Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men: Official affiliate thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 2:49am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 765
Styleforum Top Picks
Just got my first pair of APC's, went for the Petit Standard. I normally wear 30"-31" waist jeans so went for the 29" tagged size.
Do you guys think these fit okay? I can get them buttoned up okay and they're tight (struggle to get hands in pockets) but comfortable.
I was after a fit like these;
They look skinnier to me. Do you guys think I should size down one more to achieve that look? or am I ok?
These look great. You mind posting the exact flat thigh measurement 1'' below the crotch (measured edge to edge and not seam to seam)?
I need some help with the sizing problem of petit standard. I tried on both size 24 & 25 at the local store.
I can button up all the way in size 25 which feels tight enough. However the salesperson said that its too big and gave me a smaller size.
I tried the size 24, but i can't seem to get my ankle through the leg openings.
Which size should i get? I am a size 26-27 in nudie thin finn.
Any help will be great. Thanks you!
When I washed my new standards they shrunk back to their original size and stretched back out to fit me pretty quickly, only permanent change is the length, and thats a minor change anyway.
Tailoring them is fine, its probably easiest to do it from the selvedge line on the outseam if you dont mind altering the width of the selvedge line. I had some Petit standards a while back that were too tight in the calf, so I let them out about 1/4" from there. You wont ruin the integrity or anything. Infact, if you can sew a straight line and have a sewing machine that can handle denim, you could probably do it yourself no problem.
You were pretty much right on with your predictions. Thanks again. The 30" rescues I bought came in the mail today. The initial fit looked a little baggy, waist was more like a 33" but perfect length. I am a 32" normally. I did a quick delicate cycle wash w cold water and tumble dry ultra delicate. They turned out great. They lost about two inches on the waist that stretched over the course of the night to a perfect 32. You were right about the color. They definitely didn't fade, but lost that dark magic that comes on new apcs. They are a little more blue-jean ish now, which is the only thing I'm bummed about. Major changes on the length and width of the legs though. I would venture to say they lost a full inch on each knee and thigh, and a conservative TWO INCHES on the length. Making them perfect length without the trademark selvedge roll. Which I'm ok with. Overall very satisfied with the purchase, seeing as I spent $70 shipped on a pair of new with tags apcs that they don't make any more. For big thighed guys - apc rescues are for you, though I wouldn't recommend drying if you want to cuff the bottoms. . They fit perfect, snug but with room to move in. Thanks again for the advice @max_r
That was my concern. After reading a lot of this thread and seeing how much the waist will stretch, I was worried the 29"s were a bit too easy to get on. They might be fine, but I thought I may as well give the 28" a go...
sure, but the thighs should generally be the first thing to match. i think a size down from the 29s (at least from what i could make out in your fit pics) is going to be too tight. imo, if your dead set on a certain cut of jeans, the thighs should always be the first measurement you look at.
tresbien. $175 minus 20% VAT, assuming you're not in europe
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 9 minutes ago
- › A Study in Stripes: Regimental and Repp Ties 10 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 13 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays