Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men: Official affiliate thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 2:49am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 768
Styleforum Top Picks
I think it might have been left overs from a long time ago, since there's like almost no one who buys sizes that small
This guide is pretty good: http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/03/how-to-wash-and-clean-your-raw-denim-tips-instructions-video/
Got these in late Dec, just about 10 or 11 weeks ago now. Sized down just under 2, got 31, my waist is nearly 33 (1/8 shy), wanted a classic fit instead of more fitted like the last pair of NS I had, which have basically fallen apart by now. I think I did pretty damn good on getting the fit I wanted, and virtually no stretching has occurred other than in the waist. The knees have slight ripple but are still nearly flat when laid out, shouldn't change either, I feel like 10 weeks would have caused them to stretch all they will.
I just wish the waist/crotch was about a half inch smaller through out, nothing my belt and proper adjustment on my waist doesn't fix though.
Also I'm only turning 19 next month so I'm still filling out and have room to gain some weight (~6'3" and ~150-160 lbs, want to get to ~175, starting workout plan soon). My dad said he was the same way and we're basically the same height now but he's a fit 210 lbs or so, it'll happen soon enough, he had a second growth spurt after high school so maybe I will too, my metabolism will undoubtedly drop off some in the next few years as well.
Day 1 - Have since dropped them from 3 cuffs seen here, to single cuffs, seen below, now that the bottom half has softened up more.
Top pic below is from yesterday, bottom 2 from about a week ago.
Creases are pretty much set in denim (lol), if you will, by now. Only light fading I can see so far is the whiskers right by my crotch, almost directly underneath. Used to cuff them more because I didn't like how the hem fell on my shoes, but they've broken in nicely and I'm liking them more and more the further along I get. Also thrilled with the minimal stretching they've sustained due to the classic fit and not being so tight against my legs.
Highly anticipating when time to wash rolls around, watching denim age is awesome. This is my 3rd pair of raws, have some Nudie Grim Tim's that are still alive a kicking, much life left and indigo to lose still, got them in Sep. 2011.
Here's my old APCs that are destroyed now, got these at the end of 2009 in late Dec. when I was 15 years old, first pair of raw jawnz, I love these things, more comfortable than any sweatpants imaginable. Tagged 28s and they've grown with me over the years and still fit my 33 inch waist today. The ass region has pretty much deteriorated due to me growing, wearing them thin and a harsh fall on asphalt riding a mountain board down a steep ass hill going 25-30 mph. Other than the back yoke and pockets they're in great shape but I don't wear them very often any more, just went I'm feeling nostalgic or want a destroyed look, I should probably do some repairs to bring them back, just need to get them from home and bring them to school with me, spring break is soon.
A user on Sufu (swissjeansfreak) is the proprietor of a jeans museum in Switzerland and he has over 5000 pairs of jeans I think he said, and he asked if I would donate these to his collection, I told him no and explained that these jeans are a part of my adolescence and they aren't going anywhere and I plan to hang on to them forever.
He understood of course, and he also told me that these are some of the best fades on a pair of APCs he's ever seen to date.
Quote: Copy & Pasted from the message he sent me.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's handled more used pairs than this guy, that's just one mans opinion but I'd say it definitely holds some weight, as this one man has definitely seen some jawnz in his time and knows what the fuck he's talking about.
Here's a link he sent me to his site, it's pretty shitty and all foreign but there's some pictures http://www.jeansmuseum.org. Here's a blog post about it with some good pictures/info http://www.rawrdenim.com/2012/08/ultimate-denim-collection-the-jeans-museum/ I'm sure tons of bloggers have made a visit to this place as well if you wanted to see more.
Can't wait to get these back into a condition worthy of regular wear, never really considered it until now but I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it happen. I wish I had some better pictures but these are all I've got on my computer, will post more in a few weeks when I retrieve them from home.
Top 2 were taken in Dec. 2012 over winter break, 2nd pic is new ones next to old.
Took these in Sept 2011 when I started to stray away from them as I had just got my Nudies.
This is how destroyed they were BEFORE I slid a good 5 feet across some concrete in them, which happens to be a quite unforgiving experience for any garments you happen to be wearing, ripped thought my sweat shirt I had on over a hoody and ripped a hole in the hoody too, probably was the hardest fall I've ever taken in my life.
Saw this earlier, thought it was interesting, they claim just about everything commonly heard about raw denim to be bullshit/unnecessary.
The two guys in the video seem like credible sources too as a founder and co-founder of highly respected denim brands. Regardless what you decide to do, one thing you should do is just not worry about it too much, you've already got a year in them, you don't have anything to worry about really, it'll be fine.
Embedding won't happen, sorry. http://vimeo.com/56727014
Edited by bargerhm - 3/11/13 at 12:43am
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Post pics of your denim 12 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 14 minutes ago
- › New Margaret Howell Wool Trousers XS (W29-30) 14 minutes ago
- › DLester's "Official Repository of Things That Are Awful Yet I Like... 15 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 16 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 18 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays