or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 763

post #11431 of 12799
Quote:
Originally Posted by lckychrmsbboy View Post

Groves, context's measurements are pretty accurate. But since they changed it it, my 27's are the 28 measurements. Don't know if the vanity size changed our not .

27 PS with a month of wear. Tts is like 29
Waist aligned 15
thigh @ crotch 10.75
Knee 7.25
Hem 6.25

You might be able to get the waist to stretch. I wear a belt and dont want it to stretch much more. Hopefully those measurements can help you get your size


Their measurements are all wacked out.



Leg opening increases with size and then goes back down? Unless this is due to an increase in seam length from tagged 28 to 29.
post #11432 of 12799

I have a pair of Naked and Famous Skinny guys in size 29 which I plan to sell beacause to tightness in the top block. Does anyone know what the corresponding size would be in PS with the new sizing scheme?

The waist on the skinny guys after stretch is 31'' (laid flat and doubled) which is perfect (but a little snug). The thighs are 10.5 and too tight. I think 31.5'' in waist and 11.5 in thighs would be ideal for me. 

Assuming the contextclothing measurements are accurate, the actual waist measurement is 1 inch larger than the tag. Should I go with PS 28 (2'' room for stretch) or 30 (1'' room for strech)? 

If I soak these every 3 months, do they go back to their original size in the thighs, etc?

post #11433 of 12799
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyxicon View Post

I have a pair of Naked and Famous Skinny guys in size 29 which I plan to sell beacause to tightness in the top block. Does anyone know what the corresponding size would be in PS with the new sizing scheme?

The waist on the skinny guys after stretch is 31'' (laid flat and doubled) which is perfect (but a little snug). The thighs are 10.5 and too tight. I think 31.5'' in waist and 11.5 in thighs would be ideal for me. 

Assuming the contextclothing measurements are accurate, the actual waist measurement is 1 inch larger than the tag. Should I go with PS 28 (2'' room for stretch) or 30 (1'' room for strech)? 

If I soak these every 3 months, do they go back to their original size in the thighs, etc?

i might be wrong, but pretty much positive that if you want those measurements (waist and thighs), you're not going to get them in the PS. 

post #11434 of 12799

What would you recommend then? NS? 

I'm actually very skinny (6'1'', 140lbs). I thought PS would be the perfect cut for me. I'm thinking with a 28, the waist would stretch enough to fit me (I wear 29 or 30 in regular jeans) and the thighs would stretch a little bit to 11 or 11.5. 

 

Can someone measures their worn 28 or 29 PS in the thighs like this (crotch seam to outer edge)?

 

post #11435 of 12799

imo you should look at another brand if you want those measurements. fwiw, i have a pair of PS in 29 that i bought last year and fully worn in, the waist measures 31-32" with 11" thighs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyxicon View Post

What would you recommend then? NS? 

I'm actually very skinny (6'1'', 140lbs). I thought PS would be the perfect cut for me. I'm thinking with a 28, the waist would stretch enough to fit me (I wear 29 or 30 in regular jeans) and the thighs would stretch a little bit to 11 or 11.5. 

 

Can someone measures their worn 28 or 29 PS in the thighs like this (crotch seam to outer edge)?

 

post #11436 of 12799
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post

imo you should look at another brand if you want those measurements. fwiw, i have a pair of PS in 29 that i bought last year and fully worn in, the waist measures 31-32" with 11" thighs

 

Thanks for the measurement. Have you washed/soak those?

post #11437 of 12799
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyxicon View Post

 

Thanks for the measurement. Have you washed/soak those?

i soaked initially before getting them hemmed. then washed once after about 5-6 months

post #11438 of 12799

That's exactly what I plan to do! So I guess PS is not for me :(

post #11439 of 12799
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyxicon View Post

That's exactly what I plan to do! So I guess PS is not for me :(

naked and famous weird guy fit might work for you

post #11440 of 12799
A weird guy fits nearly the same as a petit standard with even less top block room (imo) this was atleast the case for my two 31's that I have in each cut.

Weird guy top block ruins it for me, its too low and tight.
post #11441 of 12799
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1mab3an View Post

A weird guy fits nearly the same as a petit standard with even less top block room (imo) this was atleast the case for my two 31's that I have in each cut.

Weird guy top block ruins it for me, its too low and tight.

i do agree that the top block fits a bit weird and isn't as comfortable as ps, but if he's looking specifically for the measurements he posted, it would probably be a good option for him to check.

post #11442 of 12799
Going to order my first pair of APC's tonight. Anyone know of somewhere that ships to the UK with free delivery / free returns? Just in case I get the sizing wrong on the first go...

Decided i'll be going to the New Cures over the Petit Standards as I have skinny thighs and I think the NC's are slimmer overall. Normally wear 32" so will order 30" I guess.
post #11443 of 12799
One more thing in regards to my specific wg's and petit standard. While the top thigh might measure .3 inches slimmer in the p.s., the knee is actually a bit roomier then my weird guy, which results in a slightly less severe taper and works much better for my muscular thighs. With both pairs I need to wear a belt to accommodate my thighs.
post #11444 of 12799
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyxicon View Post

What would you recommend then? NS? 
I'm actually very skinny (6'1'', 140lbs). I thought PS would be the perfect cut for me. I'm thinking with a 28, the waist would stretch enough to fit me (I wear 29 or 30 in regular jeans) and the thighs would stretch a little bit to 11 or 11.5. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post

imo you should look at another brand if you want those measurements. fwiw, i have a pair of PS in 29 that i bought last year and fully worn in, the waist measures 31-32" with 11" thighs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyxicon View Post

That's exactly what I plan to do! So I guess PS is not for me frown.gif

Isn't that exactly what you want?
post #11445 of 12799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groves View Post




Isn't that exactly what you want?

i think he wants the thighs to be roomier (11.5)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.