Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men: Official affiliate thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 2:49am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 815
Styleforum Top Picks
??? er, I'm no denim expert, but my understanding of selvedge is that it's not entirely unrelated to cut. I thought based on the loom width setting, you more or less get a straight cut jean with selvedge line, and if the taper is as big as with a NC then you'll still have raw but the selvedge line may be cut off or not even there in the first place (they'd just use raw sheets instead). I could be completely wrong about this... what I will say for sure is that I've owned NS, NC, and PS, and only the NS had the selvedge line. I've never seen NC's with them, so the situation above sounds unusual to me too.... anyone?
I purchased a pair of APC New Standards about a week ago, but there's already been an accident. I spilled a significant amount of ketchup on my jeans after only one week, and I had to wash them. I turned them inside out, used cold water, delicate detergent, and rinsed them as carefully as possible. I'm seeing some indigo loss, but I'm not sure how much.
To what extent will this effect the fading? I assume it isn't a death sentence, but I also assume that my fades won't be as dramatic as some of the fades I see on the internet. What do you all think? Am I screwed?
I had to wash my current pair at about 3 weeks in because of a spill. And now 10 months later I can definitely say the fades are not as good as my last pair that went 6-8 months before touching water.
Editing this post since it got no answers and I figured a lot of things out by myself and still need help. I live in a country that does not have a store that carries APC, so I have no choice but to buy them online.
I´m 5´9 and weight 154 lbs. My jeans waist is a solid 31, my thighs are 10 inches across calves and knees both around 7.25. I e-mailed a webshop and asked for some measurements on a few specific pairs of apc denim. They took some pairs that they had in stock and measured them, and this is what I came up with:
The ones I marked with yellow are the ones that I thought that would fit me better. I´m looking for a slim tapered fit that is not painted on.
So now I´m stuck between NC 28, NC 29 or PS 28 judging by those measures. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.
I would go with the PNS in the size 28. Should fit really well once they're broken in and PS would probably be too tight
Edited by RXS09 - 10/29/13 at 8:27am
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 49 seconds ago
- › LBM 1911 Grey Flannel Sport Coat 54 EUR size 53 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › Need some opinions 2 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan