or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 769

post #11521 of 12780
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargerhm View Post

Saw this earlier, thought it was interesting, they claim just about everything commonly heard about raw denim to be bullshit/unnecessary.

The two guys in the video seem like credible sources too as a founder and co-founder of highly respected denim brands. Regardless what you decide to do, one thing you should do is just not worry about it too much, you've already got a year in them, you don't have anything to worry about really, it'll be fine.

Embedding won't happen, sorry. http://vimeo.com/56727014

I just wanted to wash them since the are starting to smell funky :P On the other hadn Im afraid of shrinkage, since I already gained 9kg in the last couple of month they are really tight around my ass frown.gif
post #11522 of 12780
They will shrink in the wash. My apcs shrank about 1 size from what they were like new, but also became much softer and stretchier.
post #11523 of 12780
^can't agree with that. After I washed mine (hand wash in the tub) they were a bit smaller than before but not even as small as they were brand new. They stretched out to the exact same waist size again after couple of days.
post #11524 of 12780
Quote:
Originally Posted by filcol View Post

^can't agree with that. After I washed mine (hand wash in the tub) they were a bit smaller than before but not even as small as they were brand new. They stretched out to the exact same waist size again after couple of days.

+1 this. the only shrinkage you should be worried about that won't be reversed after a few wears is your inseam. and even there, it won't be all that much, maybe 0.5-1 inch at the most. 

post #11525 of 12780
What do you guys think of this fit?
post #11526 of 12780

Kind of hard to tell but it looks like you could still size down

post #11527 of 12780
I'm on my second pair of NS in 30 and also own Rescues in 30. Both of my NS have had the crotch blow out so I decided to buy NS in 31. Unfortunately, these are almost identical to my Rescues, except for having a .5" smaller cuff. foo.gif

Thinking of returning and getting something else. How do you all remedy your crotch blow out issues?
post #11528 of 12780
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargerhm View Post


Saw this earlier, thought it was interesting, they claim just about everything commonly heard about raw denim to be bullshit/unnecessary.

The two guys in the video seem like credible sources too as a founder and co-founder of highly respected denim brands. Regardless what you decide to do, one thing you should do is just not worry about it too much, you've already got a year in them, you don't have anything to worry about really, it'll be fine.

Kiya and Andrew know a lot, but they're a little quick to say no here. APC is different from most/all Selfedge brands. Their advice in that video is good advice for things sold at their store, including 3 Sixteen. But you've gotta consider:

* washing every two months will lose more indigo w/ APCs. That's fine if that's your plan.
* the freezer works, and they admit it.
* sanforizing has nothing to do with the ocean wash. The ocean wash is about cleaning. but see my last two points for this.
* APCs stretch the most of any denim brand I know of, so you do need to buy a little tighter than you would one of the Selfedge brands
* Andrew rightly points out that these tub soaks, the nonwashing stuff is fun, but he for some reason tries to invalidate that. My stance is that fun's a pretty good reason to do something.
* and the sea wash...well obviously, if you go swimming in a dirty ocean, the jeans will be dirty. I'm not saying that the sea wash is a great/effective idea at all (I haven't tried it but I know the sea can smell), but if you're gonna do it, consider your ocean.
post #11529 of 12780
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9n View Post

I'm on my second pair of NS in 30 and also own Rescues in 30. Both of my NS have had the crotch blow out so I decided to buy NS in 31. Unfortunately, these are almost identical to my Rescues, except for having a .5" smaller cuff. foo.gif

Thinking of returning and getting something else. How do you all remedy your crotch blow out issues?

I take my jeans to my tailor and he puts a patch on the inside of the jeans. I think it works well.
post #11530 of 12780
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXS09 View Post

Kind of hard to tell but it looks like you could still size down

Here are some other pictures. I'm trying to get a little more breathing room for my junk but am not sure if they're too big. The waist fits perfectly right now but I'm going to always wear a belt so it won't stretch. I'm worried that the rest is too big and especially fearful that once they stretch ill get those wings on the sides of my hips. What do you guys think?







Edit: these are new standards. I usually wear a 28 or 29 in pants and these are size 27. I think they might be an old run because they had two 27s and the other felt like a 26.
post #11531 of 12780
If you want a tighter fit around the legs, I'd say go for PS instead. Sizing those NS down more would kill you in the waist I think.
post #11532 of 12780
Quote:
Originally Posted by filcol View Post

If you want a tighter fit around the legs, I'd say go for PS instead. Sizing those NS down more would kill you in the waist I think.

Thanks. But won't the PS be tighter around the knee, calves, and leg hole? I like the straight leg look and the rise of these but am just not sure if they're too big in the thighs. Also not sure if they will stretch at the hips even though they're not tight there now. Thanks for your help.
post #11533 of 12780
Looking to cop a pair of NS Raw on TBS. I wear a size 31 in NF indigos slim guy. Would a 31 in the NS be comparable?
post #11534 of 12780

I'm a size 30 in NF weird guys and ended up going with size 29 NS. 

post #11535 of 12780
How do you guys get nice looking stacks that sit on top of each other.?

Every time I wear raw denim i get some weird bacon leg stacks going on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.