Originally Posted by bargerhm
Saw this earlier, thought it was interesting, they claim just about everything commonly heard about raw denim to be bullshit/unnecessary.
The two guys in the video seem like credible sources too as a founder and co-founder of highly respected denim brands. Regardless what you decide to do, one thing you should do is just not worry about it too much, you've already got a year in them, you don't have anything to worry about really, it'll be fine.
Kiya and Andrew know a lot, but they're a little quick to say no here. APC is different from most/all Selfedge brands. Their advice in that video is good advice for things sold at their store, including 3 Sixteen. But you've gotta consider:
* washing every two months will lose more indigo w/ APCs. That's fine if that's your plan.
* the freezer works, and they admit it.
* sanforizing has nothing to do with the ocean wash. The ocean wash is about cleaning. but see my last two points for this.
* APCs stretch the most of any denim brand I know of, so you do need to buy a little tighter than you would one of the Selfedge brands
* Andrew rightly points out that these tub soaks, the nonwashing stuff is fun, but he for some reason tries to invalidate that. My stance is that fun's a pretty good reason to do something.
* and the sea wash...well obviously, if you go swimming in a dirty ocean, the jeans will be dirty. I'm not saying that the sea wash is a great/effective idea at all (I haven't tried it but I know the sea can smell), but if you're gonna do it, consider your ocean.