Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men: Official affiliate thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 2:49am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 822
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks guys... I appreciate the comments and good conversation.
Allen Edmonds Neumora's, and one of my favorites. I always come back to these because of their comfort, and regardless of what Vesper says, I get more compliments on these than my Carminas, Aldens, C&J's etc... :)
Jeans look great. Shoes are really nice but maybe a bit too formal for the jeans. I guess if you throw on a sportscoat it all works, otherwise needs something more casual.
I disagree about the toe box, and think they're nice shoes. But I'd say they're a bit shiny and formal, and have a bit too much going on, to be worn with stacked jeans. They'd work a lot better with pants that have a slightly wider leg opening and less slouchy silhouette.
I just shined them... good eye. I will see what kind of results I get with my shell brogues, but those feel even more formal than these DB's. Style wise, there is just something about a tapered trouser with a pair of DB's has always appealed to me.
Aldens can look a bit old fashioned for some general commentators (I would know as I have a bunch of them). Double monks can look a bit more "fashion forward" to a lot of people and look nice without being too cheesy or showy. That said, I wear my APCs with Alden brogues and boots all the time and they work very well and get a lot of compliments.
I have a couple of their boots. I got the caramel chelsea boots from a couple of seasons ago, which are OK, but nothing special. They seem to have a cemented construction. I also got the black Montantes boots from last F/W and they are great. Both leather quality and construction seem good. The black back zip boots from this season look similar in regard to leather and sole, so if they are made similar to the shoes from last F/W they are good shoes.
I bought these during the summer (http://streething.com/news/7691/a-p-c-crepe-sole-leather-boots/) and they are pretty good. Comfortable, good quality leather and TTS. I got them 50% off on sale for about $240 and it originally retailed around $500. I would say like other APC products, wait for sale and for $500 you have a lot of other options.
I agree, they look nice. I don’t like a cemented construction though and there are better options in this price range.
I understand that they stretch obviously because they have Polyurethane in them, but do they stretch more or less than some regular PS would stretch after time?
Yes, I should have specified that the standard indigo are not on sale. But I'm glad I didn't buy RRL washed black jeans at $360 and instead will likely get either the NS or PS in "grey"
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Whiskey LWB - 9.5D 14 minutes ago
- › LIVE///Southampton vs Tottenham Hotspur Live Stream 17 minutes ago
- › Consolidated Tie Sale (Drakes, Tie Your Tie, Sozzi, Tadino etc) 19 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › LIVE///Burnley vs Leicester City Live Stream 21 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...