit great. For the blazer should I go for the S too? The model here is wearing S pants but M in the jacket http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/designer-apc-tapered-trouser-item-10375426.aspx?storeid=9031 http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/designer-apc-button-blazer-item-10375425.aspx?storeid=9031
 

 

Hey,

 

Would you  mind posting the exact measurments of the Small Size in APC pants.  I'm thinking about buying some and not sure whether to go small or medium.

 

Thanks

post #12470 of 12806

This might be a dumb question but I've noticed from pictures APCs tend to fade to a really light color compared to other brands. Is this true and if so, what are ways to keep jeans dark aside from not washing or soaking them? And what are some brands that have extreme contrasting fades, as in retaining the dark indigo in non faded spots.

post #12471 of 12806

Hey guys this is my first pair of raw denim.

 

I usually wear 30 so I sized down to 29 for these Petit New Standards. How do you guys think they fit?

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #12472 of 12806
it's ok
post #12473 of 12806
looks great, man

obviously they were cuffed that high just for the pictures, right?
post #12474 of 12806

Are N&F's slim guy similar in fit to APCs NS?

post #12475 of 12806

closer to weird guy I'd say

post #12476 of 12806
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post

looks great, man

obviously they were cuffed that high just for the pictures, right?

 

Yeah I need to hem them. Anybody have advice on hems or should I wait until I wash them? Maybe just an inch right now is safe?

post #12477 of 12806
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post
 

This might be a dumb question but I've noticed from pictures APCs tend to fade to a really light color compared to other brands. Is this true and if so, what are ways to keep jeans dark aside from not washing or soaking them? And what are some brands that have extreme contrasting fades, as in retaining the dark indigo in non faded spots.

APC recommend adding a dash of Woolite Black into a cold soak if you're washing them and are bothered about colour loss. Some people want the colour to fade, some don't. I'm a half-and-half. I don't want them completely faded but I want some character. I cold soaked and they still look like raw denim.

post #12478 of 12806
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4gdelen4 View Post
 

 

Yeah I need to hem them. Anybody have advice on hems or should I wait until I wash them? Maybe just an inch right now is safe?

My PS used to roll up twice on the turn-up. After I cold washed them, they only roll up once. That's about an inch shrinkage. 

post #12479 of 12806

Does soaking or washing after a fair time, instead of waiting forever, prevent rips and crotch blow outs?

post #12480 of 12806

Anyone know some good Canadian website stores to buy some APC?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.